Bills trading Daryll Johnson to the Panthers for 6th rd pick

Process

1 minute ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

He's flashed in preseason before then the regular season comes and he's invisible. I didn't expect him to make the team and I'm sure this is why they were talking him up so much.

I may not agree completely but that's a perfectly valid assessment, so I won't belabour it. Besides, your handle reminds me of The Zombies whom I do quite like.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

And Daryl Johnson will go on to lead the Panthers in sacks for the next 10 years.

you may be right but it is what it is--   he wasnt going to come in the top 8 in sacks for Buffalo this year and next year we wouldnt want to give him a second contract.

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

And Daryl Johnson will go on to lead the Panthers in sacks for the next 10 years.

Im not that concerned.  May make a pro bowl as a special teamer but thats it imo.  

Overall, it brings clarity to the bottom of the roster.  

1 minute ago, mushypeaches said:

I think that Brandon Beane, as well as most of the commenters on this board like their chances with the 6th round pick being more productive...

1 minute ago, 4thandGoal said:

you may be right but it is what it is--   he wasnt going to come in the top 8 in sacks for Buffalo this year and next year we wouldnt want to give him a second contract.

I'm mostly kidding. Buffalo just has a long history of trading guys with potential who move on to far exceed expectations... Keeping 7 DE's wold have been too much. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

We have a rare problem of too many good special teamers and a glut at defensive line.

We got value for a 7th round pick we were likely going to need to cut. I'll take it.

People need to understand these ST guys to be useful also have to fit into the guys that dress on Sunday.

I can't help but trust Beane and McDermott with this move.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.