A little disagreement among Rams fans

Greg S

This is how I improved my seat location. I sent a letter about weekly fights in my section (which was bogus) then a manager moved me to a much better seat. 

I also received an apology :thumbsup:

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I admit it made me chuckle a little at first but then it got extremely distasteful to watch.

What’s up with people recording it on their phones?  A saw at least 3 people doing so 

I agree, but what are they supposed to do ? 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Try to alert someone.

its ultimately just not a good look imo 

I assume all you could do is alert a security guy and that depends if there is one close enough by. Although I will say there is far too often times when things like this happen that too many record on their phone instead of at least calling the police etc. It's a shame there's so many like that.

In this particular instance though, a person would be limited with what could be done. 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

I was at a Bills/Jets  game many, many years ago (1988) in the Meadowlands. Alcohol rule changes were initiated after this game. It was a Monday Night Game on Halloween Night and the temperature was almost 70 degrees (unusually warm). People had been drinking all afternoon and evening. Here are the things that I remember:

1) A hot girl was walking up the stairs towards the concessions/bathrooms. At least 5 groups of men were shouting obscenities at her, maybe 10, asking her to flash (in different language of course). She burst out in tears and ran up the stairs.

2) The Bills had a 28-0 lead around the half. There were so many fights that the players stopped playing to watch the fighting. Cornelius Bennett looked fascinated.

3) Someone lit at least 1 seat on fire in the end zone seats. The flames were pretty high. Security came over and their extinguisher did not work. While they were getting another one, a fan came over, exposed himself, and started urinating on the fire. The fans cheered.

4) A huge blow-up pumpkin was in the stands and fans were punching it around. I guess it was a very large beach ball. It started to lose air and drunk fans were swingin at it, missing, and hitting other fans causing (for the lack of a better term) gang fights. Security finally got the pumpkin and the entire stadium was chanting "We Want Pumpkin." They actually threw it back into the stands.

5) A stripper named "Morgana" took off all of her close and ran out onto the field.

6) By the 3rd quarter, I did not see 1 female fan in the stadium. Not 1.

7) There were puddles of blood all over the stadium, to include the seating areas and bathrooms.

I was lucky. Something told me not to wear a Bills shirt. I learned from this experience to NEVER wear items of clothing of the opposing team if I am at an away game. It just isn't worth it imo.

I googled Bills/Jets pumpkin game and it does come up. I have been to many Bills games and they were NEVER this bad.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

I admit it made me chuckle a little at first but then it got extremely distasteful to watch.

What’s up with people recording it on their phones?  A saw at least 3 people doing so 

That is a sign of the times.  People today record everything for social media attention.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Bob in STL said:

That is a sign of the times.  People today record everything for social media attention.  

Yeah, it's good and bad at same time. Good for having evidence and stuff like that, but more times than not many are recording for entertainment purposes and all that BS.

• Like (+1) 1

Sign of the times.  The worst IMO is people who hold their phones (and sometimes tablets) up at concerts to record them.  Jesus.  Can anyone just enjoy the moment anymore?

@Bill from NYC that story is absolutely epic.  And disturbing.  And hilarious.  When I go to away games I'm always in Bills stuff but [pats self on back] I'm not a jackass and have never had a problem in any stadium.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I was at a Bills/Jets  game many, many years ago (1988) in the Meadowlands. Alcohol rule changes were initiated after this game. It was a Monday Night Game on Halloween Night and the temperature was almost 70 degrees (unusually warm). People had been drinking all afternoon and evening. Here are the things that I remember:

1) A hot girl was walking up the stairs towards the concessions/bathrooms. At least 5 groups of men were shouting obscenities at her, maybe 10, asking her to flash (in different language of course). She burst out in tears and ran up the stairs.

2) The Bills had a 28-0 lead around the half. There were so many fights that the players stopped playing to watch the game. Cornelius Bennett looked fascinated.

3) Someone lit at least 1 seat on fire in the end zone seats. The flames were pretty high. Security came over and their extinguisher did not work. While they were getting another one, a fan came over, exposed himself, and started urinating on the fire. The fans cheered.

4) A huge blow-up pumpkin was in the stands and fans were punching it around. I guess it was a very large beach ball. It started to lose air and drunk fans were swingin at it, missing, and hitting other fans causing (for the lack of a better term) gang fights. Security finally got the pumpkin and the entire stadium was chanting "We Want Pumpkin." They actually threw it back into the stands.

5) A stripper named "Morgana" took off all of her close and ran out onto the field.

