Does anybody want to tell me again how good Flores is?

eball

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

True but with all the players they traded away and how their season started people didn't think they'd get a win at all let alone 5.

People were wrong. The team wasn't as bad as everyone thought.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Has anyone from the Belichick coaching tree been any good?

Mangini, Vrabel, Jim Schwartz, and Bill O’Brien as the only former Belichick coaches or players to make the playoffs as a head coach with Vrabel likely the best as Vrabel and O’Brien as the only Belichick disciples to have a .500 record or better and Matt Patricia, Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss the biggest washouts...pending current NYG season another head may roll

Flores is 4-2 against BB thus far...the choice of Tua is going to drive his success or failure, personally I would have passed on Tua...but as a Bills fan am glad they took him

Edited by First Round Bust

1 hour ago, eball said:

This is hilarious. Since doing an “amazing” job his first year in Miami this guy has to be considered one of the worst head coaches in the league. I’ve posted many times before about how badly he botched Tua’s first year and how he had his team completely unprepared in last year’s finale, but the embarrassment of losing to the Jags takes the cake. Flores sucks and eff the Fish. 

I was one of those guys at the end of his first year, eball, and I. Got. Nothing.

Crazy…This is THE worst team in the AFC.

Good point, but I feel the same about the Dolphins and the Jets. They don’t even register enough on my radar for me to care. Nothing that franchise has done in years scares me as a Bills fan. The Fish haven’t been in our way since the 90’s. Until they prove otherwise, I see our biggest competition as being teams outside the AFC East. 

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

McD went 6-10 in year 2. Unless Flores has lost the locker room he will be back.

Flores is in year 3 and the Dolphins have regressed since year 2. McDermott went from 6-10 to 10-6 in year 3 (really 11-5 because we benched everyone the final week against the Jets). McDermott also broke a 17 year playoff drought his first year. And that meant something even if he and team stumbled ass backwards into the playoffs to do so.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

5-11 was an amazing job?

10-6 in year 2 was good.........this year has been very bad.

What the Dolphins are is proof that piling up draft picks doesn't necessarily equate to making your team better in the future.

If they pick Justin Herbert instead of Tuna then Flores looks a lot better right now, IMO..........fortunately, they did not. :thumbsup:

I guess you could say that was good but I think it actually was a blown opportunity season just as much good. Some of the decisions made that more than likely cost them possibly 2 wins. We can't know how it would have played out, but I feel fairly certain they would have made playoffs if Fitz wasn't benched for Tua

And thought I read some where Flores and the GM (I think it was) had some issues or whatnot. Idk....he hasn't done anything yet to be considered a "good" coach imo

15 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Today’s game aside with the Chargers/Ravens, can you imagine the Suicidal ideations the Fins fans must have for not taking Herbert.

A lot of Dolphins fans have convinced themselves Herbert would not be any better than Tua if he was playing on that offense. Delusional. Tua is not the only problem on that team but he is still a problem.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.