Does anybody want to tell me again how good Flores is?

eball

9 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Flores has been out smarted, out classed and out coached. Dolphins should cut ties. 

If this keeps up, he will be let go. I suspect that in a division with Allen and (perhaps) an ascending Jones, they will feel compelled to hire an offensive minded HC. Seeing the job in Dallas, I think Kellen Moore will be one of the candidates. 

2 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

If this keeps up, he will be let go. I suspect that in a division with Allen and (perhaps) an ascending Jones, they will feel compelled to hire an offensive minded HC. Seeing the job in Dallas, I think Kellen Moore will be one of the candidates. 

What about our own OC. The Bills have kicked the **** out of the Fish in recent meetings scoring at will on them.

19 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

McD went 6-10 in year 2. Unless Flores has lost the locker room he will be back.

McD went to the playoffs in a year they pulled Tyrod Taylor for Nathan Peterman.  Top that Flores!

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I confess...

Last year I read/heard stories about how the Dolphins were the following the Bills blueprint and that Flores was South Florida's McDermott: a team-first, follow-the-process, culture builder.

When the fins finished 10-6 last year - doubling their win total of the year before, I believed those stories.  Silly me.

Btw, as a reminder, the only time McD didn't get the Bills into the playoffs was 2018 when the we had the lowest active cap spending - and arguably the weakest roster - in the NFL.  Just earning 6 wins that season was a solid bit of coaching.  

Turns out it wasn't Flores that got that team to buy in and believe.  It was Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Edited by Scott7975

Not here to defend Flores, he's obviously going down the path of many other failed Belichik assistants away from Foxboro but in his defense the main reason why the Dophins season has gone up in flames is the QB position.

But even if Tua had been 100% healthy all season can't see them being any better than 3-3 right now anyway.

Still think they will probably end up landing Deshaun Watson at some point between now and next offseason but probably will have a new coach in place too.

• Agree 1

I was scared of the Dolphins/Flores.  I saw what they did when they started out like 0-5 and looked historically bad 0-16 candidate and started to play for their coach and very respectable.  It felt McDermott-like.  

Then you saw they were going to have (a few) cracks at franchise quarterbacks as well as an embarrassment of riches as far as premium draft picks go.  Some really good pieces on defense too.

Im surprised it has gone so far off the rails.  

7 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Why did they pick Tua? That is the real question.

Taking Tua over Herbert will haunt them for next 15 years or so unless they find their QB they can win with. Same for the Jets taking Darnold over Allen. 

Edited by Greg S

Flores is like many coaches who've failed in the NFL, including Buffalo coaches Dick Jauron and Rex Ryan.  They are either reluctant to, or know how, to adapt their strategy when it's been figured out.  Flores is same exact coach he was his first year, and the opposing team knows what's going to happen.  

The position requires a person who adapts and changes strategy persistently, sometimes quarter to quarter.  You can get away with running the same game plan out there week after week in college.  In the NFL, that's a sure way to fail.  

56 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Taking Tua over Herbert will haunt them for next 15 years or so unless they find their QB they can win with. Same for the Jets taking Darnold over Allen. 

Exactly! When they picked Tua over Herbert I thought how dumb can they be? They can be in QB purgatory for awhile lol.

10 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

He is terrible and would be nothing without Allen. Will be a horrible HC hire 🙂🙂

Likely true, 

Go Bills!!!

On 10/17/2021 at 3:50 PM, Ethan in Portland said:

McD went 6-10 in year 2. Unless Flores has lost the locker room he will be back.

McDermott's 2nd season was all about developing Josh Allen.  The record was irrelevant.  Flores isn't developing anyone & the owner wants Watson, not Tua if Watson remains a free man in 2022.  If Miami wins 4 or fewer games he & the GM will be out on the street.  

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

Taking the wrong QB in the 1st round is extremely costly.  It usually means the coach loses his job.  The team that makes the right choice usually goes on to be a Super Bowl contender while the team making the wrong choice ends up in contention for a top 10 draft choice.  There are a lot of examples where a team picked a QB in the 1st round & the team that picked the next available QB got the franchise QB while the 1st team drafted a mediocrity or a bust.  The two you mentioned are prime examples.  The LAC are way ahead of Miami & the Bills are on a different planet than the grounded Jets.  Add Chicago to the scrap heap (the team owned by Aaron Rodgers) who picked our own Mitch Trubisky & the next QB taken in that draft was KC's Mahomes.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.