Week 1: Steelers at Bills

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

This garbage from Keith Butler reeks of false bravado. He knows he is about to get his butt kicked and is hoping he can convince people that he isn’t wetting himself in anticipation of the beating he is about to receive. 

My translation of Keith Butler: He's been watching the All 22 of the AFC title game on a loop, trying figure out how to put a watered-down coat of black & gold paint on Spag's scheme.

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

My translation of Keith Butler: He's been watching the All 22 of the AFC title game on a loop, trying figure out how to put a watered-down coat of black & gold paint on Spag's scheme.

Him and the rest of the league.

Of course, Daboll and his staff and our offense have been sitting there saying "Oh well" and not working out how they could counter it

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Him and the rest of the league.

Of course, Daboll and his staff and our offense have been sitting there saying "Oh well" and not working out how they could counter it

Buffalo loses a game in the post season.

Haters: aLeN wAs ExPoSeD!!!!!

We should start getting used to it.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Well, my only concern with the team gets tested tomorrow against a team impossible to run on....not optimal.

Yea we can throw it on everyone.  But wind and yes rain makes it....also not optimal.  If I recall there were only 2 bad weather games last year I think only 2.  The Ravens playoff game (extreme wind) and the Chiefs at home.  

Running the ball effectively in the elements. 

Let's find out right now.     

Why are they impossible to run on?  If anything I think they have been run on late in the season. Heck we held the ball for 7 minutes to the end the game last year. 

patriots game at home was miserable weather too iirc. 

On 9/7/2021 at 12:44 PM, RiotAct said:

Email received from the Bills regarding some logistics for those attending the game:

“We are so excited to be hosting fans at full capacity for our opening game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on September 12.  We wanted to provide some information about gate entry so you can prepare ahead of time.  Like many businesses right now, we are experiencing some staffing challenges and our game day personnel will need to operate even more efficiently than normal to make gate entry run smoothly.  As a result, we recommend that you enter the stadium much earlier than you may be accustomed to in order to be in your seats for kickoff. 

To help make sure you don’t miss kickoff, we are opening the gates 30 minutes earlier beginning at 11:00 a.m. We strongly recommend that you arrive at the gate entry area no later than 12:00pm.  Anyone arriving to the gates after 12:00pm could be in jeopardy of missing kickoff.

Additionally, all points of sale including the parking lots and inside the stadium are now cashless transactions – this is to ensure safety, efficiency and convenience for our staff and fans.  Lastly, all tickets are now mobile, so it will be important to do the following:

• Add your ticket (and parking if applicable) to your phone’s digital wallet in advance to avoid slow or weak Wi-Fi or cellular signals at the stadium.

• Make sure you have a full battery charge before you head to the stadium.

• If you are attending with guests, transfer each person their own ticket in advance.

Thank you and we can’t wait to see you for the game!”

We have printed tickets from Ticketmaster.  Anyone know how to add these to a digital wallet?  It says they have a chip in the printed tickets so they can be scanned but the Bills said no paper tickets accepted so this is confusing.  From my Ticketmaster account it says these tickets can't be managed because they were printed and mailed to us so not sure how to proceed...

10 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Why are they impossible to run on?  If anything I think they have been run on late in the season. Heck we held the ball for 7 minutes to the end the game last year. 

patriots game at home was miserable weather too iirc. 

The minute Devin Bush went down that defense fell apart.  

10 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

We have printed tickets from Ticketmaster.  Anyone know how to add these to a digital wallet?  It says they have a chip in the printed tickets so they can be scanned but the Bills said no paper tickets accepted so this is confusing.  From my Ticketmaster account it says these tickets can't be managed because they were printed and mailed to us so not sure how to proceed...

no need, you’re fine with the physical tickets.   The handheld reader that the ticket-takers use will read the chips in them and you’re good to go.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The minute Devin Bush went down that defense fell apart.  

I see. I worry about bush more in coverage than I do in the run fits. I am not convinced he’s 100% yet as ACLs can be tricky. Cover 1 had a Steelers reporter as a guest and he didn’t think he was all the way back yet.  Thanks for explaining your thinking 

• Like (+1) 1

A few years ago, I went on a business trip to Pittsburgh. During the day, I was in training classes. At night, I found a few places around town to eat and have a couple of beers. There was a place that made a nice pizza and was loaded with locals and I proudly wore my Bills cap in there. I was greeted with curiosity about my hat and one fella, a die hard Steelers fan, and talked for some time. He recommended a couple of places around town to eat and we talked football with a little light hearted smack mixed in.

One of the things that I found interesting is even though many of the steel factories were shuttered, the town was going through a sort of renaissance. Small businesses were booming, young people were buying up local homes that once belonged to steel workers and fixing them up. There are lots of neighborhoods on hillsides looking down over the Three Rivers. The food was good, the people and the city itself reminded me a lot of Buffalo.

