Will the Bills find a way to contain Kelce, Hill and Mahomes next week?

TAinLack.

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

interesting.  at least Milano’s replacement Klein appears to be a good blitzer. I think I’ve seen him kn a few delayed blitzes also

we have to okay more physical, period, both on offense at OL and the WR’s releasing, as well as hitting their WR/TE’s to throw off timing. 

I don’t know that we should blitz Mahomes too much, but if Milano can’t go.. might be a good idea to play some cat and mouse with Klein as a pass rusher and then rush him, drop Rousseau and vice versa. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Probably not.   Especially without Milano. 

Likely need to do what they failed to do in the title game, run the ball successfully, as bills still have no answer for Chiefs front 4.   Limit each other's possessions, try to keep the score close in the high 20's.   If it turns into a shootout, the Bills O Line will get run over (again) .  

I hear where you are coming from, but if we play game where we "try to keep the score down" we will get killed.

We need to play the way Philly played in their recent SB---taking home run swings and going for it all over the place, all game long.

McDermott did NOT coach that way last year in either of our 2 undressings.

here are my keys:

1) they need to blast Kelce at the LOS. They stupidly gave him a free release last year just about every time. Some teams that have done a good job on Kelce even have a DE just sit there and clobber him at the line. Go put groot in front of him to knock Him around. 

2) I would then put Taron out there to cover Kelce. I don’t think Milano will play, and Taron may be a better option anyway.

3)  The front 4 have to generate pressure. You can’t blitz Mahomes.

4) you have to double And bracket Hill a lot. 

if we do all of that, then the chiefs probably still score like 20+ points! 

• Like (+1) 1

No big plays.  Make them work.  Mahomes will turn it over.  It isn't September anymore.   

Score a TD every drive.

Be more effective running the ball - as we've been to start the season.     

Don't worry about killing clock ever until victory formation or its like Atlanta v New England in the SB.  Maybe a few more run plays then what they did.  

• Like (+1) 1

Frank Clark disinterested in playing ball.  His own fans are besides themselves how bad he is playing.  After four games you can start to look at mini trends.  We are the #1 scoring defense, they are 31st, and we are tied for pts scored in four games. Skewed as they’ve played better opponents, but this game is winnable.

Our run game is 5th and that wasn’t the case last year, and Knox didn’t play last year in the regular season.  He has taken a big step forward.  We need TE and RB play and a four man rush, and early signs are that we have made improvements there.

Im not overlooking them, but I’m not afraid of them either.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Frank Clark disinterested in playing ball.  His own fans are besides themselves how bad he is playing.  After four games you can start to look at mini trends.  We are the #1 scoring defense, they are 31st, and we are tied for pts scored in four games. Skewed as they’ve played better opponents, but this game is winnable.

Frank Clark has been injured and didn't play the last two weeks.

But yes, this game is winnable.  Our defense has improved and theirs has taken a step back.  Just comes down to whether Josh can stay cool and play a good game.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I don’t know that we should blitz Mahomes too much, but if Milano can’t go.. might be a good idea to play some cat and mouse with Klein as a pass rusher and then rush him, drop Rousseau and vice versa. 

Sounds like a good tactic in that Klein played great last year in that role and Rousseau is fast enough to pick up backs on dumpoffs and screens. 

14 hours ago, Magox said:

They have to try to not let Kelce get a free release and chip him to try to disrupt the timing of his routes.  Kelce and Hill made it look way too easy last game and they need to somehow pay extra attention to those two guys.  

This is a game for Ed Oliver to make a difference.  The inside pressure and containment of the edges is going to be key how the pass rush is going to get to Mahomes.  This game will be decided by the coaching staff...

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Probably not.   Especially without Milano. 

Likely need to do what they failed to do in the title game, run the ball successfully, as bills still have no answer for Chiefs front 4.   Limit each other's possessions, try to keep the score close in the high 20's.   If it turns into a shootout, the Bills O Line will get run over (again) .  

I love your enthusiasm for the Bills, your every post just bubbles over with optimism. 

If it doesn't involve hitting Kelce off the line of scrimmage and being physical with their WR's we have zero chance. The game plan we had in the playoffs where we played soft and hoped to hold them to FG's was worse than the Game 5 plan of lets make them run the ball all game.

On offense, the Chiefs are gonna run the same gameplan. Get physical with our smaller WR's and hope they don't get flagged and throw Allens timing off in the passing game while allowing their pass rush to get there.

My thought process for our offense is a combination off passing to our TE's and RB's and allowing Allen to be a runner for this game. Allen is such a weapon and KC will be in a lot of physical man to man up in the Bills WR's faces. That should open up plenty of running opportunities for our QB in this game to gain chunk yardage.

People are saying have White take Hill 1on1? That's crazy. Hill would blow right past White. 

White should be put on Kelce and the Bills should blanket Hill and prevent deep shots. Make Mahomes and Reid run the ball and see if CEH can beat you. The key is going to be the offense. If the Bills can score and keep pressure on the Chiefs then the Chiefs will start throwing into coverage

• Agree 1

I think we should do everything in our power to take Hill out of the game.  Kelce is likely going to have a monster game unless Edmunds has himself another amazing game.  

This KC defense is ripe for the picking.  They’re giving up a leagues 2nd worst 31+ppg and a league 2nd worst 437 yards per game.  Their defense has been trash this season.   We have a god under center. He should be able to take them to the woodshed if Daboll doesn’t get too cute.  🙏🏻

Edited by NewEra