10/3/21 Gameday Bills vs. Texans Postgame Thread

4 hours ago, Muppy said:

there must be someone next man up...let yer qb flounder out there he was pretty bad. I mean its debatable and I didnt debate this previously *shrug*

I believe if Mills were to have gotten hurt, Houston would have had to use an emergency QB, someone who primarily plays a different position, but may have been a QB in a previous lifetime.  Dawson Knox played QB in high school, so he could probably take snaps there in an emergency, but Buffalo sure wouldn't want to have to depend on him as a QB.  For Houston, Deshaun Watson is on the Texans roster, but has not practiced and refuses to play for Houston, so they can't put him in.  Whenn he's healthy, Tyrod Taylor is the only other QB available to the Texans.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

I believe if Mills were to have gotten hurt, Houston would have had to use an emergency QB, someone who primarily plays a different position, but may have been a QB in a previous lifetime.  Dawson Knox played QB in high school, so he could probably take snaps there in an emergency, but Buffalo sure wouldn't want to have to depend on him as a QB.  For Houston, Deshaun Watson is on the Texans roster, but has not practiced and refuses to play for Houston, so they can't put him in.  Whenn he's healthy, Tyrod Taylor is the only other QB available to the Texans.

or just play Jeff Driskel who is in fact a QB. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

They can put Watson in. If Watson refused the Texans would go after his signing bonus immediately and also suspend him without pay.

Just now, Warcodered said:

He wasn't active he couldn't play.

I understand that. I should have been more clear. I was speaking overall. If the Texans told Watson to get to practice and start being their QB again, he’d have no choice but to do so or otherwise face those issues I spoke of.

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

One of the best things to happen today was the red zone struggles. It caused them to alter their playcalling and use Josh’s legs more and the RPO’s.

Something that was great to

improve on as the game progressed and to build on for next week.

Yep totally agree. The offense was night and day from the first half to the second. Love to see the adjustments and the team rebounding to complete the beat down.  Look forward to finding out what they’re made of next week at Arrowhead. 

2 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

Was watching the Pitt Green Bay game, with just over 2:00 to go was 3rd and around 5 for Green Bay, a 1st down for Green Bay would basically end any remote chance for Pitt.

Rodgers scrambles around and slides feet first, giving himself up for about a 2 yard loss now making it 4th and 7 and forcing them to punt.   Watching it, he likely could have gained a few more yards, who knows maybe even break a tackle for a 1st down, but instead he went down, didn't want to take any chances with getting hit.

If that were Allen, no way that happens.  Granted there are risks in what Allen does, but that would be the time to press things as a 1st down ends the game.  Admittedly was still a low chance for Pitt to comeback, but still Rodgers took the soft way out on the play.  Guess he didn't want to take any chances on missing a State Farm commercial.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bimmer323i said:

Man I hope we crush those mother ####### and shut that d face up once and for all….

Agree.

However, and as I mentioned previously, the current/woke phrasing for mother###### is "birthing person shaggers".

Thank you, thank you very much. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Yes, and he’s NOT cheap. Gotta pay Josh? Well, he’s enjoyed a vet center as a young QB but maybe now we can only afford a younger, cheaper version? 

Yes and he plays for Iowa 

trust me if there is anything I know it is the Big Ten 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes and he plays for Iowa 

trust me if there is anything I know it is the Big Ten 

I can see 2 of our top 4 picks being interior OL. Sure, it depends upon how this season goes and how the draft falls, but we need to get younger, cheaper and better up the middle. Not flashy picks, but winning sure is fun! 

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Was watching the Pitt Green Bay game, with just over 2:00 to go was 3rd and around 5 for Green Bay, a 1st down for Green Bay would basically end any remote chance for Pitt.

Rodgers scrambles around and slides feet first, giving himself up for about a 2 yard loss now making it 4th and 7 and forcing them to punt.   Watching it, he likely could have gained a few more yards, who knows maybe even break a tackle for a 1st down, but instead he went down, didn't want to take any chances with getting hit.

