Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I think we’re in for a close game. Early season Ben has a lot of weapons at his disposal. Like many have said, keys for them will be corner and oline play. While we’ve beat them the last 2 years, I was always a lot more uncomfortable throughout the game than I’d hoped.  Steelers are a well-coached, prideful bunch who won’t roll over.  

OK I get all of that but lets cool it a little bit with Big Ben and his early season greatness.

He played the Giants, Broncos and Texans last year to start the season.

He averaged 242 yards passing with 7 Passing TDs and 1 INT against teams with a combined season win total of 11.

Josh Allen started the with Jets, Dolphins and Rams.

He averaged 330 yards passing with 10 Passing TDs and 1 INT (plus 2 Rushing TDs) against teams with a combined season win total of 22.

I'm just giving a little perspective to both QBs starts last year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

My best friend is a Die Hard Steeler fan. He is Pissed at how they are handling Watt. Says Watt deserves to be paid and Steelers internal rules are from an era gone away. Thinks they need to modernize. Also thinks we beat them easily by two scores. 

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

OK I get all of that but lets cool it a little bit with Big Ben and his early season greatness.

He averaged 242 yards passing with 7 Passing TDs and 1 INT against teams with a combined season win total of 11.

He averaged 330 yards passing with 10 Passing TDs and 1 INT (plus 2 Rushing TDs) against teams with a combined season win total of 22.

Also Which Ben is going to show up?  Turnover Ben that shows up often on the road. Or Home Ben that tends not to turn it over all the time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

My best friend is a Die Hard Steeler fan. He is Pissed at how they are handling Watt. Says Watt deserves to be paid and Steelers internal rules are from an era gone away. Thinks they need to modernize. Also thinks we beat them easily by two scores. 

I can understand and agree. I know agreements have to be made on both sides and all that, but when you have a big time game changing player like that I would think you'd want to take care of everything early and have him locked in.

I don't know what's up with that, but anyways...

11 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I can understand and agree. I know agreements have to be made on both sides and all that, but when you have a big time game changing player like that I would think you'd want to take care of everything early and have him locked in.

I don't know what's up with that, but anyways...

He said they have some internal rule now too about won’t give out guaranteed money to Veterans outside of year one. Says is in response to being burnt by Santanio Holmes and AB. 

also I feel we beat Steelers by 3 scores. So at least 17. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He said they have some internal rule now too about won’t give out guaranteed money to Veterans outside of year one. Says is in response to being burnt by Santanio Holmes and AB. 

Pittsburgh's future post-Ben is pretty murky.  I really wonder what their plans will be.  Do they sell off and do a total rebuild or try

to find a veteran?  Without a BIG Ben revival year they no doubt move on from him.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Pittsburgh's future post-Ben is pretty murky.  I really wonder what their plans will be.  Do they sell off and do a total rebuild or try

to find a veteran?  Without a BIG Ben revival year they no doubt move on from him.

He seems to think gonna ride Ben (who has had one foot out of the door for years) a couple more and Hoping that Haskins being cut humbled him and he learns behind Ben and can pass the torch to a young QB. 

20 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Looking at their division I see them in 3rd place as a best case scenario. The Browns and Ravens are just better teams at this point.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He seems to think gonna ride Ben (who has had one foot out of the door for years) a couple more and Hoping that Haskins being cut humbled him and he learns behind Ben and can pass the torch to a young QB. 

That is an option.  You mentioned a Steeler fan and I got a "reasonable" one too.  That is all he talks about is the options for moving on.

He is a little pee'd off they keep holding on.

Getting back to the main game week thread he is also the guy to clued me in on not only their OL being a question mark but the CBs too.

He's not too confident the Steelers can keep up Sunday at all.  If Ben isn't looking playoff worthy he will be the first to let me know!

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I think there is a decent chance they will let it go and tag him next year and wait to see what happens with the QB situation.

If they go to rebuild mode they trade him and use the 1st to get a QB.

They may be "fence sitting" on him.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That is an option.  You mentioned a Steeler fan and I got a "reasonable" one too.  That is all he talks about is the options for moving on.

He is a little pee'd off they keep holding on.

Getting back to the main game week thread he is also the guy to clued me in on not only their OL being a question mark but the CBs too.

He's not too confident the Steelers can keep up Sunday at all.  If Ben isn't looking playoff worthy he will be the first to let me know!

I think there is a decent chance they will let it go and tag him next year and wait to see what happens with the QB situation.

If they go to rebuild mode they trade him and use the 1st to get a QB.

They may be "fence sitting" on him.

Agree with you there. My friend who hates they are here at this point. Thinks Tomlin took a Loaded team and hasn’t been able to do anything with it and actually hasn’t been able to restock it. 

he says same the DBs cannot compete with our weapons in his eyes. And the OL is bad but still says not sure Bills have the horses to expose just how bad the OL is. Says if the Bills do on DL what they showed they can do in PS and that carries over its going to be a long Sunday for Steelers and their Fans Sunday he thinks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Don't confuse us with the facts!

• Haha (+1) 1