Does anybody want to tell me again how good Flores is?

eball

2 hours ago, Htt2821 said:

I am sure you mean in the NFL, but Saban has done okay for himself at Alabama. 

That’s college, it’s like being king of the playground, so it doesn’t count for anything in all reality. 

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

McD went 6-10 in year 2. Unless Flores has lost the locker room he will be back.

So you’re comparing McDermott’s Year 2 to Flores’ Year 3?

Besides, McDermott finished 10-6 and made the playoffs in his 3rd season and his franchise QB’s 2nd.  

Flores lost to a team that hasn’t won for nearly 2 seasons

3 hours ago, 298Woody said:

Flores success was directly tied to Fitzpatrick. Ryan turned around a horrible team and pulled the locker room together two years ago and again last year he was either winning the game or coming in relief to win it. Tua isn't even a team captan. Horrible organization from the top down.

Fitzpatrick and turnovers…. Even when Fitzpatrick was “benched,” Miami still won with Tua thanks to a defense that forced turnovers against average to bad teams.  

It was pretty clear that their model of winning wasn’t sustainable and there was no better example than Week 17 in 2020.  

I think if anything the 10-6 record last season was a bit of mirage and raised expectations a little higher than they should’ve been

8 hours ago, billsherd said:

I need to see Mia win some games so they don't have very high pick that helps that more in getting Watson.

We want Miami losing every game they can this year - to the point of replacing Jacksonville and going 1-16 after winning week 1.

That Miami pick goes to Philly and with their other potential pick makes them more likely to get Watson - potentially 3 first round picks in the top 10.

We also want teams like Seattle (NYJ have their #1) and SF (Miami has their #1) to get better and get more wins.

My biggest takeaway is the bungle of a job Miami did this off season after making a big trade with SF and making a huge profit with Houston’s pick - to give most of that profit up for a WR was just dumb.

That trade could end up being the biggest reason they can’t  get Watson and can’t get a new QB next year.  Maybe it all works out, but currently they screwed them selves and I love it.

15 hours ago, eball said:

This is hilarious. Since doing an “amazing” job his first year in Miami this guy has to be considered one of the worst head coaches in the league. I’ve posted many times before about how badly he botched Tua’s first year and how he had his team completely unprepared in last year’s finale, but the embarrassment of losing to the Jags takes the cake. Flores sucks and eff the Fish. 

Lets hope they don't fire him or the GM ;)

8 hours ago, billsherd said:

I need to see Mia win some games so they don't have very high pick that helps that more in getting Watson.

If those 22 women have anything to say Warson's next game might be against the Bulls......the guards team ;)

Yesterday was a super weird situation for me.

Team 1- Ten win team the year before with coach of the year candidate.  Have their "franchise QB" back from injury.

Team 2- First overall draft pick and on 20 game losing streak.  Rookie QB playing under hack college coach more known for cheating on his wife than getting wins.  Home field advantage lost to neutral site game.  Other first round pick out with injury.

I bet actual currency on Team 2, and WON.  Legit "buy a cheeseburger" moolah in my pocket from being more confident at this point in Team 2.

I confess...

Last year I read/heard stories about how the Dolphins were the following the Bills blueprint and that Flores was South Florida's McDermott: a team-first, follow-the-process, culture builder.

When the fins finished 10-6 last year - doubling their win total of the year before, I believed those stories.  Silly me.

Btw, as a reminder, the only time McD didn't get the Bills into the playoffs was 2018 when the we had the lowest active cap spending - and arguably the weakest roster - in the NFL.  Just earning 6 wins that season was a solid bit of coaching.  

8 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I confess...

Last year I read/heard stories about how the Dolphins were the following the Bills blueprint and that Flores was South Florida's McDermott: a team-first, follow-the-process, culture builder.

When the fins finished 10-6 last year - doubling their win total of the year before, I believed those stories.  Silly me.

Btw, as a reminder, the only time McD didn't get the Bills into the playoffs was 2018 when the we had the lowest active cap spending - and arguably the weakest roster - in the NFL.  Just earning 6 wins that season was a solid bit of coaching.  

That disciplinarian "I am smarter and tougher than anyone else" act works for a while but then wears thin.  Reports are that that is what eventually wore thin with Brady.  Bellichick had Brady to back him up (for most of the run) and they won.  But with that kind of coach things tend to snowball when a team starts losing.  It's hard to listen to a coach who screams at you because he knows better than everyone else, when his record is 1-5.  That's always been the problem with the Belichick coaching tree.

14 hours ago, foreboding said:

There is far too much talent on that team to have only one win. At some point you cannot keep playing man to man and wondering wh it doesn't work. Has to be coaching. Flores is probably done.

But that the thing they don't just play man to man. They play zone as well. The problem is the times that they SHOULD be playing man they play zone and vise versa. Why that is, I have no idea.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.