Who’s going to KC this weekend?

NewEra

My buddy and I arrive Saturday night 8 pm and fly out Monday @9pm.  We have an apartment in P&L and will be looking for some debauchery. My boy is going through a divorce and needs to blow off some steam.  What’s going on this weekend in KC?

Who’s making the trip?  

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

My buddy and I arrive Saturday night 8 pm and fly out Monday @9pm.  We have an apartment in P&L and will be looking for some debauchery. My boy is going through a divorce and needs to blow off some steam.  What’s going on this weekend in KC?

Who’s making the trip?  

Have fun!  I'm not heading out to this one...having about 15 people over and putting up a big screen in the backyard to project the game.  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

I will be there. I live in Omaha, so I'm making the drive. If your looking for some bbq while you're there I recommend q39 or Joe's their both fantastic.

Nice to see other bills fans are making the trip.

Great.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I was wondering how we'd fine a good BBQ place.  

5 hours ago, DJB said:

I'm going and I'm going to throw rats holding dildos on the field near Mahomes. 

You are a total bad azs!

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, chris heff said:

Had a friend that traveled a lot for business, I asked what his favorite city was. He said Kansas City, I asked why? He replied that because if he’s in his hotel room eating room service he knows he’s not missing anything.

Last time I went to KC we had a blast. Went to P&L, met a group of locals who brought us to a local bar in the burbs. We had a blast.

You can miss something in every city of you aren’t a turd

KC is a great place to see a Bills away game.  I have done it twice and had a blast both times (1 Bills loss, 1 Bills win).  Many of the Chiefs fans boo'd us playfully at first, then invited us over to their tailgates and fed us until we practically burst.  We received commendations for traveling so far to support our team.  I lived in KC for a year - these people take their official family photos in Chiefs gear I kid you not - so they respect good fandom.  During one year's tailgate we unwittingly found ourselves in the middle of a pre-game Native American war chant where fully dressed War Chiefs in full headress sang and pounded drums in a circle around us, culminating in a large poof of smoke and they were all gone!  It was a very cool experience (even if Peerless Price did drop that pass late in the game I'm sure due to this hex!)

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, coloradobillsfan said:

KC is a great place to see a Bills away game.  I have done it twice and had a blast both times (1 Bills loss, 1 Bills win).  Many of the Chiefs fans boo'd us playfully at first, then invited us over to their tailgates and fed us until we practically burst.  We received commendations for traveling so far to support our team.  I lived in KC for a year - these people take their official family photos in Chiefs gear I kid you not - so they respect good fandom.  During one year's tailgate we unwittingly found ourselves in the middle of a pre-game Native American war chant where fully dressed War Chiefs in full headress sang and pounded drums in a circle around us, culminating in a large poof of smoke and they were all gone!  It was a very cool experience (even if Peerless Price did drop that pass late in the game I'm sure due to this hex!)

I was there in 2000 with the Colorado Bills Boosters.  Had a great time marching through the tailgating parties.

KC fans were pretty cool to us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I was there in 2000 with the Colorado Bills Boosters.  Had a great time marching through the tailgating parties.

KC fans were pretty cool to us.

And I even forgot to mention the smells - sweet wood smoke in every direction. We were there the first year they started opening the lots only 4 hours before kickoff.  These crazies were firing up their barbecues in the back of their flatbed pickup trucks while in traffic on the way in!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

nice “Oklahoma” reference— one of my favorite songs in that musical! 

Great song!   I remember going to see Oklahoma! when I was about seven.   Loved it. 

I still make up alternate lyrics to the title song when I run across a word that fits.    Joshie Allen! with an arm like no one ever had, Joshie Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Wish we had made the decision to go.  
a stadium that I do want to go to

Agreed, that is in my top 5 yet to see. I wish I had made the effort to make this one happen. Live and learn…..

I want to see it partly because  they kind of feel like “us” and I respect that. Bare bones stadium, serious fans with serious tailgates. I’d rather see a Chiefs game than attend a game in Dallas. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Let me check flights.

Okay.  I can get round trip flights for $180ish.  Tickets for the game will be around $200.

I may do this.  Anyone else here spontaneous and want to join me?

Far less than I would have expected for both. I must say, the car rental and hotel add up fast, but even then the experience would last a lifetime while money comes and goes. Experiences > Things. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am thinking about bringing my 6 year old to the Monday Nighter at TN.

There you go….EXPERIENCES! Get a fake ID and have a blast! I’m sure it would be the stuff of legend here on TBD! Shots on me!   :)

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PJBrown7 said:

I’m having surgery Monday morning (knee replacement) so no for me. I’m in Nashville so I’ll be watching next weeks game from the recliner with ice on the knee (and in my glass!). I did get to Miami though so all good. Go Bills!!!

Good luck with your recovery

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

And I even forgot to mention the smells - sweet wood smoke in every direction. We were there the first year they started opening the lots only 4 hours before kickoff.  These crazies were firing up their barbecues in the back of their flatbed pickup trucks while in traffic on the way in!  

I’m surprised that you’re impressed by this. Everything you have described about a KC game is what a Bills game already is.

Have you never been to a home Bills game?

20 hours ago, coloradobillsfan said:

17 hours ago, Einstein said:

I’m surprised that you’re impressed by this. Everything you have described about a KC game is what a Bills game already is.

Have you never been to a home Bills game?

I am impressed! Get the smoker going in the truck on the way in? I LOVE it! I’ve been to plenty of Bills games, but I’ve never actually seen THAT. I respect the Chief’s fans, just like I LOVE our Bills fans. It doesn’t have to be one or the other, I can appreciate both crowds. I just hope and pray the Chiefs fans can come to grips after a loss Sunday night. 

KC is a bucket list game for me. It’s not a Bills home game, but I respect their traditions and I’d love to see it some day. 

EDIT: Don’t official Bills lots open only 4 hours before the game, at 9:00am? Some private lots open much earlier, of course, allowing for more elaborate festivities. Driving around with your smoker going in the back of your truck sounds almost as unwise as jumping off the top of an RV onto a table of fire.  Just sayin’…….   🤷‍♀️

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Agreed, that is in my top 5 yet to see. I wish I had made the effort to make this one happen. Live and learn…..

I want to see it partly because  they kind of feel like “us” and I respect that. Bare bones stadium, serious fans with serious tailgates. I’d rather see a Chiefs game than attend a game in Dallas. 

It’s not too late!  You can sleep on the couch!

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I used to feel the same way. Chiefs fans did indeed remind me of us.

But now? Pfft. No way. They’ve turned into Patriot fans. Obnoxious. Arrogant.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

I used to feel the same way. Chiefs fans did indeed remind me of us.

But now? Pfft. No way. They’ve turned into Patriot fans. Obnoxious. Arrogant.

Just wait til we win a super bowl and go to 3 straight AFCCGs. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.