11/14/21 Gameday Bills at Jets Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Ok, I owe everyone an apology. Re-reading last weeks Pregame Thread, it .um.. didn’t age well. I’ve followed the Bills religiously since we stole Jackie Kemp from SD in 1963. Yes, I’ve witnessed back to back League championships. But I’ve seen too much misery since! Johnny Robinson’s 80 yard INT return, Fouts to Smith, Bruce’s Phantom Facemask at Cincy, Wide Right, Redskin scalping, Dallas DoomsDAYS, Music City Debacle, The Rocky Houston Horror Show and the Massacre at little Big Chief. But I’ve never seen what I witnessed last Sunday! The atrocious London Jagoffs beating us on foreign soil?
Preposterous. 

Yes, Balt, Tenn, the LA teams, the ‘Bay’ teams, Dal, KC, LV & NO have also experienced shocking upset losses and we’re barley at the halfway mark of the season. I now have no clue how this season will unfold. Gone seemingly forever is the rare comfort level of the contentment that comes with expecting the Bills to win. 

Which brings us to the Nyets. They suck. Right? They ALWAYS suck. Right?? From ownership to this seasons’ QB hopeful, they just simply suck. Right??? 

Yes. 

But…..

We will face a ‘2 Deep’ look from here out until we prove we can beat it. We simply CAN’T run the ball, sans Allen. Injuries are piling up on an already suspect O-Line. The only consistent pluses have been Bass, Knox & Defense -so far..

Coincidentally, all the fleeting, rarified air of being the national media Darlings has disappeared. Are we prepared for another week of national bloodletting? “Pretender Status”? A full week of @Jimmy Spagnola  punching our teeth out?

I’m not. I’m taking a hiatus. 

Go BILLS!

Mafia in the Apple

• Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

So I’ve stayed off the football internet for one week. Outside of seeing an occasional headline I abstained completely from watching any TV, no YouTube, no Podcasts, no TBD, no TNF,  etc.  This is redemption Sunday.  I’m ready to now put last week in the rear view mirror.  

Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Happy Game Day, all!

Well, I do hope this Sunday is much better than last week's. Like Chandler--like all of us--I'm still getting over the shock of it. Today would be a good day to put it in the rear view mirror.

Alright, moving on, looking forward, as Churchill said, “When going through hell, keep going.” .... On to the Jets!

LET'S GO, BUFFALO!

Edited by CSBill
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Happy gameday all!  Let's get back to business and roll today!

Too much has been said about us struggling with cover 2/etc. It was 1 game against Jacksonville, an off game across the board offensively.  Miami threw very few cover 2 looks our way, it was cover 0 blitzes and we adjusted in the 2nd half.  I'm tired of hearing about this vaunted cover 2 that we are struggling with, it's a myth.

Bottom line, we need more balance on offense and better playcalling from Daboll.  Get off to a fast start and not look back...Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Winning takes care of Everything! Winning means we can’t lose in the standings, can’t be sent home in the playoffs ..just win and everything will work out !! We can control our destiny. 

Felt like an All Business sort  of week from the Bills. Let’s see a big time response to the challenge.

Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1