Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

25 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Why not just cap it out at 47 with 8 o-lineman then?  It makes no sense.  I'm pretty sure you can dress 47 even if you only dress 7 o-linemen.

You’re right you can dress 47 but why not put 8 active if the 8th is free particularly if you got 9 on the 53. But yes 47 is the limit.  Thanks I was wrong.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29820641/inside-new-nfl-roster-rules-2020-expanded-rosters-practice-squad-injured-reserve%3fplatform=amp

3 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

You’re right you can dress 47 but why not put 8 active if the 8th is free particularly if you got 9 on the 53. But yes 47 is the limit.  Thanks I was wrong.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29820641/inside-new-nfl-roster-rules-2020-expanded-rosters-practice-squad-injured-reserve%3fplatform=amp

Sal was wrong too.  Bills dressed 47 with 7 o-lineman in last season's finale against Fins.  Can a team save money activating 47 instead of 48?

Eq0g2amXIAUpR-m?format=jpg&name=small

5 hours ago, balln said:

if ed oliver and jerry/groot dont feast on this line. Specifically Ed. 3rd round rookie center. 4th round rookie LT.No excuses ED - you have to dominate. If it doesnt happen its not gonna happen for him methinks

Ed isn't a bad DT. He's just not the pass rusher his athleticism suggests he should be.

Watching him play I swear he thinks he's 350lbs. He loves to engage the blocker and beat him with just his strength(bull rush city) vs using his quickness and strength. It's rare to see him shoot a gap like he did his rookie year against the dolphins and Fitz

Now some of that could be scheme because I've watched our other DTs fail to shoot open gaps instead taking on blockers. He needs a little bit of Jordan Phillips freelancing I think to get more sacks. 

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Ed isn't a bad DT. He's just not the pass rusher his athleticism suggests he should be.

Watching him play I swear he thinks he's 350lbs. He loves to engage the blocker and beat him with just his strength(bull rush city) vs using his quickness and strength. It's rare to see him shoot a gap like he did his rookie year against the dolphins and Fitz

Now some of that could be scheme because I've watched our other DTs fail to shoot open gaps instead taking on blockers. He needs a little bit of Jordan Phillips freelancing I think to get more sacks. 

Didn't he play a lot of nose tackle last year? And isn't that what a nose tackle's job is? To take on blockers? With Star back and Harrison healthy, he can now play 3 technique again. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Sal was wrong too.  Bills dressed 47 with 7 o-lineman in last season's finale against Fins.  Can a team save money activating 47 instead of 48?

Eq0g2amXIAUpR-m?format=jpg&name=small

Did that count include Reid Ferguson or no?

7 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Didn't he play a lot of nose tackle last year? And isn't that what a nose tackle's job is? To take on blockers? With Star back and Harrison healthy, he can now play 3 technique again. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Ed played a lot of 1TDT, yes.  So did Vernon Butler.

Bills got through the year in the DT room saying "OK, everybody play 1TDT when we tell you and eat your cabbage steaks and spinach, then we'll give you the 3TDT reps and roll in the steak and the chocolate volcano cakes"

I never did see a snap count breakdown of who was playing what role .  I tried to roll my own for one of the games using all-22 and quickly gave it up - just too tough

On 9/10/2021 at 8:41 PM, BillsFan130 said:

Do you have literally nothing better to do than troll an opposing teams message board on a Friday night? Lol

Well, he certainly isn’t getting laid, that’s for sure…, 

1 hour ago, Rockinon said:

What is your explanation for him playing that way his rookie year and in college? Maybe there's a reason he's been used at nose so much. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos