Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, you could be right - the Steelers clearly had "upgrade the run game" in mind when they signed Trai Turner to replace DeCastro then drafted Najee Harris, Kendrick Green, and Dan Moore Jr. 

And their OL may in fact, become a better run-blocking OL and a better OL overall than they were last year.  They could be Men of Steel on a Mission.

But shouldn't they have to prove they can get 'er done before we concede them the middle of our D?  That's 2 rookies, a guy who played 4 games last season, a legit former all-pro guard who had a very bad year last season, and Okorafor who hasn't yet become what they hoped he would.

Many people seem to be projecting qualities on the Steelers that they have not possessed for some time now.  Many people also like to underestimated the capabilities of the Bills defense.  This game may be close for a while (1 quarter) but will not be close after that.  The Bills have the better QB, better personnel overall, and at this point are better coached.  

Bills 34 - 16

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

just watched the GMFB segment ... Mike Rob high on the Bills and Josh Allen as always.  But why not?!!

On to the game, I see TJ Watt AND Stephon Tuitt could be missing for this one for the Steelers.

Man if Watt is out we may top the over by ourselves. Free money!!

9 hours ago, wjag said:

The screen, short pass and sweep plays to Najee Harris will be a big factor in this game.  Shut that down early, and the game becomes more one dimensional.  If Pitt has success early, watch out..  I expect a good chunk of fans will be from Pittsburgh, like always..  Should make for some interesting crowd noise.  Send them 'dirty-towel' waiving fanatics back down the 90 or 219 unhappy.

With our Canadian Bills Mafiosi unable to cross the border, I think that released a bunch of season tickets to the market place and there are likely to be even more Steelers fans present than there would have been otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

Watt won't sit out. We can wish but that just won't happen.

Even if Watt does play, he's gonna have a ton of rust being a no show at TC. As good as he is, everything is pointing to him being out of game shape. Christ Sunday can't get here fast enough

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Can’t wait to watch this DL fire off the snap!  Pray they don’t disappoint!

I’m confident they will show up. But if they don’t, against what looks like a bottom tier line for Pitt, it’s gonna throw up big time red flags for our season IMO. 

• Agree 1

Reading the Steelers message board they are very concerned about their secondary, specifically covering the slot. 

If Watt is out or not himself, I don't see how they stop us. Allen will be be able to sit back and pick them apart. 

I think the Bills put up a ton of points in this one. Bills 38-21.

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m confident they will show up. But if they don’t, against what looks like a bottom tier line for Pitt, it’s gonna throw up big time red flags for our season IMO. 

Agree on this.  
I’m really curious to see what Epenesa is going to look like this year.  Been many reports of him blowing things up and having a bit of an attitude/swagger to him this TC.  Sounds like he may have finally settled in after a quiet rookie year.  And Ed Oliver has looked pretty good as well.  Getting a lot of push from the middle.  If they can get some good DE production it’s gonna really be on this year!

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Agreed. A much improved pass rush and a better D gameplan to slow down KCs O Is paramount to obtaining the Lombardi imo.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I’m thinking Steelers may try to play 3 DL, 2LB, 6 DB to slow down pass game. Bills RBs may have to have a big game 

Singletary certainly seems like he's ready. Given that most teams may try a similar strategy, more reason to believe Singletary has a breakout year.