If that were Allen, no way that happens.  Granted there are risks in what Allen does, but that would be the time to press things as a 1st down ends the game.  Admittedly was still a low chance for Pitt to comeback, but still Rodgers took the soft way out on the play.  Guess he didn't want to take any chances on missing a State Farm commercial.

i hear what you are saying, but when I saw that play, I thought it was smart. Rodgers is a 38-year old QB. He tries to Be very cautious now with the hits and using his legs.  I think 10 Years ago, it would probably be a different story. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

The guy’s pushing 40, and he’s broken his collarbone twice like that. Dude knows they have a playoff team if he’s healthy…. No need to risk a super bowl run for an out of conference game that won’t influence playoff standing much when you’re in a division with the Bears, Lions, and Vikings. Particularly when you’re up two scores against a pigeon armed QB that’s turned the ball over twice. 

We’d all be livid as heck right now if Allen had suffered a season ending injury against an NFC opponent running for a first down while up two scores. Additionally, when J Allen is 38 would you rather have him playing like Rodgers & Brady…. or Roethlisberger? All those hits and tough man play adds up over the years. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Buffalo Junction
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Too bad they can’t handle Tannehill suddenly. 

Pretty sure the D was fairly injured going into that farce of a game.  McD didnt even know if we were going to play them or the Chiefs and had to prepare for both.

9 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Tim Hortons is a Canadian thing. Dunkin’ Donuts is more WNY. 

I work for a company that is owned by Canadians.  They come down here all the time and all say Tim Hortons taste like cat piss when I ask them why they got coffee somewhere else.  Yes, I know Tim Hortons started in Canada.

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Bills have a +90 point differential going into week 5 that's obscene.

NFL Research: The Bills are the seventh team in the Super Bowl era to shutout two opponents by 35+ points in a season (joining the 1961 49ers as the only team to do so in their first four games). Another notable team to accomplish this feat? The Super Bowl-winning '85 Bears.

7 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Such a good kicker.

He has a chance to be really special in this league.

Yes, he’s very good. But damn near every team has a very good kicker. So many are “really special” that none are.

6 hours ago, eball said:

Today wasn’t huge anything.  McD has always played the players who earn it during the week.  Just because YOU don’t see what goes on during the week doesn’t mean you know jack schitttt.  Ford struggled mightily last week.  They made a change.  It’s nothing out of the ordinary and nothing we shouldn’t expect.

I’m pretty sick and tired of the armchair know-it-alls who really know NOTHING about what happens each week and base all of their opinions on the 3 hours they spend drooling in front of the TV each Sunday.

I getcha E. It’s the same pandemic whether they’re Gen Y or Zers. They’re convinced they know everything, will tell you so matter of factly, then cry like the sniveling little Bword they really are when they’re righteously slapped upside the head that they’re being mistreated.

We have a boatload of these type here and it foretells a nightmarish future.

5 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

Now you’re talking My era! 2X AFL Champs!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, balln said:

well see. its great theyre crushing these teams. but tua/brissett, heinick, and mills arent going to tell me anything about this team.

all about next two weeks

it tells you plenty. Just not everything.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Beast said:

They can put Watson in. If Watson refused the Texans would go after his signing bonus immediately and also suspend him without pay.

Good luck signing any future free agents with that move.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

When it comes to offense, I  agree.  Josh had a shade under 250 yards, a very nice day, but it's not going to raise too many eyebrows.  The run game was quite a bit more productive than is typical in this day and age, but it was the result of a rotation rather than one dominant running back.   Buffalo did, however, have a huge day on defense.  Granted it was against  a rookie QB, and not one what enjoyed any hype coming out of college.  Still, in some ways it was historically good.  One of those elements was takeaways.  I would guess that after this week, Buffalo will be in the lead or very close to it in turnover ratio.  

They ran the ball for 200 yards. It only showed 199 because of Trubisky’s kneel downs. I would rather have this balanced version of the offense than josh throwing for 450. Defenses now have to account for Josh’s arm, Josh’s legs, the running game, the WRs, and a legit TE. And now that Spencer brown is starting, he’s a 6’8 red zone threat In the passing game 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

NFL Research: The Bills are the seventh team in the Super Bowl era to shutout two opponents by 35+ points in a season (joining the 1961 49ers as the only team to do so in their first four games). Another notable team to accomplish this feat? The Super Bowl-winning '85 Bears.

As long as the Bills don't record a video of the Super Bowl Shuffle II.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don't you mean Tubisky's kneel downs?