Week 3 - Around the League

ColoradoBills

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The Jets are hysterically bad 

I don't know how you can ever be a Jets fan unless you're born into that misery.  NY even has another team, and while they're also kind of a dumpster fire, I'd much rather be a Giants fan.

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I don't know how you can ever be a Jets fan unless you're born into that misery.  NY even has another team, and while they're also kind of a dumpster fire, I'd much rather be a Giants fan.

I mean....I felt the same kinda way for a while being born into Bills fandom

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I mean....I felt the same kinda way for a while being born into Bills fandom

I know people say this, but the Bills were never such a dumpster fire as the Jets are right now, or the Hue Jackson Browns, or the Jim Schwartz Lions.

They were always just kind of there, a middling 6-10 to 9-7 team.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Safety against Miami.  What a weird call in your own endzone.

That was really odd, I cannot recall any time I have seen a lateral pass or screen used in a team's own end zone....

Miami just doinked the ball off the upright.... man are they snake bit this year. Liking it :)

Edited by WideNine
  • Agree 1

Watching Gronk use his patented slow route with a leg drag to pick a defender and free up the middle of the field. Had flashbacks of the same plays freeing up Edelman for years against our defenses.

Announcers defending it... I get that all teams do it, but when you are caught setting up the pick you are caught.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

The Jets need to bench Wilson. The NFL game is overwhelming for him right now.

Horribly tough market for a rookie QB to play in. An org really has to surround a young QB there with a great o-line and running game as well as a TE safety blanket to let him grow into the role. Don't see that happening anytime soon.

You are probably right, the kid would benefit from sitting for a while to absorb what is happening around him.

@AdamSchefter

Chiefs’ coach Andy Reid was transported by ambulance to a local hospital following Sunday’s game. A source close to Reid told @espn and @JeffDarlington that the Chiefs’ HC was in good spirits when he departed for precautionary observation after he felt ill.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea Peter King on UK TV sounded concerned.

He's also spoken to Brandon Staley who, as I suspected, basically said he didn't want to put the pressure on Vizcaino due to the crosswind, so he took the touchdown rather than bled the clock.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

They can't because they had the rookie come to camp with no vet backup.

You can't bench him for Mike White.

Their organization sucks so hard.

The Bills brought in Derek Anderson in Josh's rookie year, the Jets can find someone but will do is a different question.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

They can't because they had the rookie come to camp with no vet backup.

You can't bench him for Mike White.

Their organization sucks so hard.

I would never want to be drafted by them if I played offense.  They are a black hole.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The Bills brought in Derek Anderson in Josh's rookie year, the Jets can find someone but will do is a different question.

Of course but they haven't.  They had plenty of journeymen to choose from in the offseason.

Maybe they sign someone off a teams PS this week?  But I doubt they are even looking.

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I would never want to be drafted by them if I played offense.  They are a black hole.

Eventually having early picks at the draft should pay off as a strong roster is built off the back of them. But some franchises have no clue how to use the opportunity effectively, the Jets being Exhibit A.

• Like (+1) 1