Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

On 9/6/2021 at 9:30 AM, YoloinOhio said:

It makes me borderline uncomfortable. Trying to get over my superstition but it is not easy, too many years of disappointment! 

1000% agree. Literally I am the dog in your profile picture saying this is nice... except instead of flames its just really happy sunshine and flowers. I can't process that

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I keep reading Watt might not play due to contract. He is the main guy on that defense that scares me, in 2019 he was the most disruptive player on the field.

Really hope the money holdout holds.

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1

I'll be in the stands, screaming my head off and banging on the seats. I'm a little nervous about going, for obvious reasons, but life is short and I love the Bills, so here we are.

It's gonna be an absolutely insane game day atmosphere. Sometimes, this Bills roster comes out a little bit too hyped up in situations like this. As much as it will negatively affect the Steelers, it won't surprise me if it negatively affects the Bills a little bit, too, at least in the first quarter.

While I think the Bills will have a great season and win 12 or so games, I am picking the Steelers to steal one here.

The Bills have beaten them the last two times out, sure, but this game feels different to me. Duck Hodges will not be the quarterback. We will be seeing Roethlisberger right at the start of the season, rather than later in the season, meaning that his arm should be fresher. The Steelers defense will be healthier than the last couple times we played them -- even though Stephon Tuitt being out is a big blow. Najee Harris should add a dimension to their offense that it lacked last year.

At the end of the day, Mike Tomlin is a great coach, Big Ben is a Hall of Fame quarterback, they have a great corps of offensive playmakers, and their defense is likely to be elite. As previously mentioned, I also expect our guys to be a little too hyper in front of the raucous crowd.

Ultimately, the Bills win 12 or 13 games, but week 1 isn't one of them. Steelers 23, Bills 19

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

I think its a huge advantage for this season overall starting at home, I think it might take a game or at least a half to get used to the noise again. Being able to start at home and hear the noise but not be used against you should benefit the bills for their first road game the following week

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad

It feels nice knowing the ability of most of your team.  We know what these guys can do.  I'm expecting 30 points from our offense.  This matchup comes down to defense.   Can we get their offense off the field as much as possible?  I think we can.

31-17 is my guess.  We jump out to a decent lead at half and force Pitt to have a few 4th down plays in the redzone as they need TD's over FGs.  

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think its a huge advantage for this season overall starting at home, I think it might take a game or at least a half to get used to the noise again. Being able to start at home and hear the noise but not be used against you should benefit the bills for their first road game the following week

The first road game is at Miami which is not an intimidating place to play. Probably going to have 10-15,000 Bills fans at that game anyway.

Edited by Greg S

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The first road game is at Miami which is not an intimidating place to play. Probably going to have 10-15,000 Bills fans at that game anyway.

The heat is a bit of a worry if it's a sunny day, but we typically play well there - and as you mentioned - that place is Buffalo South. 

• Agree 1

On 9/6/2021 at 2:26 PM, BillsPride12 said:

It still feels surreal to me when I watch these National Media shows and they are talking about the Bills having the best QB in the entire league and him being the front runner for MVP and the Bills being a top Super Bowl contender.

Imagine if you woke up and Peterman was the starting qb

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would say that Tomlin will do his best to have them prepared

But yes, this is a big test for a young OL - not just a rookie C, but a rookie LT and a young LG

While Tomlin is a great coach, even some of the most experienced C (or offense's in general) have had difficulties with the noise Bills fans can produce. I imagine this 1st home game back for fans along with being the opener it will be as loud as it's ever been.

I agree, definitely will be a test for not only the rookie C, but the entire OL at times. Can't wait!!!

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Put it on Beasely’s bulletin board too

Put it on Sanders' and Mckenzie's board too.  We can also spin the dial through division of labor in the slot.  All 3 could have a good day if we wanna keep legs fresh.

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Like (+1) 1

Email received from the Bills regarding some logistics for those attending the game:

“We are so excited to be hosting fans at full capacity for our opening game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 12.  We wanted to provide some information about gate entry so you can prepare ahead of time.  Like many businesses right now, we are experiencing some staffing challenges and our game day personnel will need to operate even more efficiently than normal to make gate entry run smoothly.  As a result, we recommend that you enter the stadium much earlier than you may be accustomed to in order to be in your seats for kickoff. 

To help make sure you don’t miss kickoff, we are opening the gates 30 minutes earlier beginning at 11:00 a.m. We strongly recommend that you arrive at the gate entry area no later than 12:00pm.  Anyone arriving to the gates after 12:00pm could be in jeopardy of missing kickoff.

Additionally, all points of sale including the parking lots and inside the stadium are now cashless transactions – this is to ensure safety, efficiency and convenience for our staff and fans.  Lastly, all tickets are now mobile, so it will be important to do the following:

• Add your ticket (and parking if applicable) to your phone’s digital wallet in advance to avoid slow or weak Wi-Fi or cellular signals at the stadium.

• Make sure you have a full battery charge before you head to the stadium.

• If you are attending with guests, transfer each person their own ticket in advance.

Thank you and we can’t wait to see you for the game!”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1