Bills RB Duo ranks 4th. According to NFL.com

CircleTheWagons99

Yup, we got two good RBs they both have the occasional drop or fumble, but fourth ain’t so bad, they are a sold. 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Only duo in the top five with both players on rookie contracts.  We're set at least through next season where Beane will then have to draft another one in the mid rounds after Singletary's contract is up.

For anyone surprised (granted this includes all running including Allen), we are ranked 5th in the NFL in rushing TD so far.  Higher than passing (9th).  I love our rookie guys not because they are King Henry, but it’s working this year.  I do think we will draft another by the time Singletary is up for a contract extension.  It’s a waste to spend high $ these days on a RB.  Just draft another guy in the 2023 draft. 

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I like the Moss and Singletary duo, glad they are on the team.  But they are not 4th best in the NFL. 

Derrick Henry + almost anyone is better, as is Jones and Dillon in GB, and neither of them are in the Top 5. 

Tenn is ranked 3rd in Rushing after Cleveland and Dallas, Tannehill is their second leading rusher after Henry.  Bills second leading rusher wears #17 actually ahead of Moss.  Baltimore is ranked 4th, just ahead of the Bills, Jackson has more rushing yards than their next two backs.

I think we've 100% had the right approach with the running back room ever since we let Shady go.

Draft multiple guys with decent skill sets in the middle rounds - complement with vets with specific skill sets as needed

Never overpay or give a second contract to a RB ever again

Lather, rinse, and repeat

Moss is a different guy this year. He is a tough downhill runner in the mold of Chubb and Zeke. He's a load on screens and underneath throws and he will get short yardage touchdowns. Singletary is a shifty back who will be a good change of pace and complimentary runner, but in 4 minute,kill the clock scenarios, it's Moss.

Moss is the better back in my opinion but Singletary is not a bad complement. Good to have two young backs on rookie deals. 

1 hour ago, motorj said:

Unless you can find a henry, this duo is just about as good as you can get

Hard not to think the team is good enough at RB. Elite play at RB is going to cost cap or draft capital that the team needs to spend elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They’ve gotten better and deserve to be top 12 or so but top 4th?  Meh.  I disagree 

I don't know exactly how many stats goes into this particular ranking, but they very well could be around 4th or 5th. Quite a few big runs by both RB's couple times and only week 5.

In any event, running game has improved quite noticeably thus far.

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't know exactly how many stats goes into this particular ranking, but they very well could be around 4th or 5th. Quite a few big runs by both RB's couple times and only week 5.

In any event, running game has improved quite noticeably thus far.

I don’t know if there are any statistics involved. I believe It’s just one guys opinion. The bills are the best team in football.  People include you in their lists when you’re on the best team in football.  

Moss is only averaging 4 ypc while allen is averaging 5.4, even more than singletarys robust 5.2.

I maybe top 12 isn’t giving them enough credit though.  Top 7-8 based on some of the injuries

On 10/14/2021 at 11:39 PM, JGMcD2 said:

This can’t be accurate? 

......The Bills are averaging 140.4 rush yards per contest (fifth in the NFL) and their young running backs have provided some much-needed balance to Brian Daboll's unit.....

Article states this, without mentioning Josh is 37. 6 yards per game of that total. Zach and Devin are definitely a top 5 RB tandem, if you give them credit for Josh rushing skills. 

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t know if there are any statistics involved. I believe It’s just one guys opinion. The bills are the best team in football.  People include you in their lists when you’re on the best team in football.  

Moss is only averaging 4 ypc while allen is averaging 5.4, even more than singletarys robust 5.2.

I maybe top 12 isn’t giving them enough credit though.  Top 7-8 based on some of the injuries

That's sounds not far off either. As for the ypc I would factor in a couple things, First I feel like you would agree Singletary at 5.2 is pretty good. As for Moss at 4 (which isn't bad) he gets more short yardage carries which factors to a degree, but he has busted some runs for big yardage too and also a bulldozer. 

Finally Allen at 5.4.....actually for me isn't surprising due to when he takes off he at many times will get good chuck yardage.

Overall though, I'm thrilled with the improvement of the running game and it's just what we all wanted to see.

• Agree 1

Singletary had a hurdle in the KC game right up the middle where he got higher than Allen did vs the CB and it didnt even register a beep on the radar. Trust me I understand why but crazy none the less.

Time Stamp is at 6:08 but the video should start from there

Edited by Protocal69

10 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Singletary had a hurdle in the KC game right up the middle where he got higher than Allen did vs the CB and it didnt even register a beep on the radar. Trust me I understand why but crazy none the less.

Time Stamp is at 6:08 but the video should start from there

Well damn, I really don't remember that ply. Must have happened while I was at the pisser. Anyway, I'm not sure I agree he was higher than Allen, To me looking at this particular clip of DS jumping the defender compared to that Josh clip, looks bout the same to me. Not that it matters at all really, just commenting on your statement. 

If anything the Allen clip if any at all looks like he got the higher hurdle. Don't know if it's because of the closer view, or maybe since he's much taller. But anyways, 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

They must work on their receiving.

Especially Motor

I don't recall Motor dropping anything yet so far? Not 100% on that, but I do remember Moss dropped what looked to be an easy catch that hit him in the hands near his chest. Was against the Chiefs actually...

I'm not worried about that though, or Motor. neither of them have dropped nearly enough to be concerned about imo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.