Zack Moss crazy statistic…

Dr.Sack

I would have rather have had JK Dobbins in the second round and then go DL in the 3rd round.  

Moss looks faster than he did last year.  He is a tough runner. 

I know it is RB by committee in 2021 and has been for a while, but how I miss the great dual threat RB's.  Thurman, Tomlinson, Faulk, hell even Edgerrin James was a great dual threat guy.  Just watched 1991 MVP season for Thurman on YouTube.  He could do everything.  A RB like these guys and a capable TE in Knox and this offense is unstoppable.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I would have rather have had JK Dobbins in the second round and then go DL in the 3rd round.  

I know it is RB by committee in 2021 and has been for a while, but how I miss the great dual threat RB's.  Thurman, Tomlinson, Faulk, hell even Edgerrin James was a great dual threat guy.  Just watched 1991 MVP season for Thurman on YouTube.  He could do everything.  A RB like these guys and a capable TE in Knox and this offense is unstoppable.  

Do you know how hard it is to get a running back of this caliber? 

Hall of Fame backs just don't grow on trees

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You are mixing era's.

There aren't many(if any) RB's that can produce like that for long periods because those kind of athletes don't play RB anymore.........it's a devalued  position so those guys play defense or WR now because that's where the money is.    There also wasn't the same "middle class" of receiving TE's that there are now in the days of the superstar, long career RB's.   

• Agree 4

23 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Do you know how hard it is to get a running back of this caliber? 

Hall of Fame backs just don't grow on trees

Not only that but when you have QB's who can throw for 8.0 yards per attempt...........handing it off to a top RB for 5 yards per attempt is a much less productive play.   And as good as a guy like Alvin Kamara can be out of the backfield..........he is a career 8 yards per reception guy.    Better off throwing it to the dink/dunk slot receiver like Cole Beasley who will average 10+ if you don't want to push it down the field for REAL yardage.

The running game has it's place but it's no substitute for a good passing game in today's NFL.

• Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Small sample size - but the Bills are 14-2 when this guy plays.

Loved drafting him to compliment with Singletary, just like Rousseau & Basham were paired. Depth is key. McBeane knows. Trust the process. 

I've maintained since we drafted Singletary and Moss, they are NFL quality. That sure wasn't a bragging game for Singletary but 

I really think most of the plays they are calling for him are weak and not executed well besides. They are very often telegraphed and look clutzy, etc. Speaking of Thurman, I wonder if our line could run the counter trey effectively? I think Devin is very similar to Thurman and should be able to run similar plays effectively.

Moss sure had himself a couple two weeks didn't he? He really has looked very impressive but don't rule out Singletary remaining as an option in this offense. And Bills fans, forget about the Bills drafting a RB high. It is going to be linemen for the foreseeable future. Aside from linemen look for receivers and outside CBs as higher options....

Next year's picks are going to be (if BPA matches up): DT first, C/G second, Receiver (TE/WR) third. CB fourth. CB May be higher if we lose both Wallace and TJ...... (man, that would suck). If we lose both ....DT, CB, C/G, CB again. I'm thinking the Bills go on a youth movement next year and retire Star, Jerry and Mario making DT a big need....

It'll be interesting to see if Beane can get ED and Tremaine to resign with us at lower rates. I don't think either is a top NFL player but both are young and more than adequate..... I think the Bills are afraid of FAs more or less and want to stay with these guys but you never know. Upgrades would sure be exciting and interesting. Tremaine is a controversial BB for good reason. Though I really like his huge size in the back seven. Just wish he was in on way more plays and made more initial plays and big plays.

I guess my point was I don't see RB as a high draft selection till Singletary is no longer a Bill because Linemen, Receivers And cornerbacks are just much higher needs on this team.

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not only that but when you have QB's who can throw for 8.0 yards per attempt...........handing it off to a top RB for 5 yards per attempt is a much less productive play.   And as good as a guy like Alvin Kamara can be out of the backfield..........he is a career 8 yards per reception guy.    Better off throwing it to the dink/dunk slot receiver like Cole Beasley who will average 10+ if you don't want to push it down the field for REAL yardage.

The running game has it's place but it's no substitute for a good passing game in today's NFL.

Especially if you have that extremely rare QB that can make all the throws even in poor conditions like we are currently blessed with. Both Beasley and Sanders are old and both are very key players to our system. We will be drafting receivers over RBs higher for the foreseeable future. Singletary and Moss both excel in one RB quality; pass blocking. That is no coincidence. 

Devin and Zach are both underrated as all around players besides. I'm telling you, this offense is designed to do what Josh Allen is good at, the are few other considerations. Hopefully, Brian gets the time to draw up some plays that Devin can excel at and our OL can execute but that stuff is tertiary at best in our offense. It's all about making Josh comfortable and happy taking advantage of his massive skill set. Maybe as Josh continues to improve he can do things to help running backs more. Things like taking snaps from under center and passing from it better. Or play play-action passes. These plays would help the run game.

• Like (+1) 1

What's the Bills record without Moss, if you have it handy?

Moss is a good short yardage back and good in pass protection. I just think this offense is designed to move through Josh Allen and the receivers. Running backs and TE's are going to take a back seat, but it's good to have some guys who can take advantage of limited touches.

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I wanted Dobbins too, but which DL in rd 3?  I think Beane nailed it with Epenesa. DE over RB all day every day. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You mean the same Dobbins that is out for the year

• Like (+1) 2

But then we inactivated him week 1 in favor of guys that only play special teams….and then lost the game because of special teams.

Special teams is cool and all and it is important. But nowhere near as important as offense or defense. And the truth is it’s a lot easier to find gunners or a guy that block on a return, then it is to find a playmaker on offense. There has been so little to complain about during this recent era of Bills football but game day inactives (particularly in relation to improper weighting of STs importance) is one for sure.

4 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Small sample size - but the Bills are 14-2 when this guy plays.

Loved drafting him to compliment with Singletary, just like Rousseau & Basham were paired. Depth is key. McBeane knows. Trust the process. 

How long do you think he's been on the team?  Hint, we went 15-4 last year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I am a big JK Dobbins fan but in an offense like ours which will always, and should always, be pass first his value is more limited than a pass rusher. If Epenesa continues to develop and becomes a genuine contributor from the edge then nobody will wish we had a running back instead. 

• Like (+1) 3

One ancillary point to this conversation, Breida is quickly becoming irrelevant. I was not impressed with the signing, and he has done nothing to prove he belongs (there is a reason this is his third team in 3 years).

I think once Marquez Stevenson returns, he is gone. (Is that this week?)

RB’s can only take you so far in the 2021 NFL.  The Ravens last year were #1 in rushing and #32 in passing.  They won one playoff game finally and scored a whopping 3 pts against us.  My point is as Barolo pointed out is Defensive line pressure, And incredible WR play when you have an amazing talent in Josh is the priority.  So far GROOT and this year AJ have shown along with Gabe the benefits.  We haven’t seen nearly enough in Boggie to make any speculations.

Taking 3rd round RB’s is a smart

move over two years.  I like Motor and Moss.  In four years they may or

may not be extended.  It’s just the NFL way.   Do you think Jerrah regrets giving all that $ to Zeke?  He’s already been somewhat supplanted by a younger guy.