Anyway, toward the end of the week, I returned to that bar where I talked football with a Steelers fan. Ran into him again and he said he was glad I came back because he had something for me. He then disappeared into the parking lot and returned with a license plate with a Steelers logo on it...haha. I laughed and told him what am I supposed to use this for, target practice? He said no, it's just a souvenir from Pittsburgh. I accepted the gift and soon returned to my hotel room. Overall, had a good experience in Pittsburgh. The thing is, as you become older, wiser, you learn that there are good people everywhere. Even in a rival football town. Had a similar experience in Norristown, PA, not far from Philly, but that's another story...lol. Got a little long winded with this one.

Edited by Rockinon
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

A few years ago, I went on a business trip to Pittsburgh. During the day, I was in training classes. At night, I found a few places around town to eat and have a couple of beers. There was a place that made a nice pizza and was loaded with locals and I proudly wore my Bills cap in there. I was greeted with curiosity about my hat and one fella, a die hard Steelers fan, and talked for some time. He recommended a couple of places around town to eat and we talked football with a little light hearted smack mixed in.

One of the things that I found interesting is even though many of the steel factories were shuttered, the town was going through a sort of renaissance. Small businesses were booming, young people were buying up local homes that once belonged to steel workers and fixing them up. There are lots of neighborhoods on hillsides looking down over the Three Rivers. The food was good, the people and the city itself reminded me a lot of Buffalo.

Anyway, toward the end of the week, I returned to that bar where I talked football with a Steelers fan. Ran into him again and he said he was glad I came back because he had something for me. He then disappeared into the parking lot and returned with a license plate with a Steelers logo on it...haha. I laughed and told him what am I supposed to use this for, target practice. He said no, it's just a souvenir from Pittsburgh. I accepted the gift and soon returned to my hotel room. Overall, had a good experience in Pittsburgh. The thing is, as you become older, wiser, you learn that there are good people everywhere. Even in a rival football town. Had a similar experience in Norristown, PA, not far from Philly, but that's another story...lol. Got a little long winded with this one.

Great story.  We tend to generalize about opposing fans, but like you said, there are good people everywhere.

Except New England, of course.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Well, my only concern with the team gets tested tomorrow against a team impossible to run on....not optimal.

TF, man?  "Impossible to run on", you get this how?

First, the Steelers had a very good D LAST SEASON.  That's LAST SEASON.  But even there, they weren't a #1 D against the run.  Try #12 in Y/A and #11 in total rushing yards.  That's solid, and better than the Bills run D, but it's hardly "impossible"

Second, That was Then, This is Now

The reason they had a great run D was their fantastic front 7.   They lost a key player in Bud Dupree.  Melvin Ingram is a great player nearing the end of his career and coming off a knee injury.  Alex Highsmith, who I believe started 5 games last season, is ahead of him on the depth chart and was on injury report this week with a groin injury, though he practiced in full on Friday and has no game status. 

They also replaced one of their ILB

Probably the biggest loss for the Steelers right now is having Stephon Tuitt on IR and out for the game.

So - Last seasons results don't guarantee this season's results, either for them or for us.  And, they are missing 2 of 7 key pieces and have changed out a 3rd.

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Looking like definite rain tomorrow. 50%+ chance every hour from early am to midnight. So lame. 

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Depending on how they were printed, it's possible the ink could run if it's raining when you enter

Might want to put them in a plastic holder

Just a thought

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

First, the Steelers had a very good D LAST SEASON.  That's LAST SEASON.  But even there, they weren't a #1 D against the run.  Try #12 in Y/A and #11 in total rushing yards.  That's solid, and better than the Bills run D, but it's hardly "impossible"

The reason they had a great run D was their fantastic front 7.   They lost a key player in Bud Dupree.  Melvin Ingram is a great player nearing the end of his career and coming off a knee injury.  Alex Highsmith, who I believe started 5 games last season, is ahead of him on the depth chart and was on injury report this week with a groin injury, though he practiced in full on Friday and has no game status. 

Probably the biggest loss for the Steelers right now is having Stephon Tuitt on IR and out for the game.

So - Last seasons results don't guarantee this season's results, either for them or for us.  And, they are missing 2 of 7 key pieces and have changed out a 3rd.

Well, we are going to see a defense that we have never before seen in NFL history.  It will be impossible to move the ball at all.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Process said:

Looking like definite rain tomorrow. 50%+ chance every hour from early am to midnight. So lame. 

So awesome you mean. Football in the elements is fun. And I think it only helps the Bills offense.

Did you ever play sports? When it was raining or snowing, we just got that much more pumped.

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Well, we are going to see a defense that we have never before seen in NFL history.  It will be impossible to move the ball at all.

Especially after our star running back QB gets injured...

(Knock on wood)

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'd like to see those stats before the Bush injury.  

But I didn't know Tuitt was out I missed that.  I'm not sure Dupree was that significant in run defense anyway.  

But as long as Heyward is there and with Bush back and their scheme, they will still be a problem and significant test against the run.