We’re on to Tennessee…

eball

54 minutes ago, Process said:

When do we start the weather thread?

Check with Yolo. It may have already begun.

jk. But reality is we’ve played in 4 crappy weather games already and it’s only Columbus Day. I’d like to get at least a couple beautiful game days in before ‘the Winds of November are a Raider’.

3 hours ago, eball said:

…and the best thing about this game being played next week is that there is no chance of a letdown. The Bills were embarrassed by the Titans last year; the redemption tour of 2021 continues!

That's what i was thinking too.  KC and Tenn back to back.  Very rare that the recent Buffalo Bills has the revenge factor in both games.  So on to Tennessee.  I think we pay the Titans back for that embarrassment last year.  Then I can see a bit of a letdown after the bye week....maybe not losses, but emotional letdowns compared to KC and Tenn.

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Also, if we were to lose this game it would be way too obnoxious around here with the "fire Daboll" threads getting bumped for more than just one week!

If we beat the Titans and the fall to 3-3 we will still not have beaten a team with a winning record. 

If we lose To the Titans we will be 0-1 against winning teams this season. Paper tigers. 

1 hour ago, Jeffbigalls said:

Another double digit win, Bills will finish 15-2

Barring anything bad happening and if they beat Tampa Bay 16-1

So…if they do that and beat Tampa, they will be the 3rd team ever to win 16 consecutive regular season games. 

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Last year Bills were missing both starting DBs iirc

And Edmunds and Milano I believe also. Also Allen will not be wearing a shoulder harness which affected his accuracy.

Edited by Big Turk

For me, it will be interesting to see how the Bills Defense responds to the Titans because they're a very different team on Offense than the Chiefs - of course! - so with two very different teams in back-to-back weeks, I'll want to see the Defensive game plan. Last year Edmunds, Milano and Josh were all dealing with injuries and Feliciano had just come back from his pectoral IR stint. 

Henry is an absolute L-O-A-D between his height, weight, power and speed and focusing on that part of their Offense is obviously crucial to keeping that Offense in check. Much, much easier said than done to be accomplished for 60 minutes. For him, it's really about getting to him very quickly at the line of scrimmage and not allowing him to gain momentum which plays to his strengths. Additionally, with Brown and Julio as WRs, the Titans' receiving tandem is no slouch, but I do think Tannehill is subject to pressure if the DBs can cover those two talented WRs adequately. 

All in all, it's a very winnable game for the Bills but as always, the NFL is a "Any Given Sunday (or Monday Night)" type of league and there are some really talented players on Titans' Offense. Their Defense on the other hand is subject to some deficiencies and I think we've seen that over the last couple seasons. 

3 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

No one should get too cocky about this game.  This should be a tough game and another good test.  I think this one's going to be a lot closer than the KC game if Henry gets going....

Henry can be shut down. The Jets proved that. I think they’ll be using the Jets game as a blueprint of some sorts on how they stopped Henry. If we contain Henry and force them to win the game based off Tannehill’s arm that’s when that offense will crack. I think everyone in the Titans organization knows that Tannehill is nothing more than a game manager

4 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Titans are severely banged up but they also were last year due to COVID and smacked us in the mouth.

I can’t see the Bills having a let down though because they have the bye right after this game. They also have to be looking at this as an opportunity to go on a huge run. The Bills after the Titans have Miami with Brissett/Tua at home, Jax, Jets and the toughest game in that stretch is the Colts 

So were the Bills last year. Both starting corners out and Allen was playing with a shoulder brace. Add the COVID-19 delay nonsense. 

I think I might go to this game. Never been to Tennessee and I need a few days off from work. 

4 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

The Bills have opened as an early 3.5 point favorite. If the game were in Orchard Park, they'd be almost a touchdown favorite.

Wouldn’t it be over a TD? At TEN - 3.5, neutral field - 6.5 (taking away the Titans 3 pt home field advantage), at BUF 9.5. Always thought thats how it works.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.