Zack Moss crazy statistic…

Dr.Sack

40 minutes ago, CSBill said:

One ancillary point to this conversation, Breida is quickly becoming irrelevant. I was not impressed with the signing, and he has done nothing to prove he belongs (there is a reason this is his third team in 3 years).

I think once Marquez Stevenson returns, he is gone. (Is that this week?)

Stevenson can return this week, yes

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You mean the same Dobbins that is out for the year

And that is the problem.  RBs have a high rate of injury.  Yes, Saquon Barkley is a generational talent, but how much has he helped the Giants given that he has been out a lot of the time. Furthermore, I think I heard that when he was drafted, he was already top five in salary for running backs.  So, even on a rookie deal he was not cheap.  Because of their tendency to break down, few backs anymore seem worth it on their second contract (look at Zeke Elliot).  Picking someone like Dobbins in the 2nd wouldn't be too bad, but I still wouldn't invest that high in a running back.  The third round is about right...and just draft a running back often at that point in the draft.  You might get lucky and find an Alvin Kamara, but otherwise you can get good, if not great, backs but at that position good is a better value.

7 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

A RB like these guys and a capable TE in Knox and this offense is unstoppable

The Bills’ offense is pretty much unstoppable as it is.  The combo of Motor and Moss do all of the things needed in this offense.  I’m not saying adding a Thurman Thomas clone to the mix wouldn’t be fantastic, but they don’t need it to be an amazing offense.

moss just seems like a much better back to me than motor.  i suppose motor seems to find the big hole for a massive gainers once in a while, so that's good, but our big need from a running game is first downs and putting the opponent's d where we want them (and not rushing allen to death).  I just think moss does that for us much better.

9 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Do you know how hard it is to get a running back of this caliber? 

Hall of Fame backs just don't grow on trees

Moss is the best RB on this team.  He is much more of a threat out of the backfield because he can catch!!  Singletary is a good compliment, however, pretty much one dimensional.  Moss can run a rout and catch the ball, Singletary not so much.

I believe Singletary is not given his due, is he elite? No but his Y/A is 19 - 5.1, 20 - 4.4, 21 - 5.1......this is pretty good and he does have the chunk plays more consistently vs Moss. Both are good blockers and both are an average to above average RB in the league. Considering Singletary is averaging a yard more per attempt then Moss I would like to see him the the RB1 role

Edited by falgobofu

He looks a lot stronger running the ball this year. Starting to see some of those business decisions he was talking about right after the draft. I think he's going to improve each year like Derrick Thomas did (not to that level of success of course). My only concern with Moss is can he run that hard and stay healthy. 

16 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

He looks a lot stronger running the ball this year. Starting to see some of those business decisions he was talking about right after the draft. I think he's going to improve each year like Derrick Thomas did (not to that level of success of course). My only concern with Moss is can he run that hard and stay healthy. 

Derrick Thomas the Chiefs LB or Derrick Holmes, the most underrated Bills RB in history?

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Derrick Thomas the Chiefs LB or Derrick Holmes, the most underrated Bills RB in history?

Ha ha I can't believe I typed Thomas. My bad. I meant Henry of course. The jump in power in his game this year has surprised me. He's delivering blows this year and you can see the impact when defenders are getting up afterwards. 

17 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Ha ha I can't believe I typed Thomas. My bad. I meant Henry of course. The jump in power in his game this year has surprised me. He's delivering blows this year and you can see the impact when defenders are getting up afterwards. 

Moss has been a thumper going back to his college days.  He's a guy who physically punishes you for 3 quarters until you just roll over in the 4th.

55 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Moss has been a thumper going back to his college days.  He's a guy who physically punishes you for 3 quarters until you just roll over in the 4th.

I can't remember any games from last year where he dished out pain like he's doing this year. I saw him do it in college but not so much last year. If you can point out any like his 2 TD runs against the Dolphins I'd love to go bac and take a look.

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not only that but when you have QB's who can throw for 8.0 yards per attempt...........handing it off to a top RB for 5 yards per attempt is a much less productive play.   And as good as a guy like Alvin Kamara can be out of the backfield..........he is a career 8 yards per reception guy.    Better off throwing it to the dink/dunk slot receiver like Cole Beasley who will average 10+ if you don't want to push it down the field for REAL yardage.

The running game has it's place but it's no substitute for a good passing game in today's NFL.

Correct BUT it’s a heck of a compliment. If we have a rushing attack that becomes simply dependable when the opponent knows we are rushing the O becomes literally unstoppable.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Reader said:

It was mentioned in another thread how Moss runs so intensely that he is at risk of injuring himself. I'm glad to have the committee approach knowing that we have him available when needed for what he does best.

Exactly, Moss is a fine RB, but his style does lend itself to injury, especially when you are making the defense make “business decisions”, because sometimes you’re the hammer, and sometimes you’re the nail…, 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I can't remember any games from last year where he dished out pain like he's doing this year. I saw him do it in college but not so much last year. If you can point out any like his 2 TD runs against the Dolphins I'd love to go bac and take a look.

The second TD against the Phins was crazy violent, I'll give you that, but he had plenty of "tough run" moments as a rook.  See the back to back plays against the Donkeys starting at the 5:00 minute mark.

Edited by TheBrownBear

2 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Moss started his rookie year with turf toe.   I really appreciate the things Moss does well and what it means to an offense in key situations.   Fred Jackson-like  but with better ball security.  I think Zack has only 2 fumbles as a Bill.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Correct BUT it’s a heck of a compliment. If we have a rushing attack that becomes simply dependable when the opponent knows we are rushing the O becomes literally unstoppable.

Yeah,  they don't need a great RB.  

In fact,  I think having an Alvin Kamara or even Christian McCaffrey would actually take the ball out of the hands of Josh Allen and his receivers more than they should in addition to causing an allocation of $ and other resources better spent elsewhere.

They have the kind of RB stable they need.   Adequate and cheap. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1