7) There were puddles of blood all over the stadium, to include the seating areas and bathrooms.

I was lucky. Something told me not to wear a Bills shirt. I learned from this experience to NEVER wear items of clothing of the opposing team if I am at an away game. It just isn't worth it imo.

I googled Bills/Jets pumpkin game and it does come up. I have been to many Bills games and they were NEVER this bad.

If I remember correctly the Jets gave out these cheap looking paper hats. The fans were lighting them on fire and throwing them up in the air. The Bills won the game 37-14 or something like that. It was a total beatdown. I remember there were a lot of fights between the Bills and Jets fans that night. It was a crazy atmosphere. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If I remember correctly the Jets gave out these cheap looking paper hats. The fans were lighting them on fire and throwing them up in the air. The Bills won the game 37-14 or something like that. It was a total beatdown. I remember there were a lot of fights between the Bills and Jets fans that night. It was a crazy atmosphere. 

After halftime, my friend and I sat in the first row in the second deck, right smack on the 50 yard line. A good chunk of the fans just hightailed it out of there, especially those who were with a woman. To this day I have never had a better seat.

The thing is, there was still some fighting not so far from me. I am not a small guy and was obviously much younger than I am today. My friend was a big guy as well, but as the fights got closer, I had visions of myself flying over the railing and landing on the main level. So, after the 3rd quarter we decided to call it a night. :) 

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

After halftime, my friend and I sat in the first row in the second deck, right smack on the 50 yard line. A good chunk of the fans just hightailed it out of there, especially those who were with a woman. To this day I have never had a better seat.

The thing is, there was still some fighting not so far from me. I am not a small guy and was obviously much younger than I am today. My friend was a big guy as well, but as the fights got closer, I had visions of myself flying over the railing and landing on the main level. So, after the 3rd quarter we dccided to call it a night. :) 

With many of the real Jets fans being priced out at MetLife the scene isn't as crazy. Both the Jets and Giants lost a lot of their homefield advantage with it being more of a corporate crowd. Wearing Bills gear at MetLife isn't as dangerous as it was during the Giants Stadium/ Shea days. Fights can still break out at MetLife but its not as crazy as it used to be. if anything its more trash talking and yelling back and forth at one another. Also ever since the Bills became a good team again Bills fans have been showing up in large numbers at MetLife. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

2) The Bills had a 28-0 lead around the half. There were so many fights that the players stopped playing to watch the game. Cornelius Bennett looked fascinated.

Isn't that the game where they were popping road flares in the upper deck?

On 8/17/2021 at 1:51 PM, Kwai San said:

I agree those were some mountain men swinging there......if that woulda been Buffalo security woulda been there in seconds throwing even bigger haymakers!!!

I was an usher through college, got to know the security guys by name, there were some sincere bad asses in that crew.  They took no crap and ALWAYS ended the fight.  The section I had was about 50% season ticket holders and 50% crazies.  Never had to worry about the season ticket holders, they were well behaved. You never knew what was going to happen behind them though.  That was a lot of fun, with a lot of good people and as a bonus, I got paid to be in the stadium on game days.

With all the Covid concerns and the general craziness from people being restricted for so long, I’d be tempted to let them  “ work it out themselves “ more now than ever. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 8/17/2021 at 10:23 PM, BUFFALOBART said:

There is a lot less of that nonsense, @ the games these days. All that someone has to do, is text Security.

Tell us how much better you can see, by standing in front of people that may have medical conditions, and are unable to stand, for anything more than big plays.

That is an interesting point I had not considered.  That said, there are specific areas/seats for folks with medical conditions.  

On 8/17/2021 at 11:54 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

Hey, don't you come at @teef like that or we're going to have to have to reenact the video...:death:

I love @teef

one of the problems of typing rather than talking is you can’t see expressions, tone, etc.    

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have to also say that the Bills fan 'experience' has tamed down a TON since about 15 years ago.  I sit in the end zone below the scoreboard too.  Fights do happen, but they have become much more uncommon and its very, very rare we see anything more than a couple dudes scrap for 20 seconds and get removed.

They stopped allowing visibly drunk people in the gate.  They have the text line.  The EC Sheriff's presence is like 3x what it was in 2006-ish and prior.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Another Fan said:

So I saw news video footage of an elderly lady getting punched and screamed at by some 20ish kid.  It was on public transportation (subway IIRC).  Lotta people recorded it but no one helped. Then they showed people’s reactions to that and everyone said how disgusting it was that it happened and that no one helped, but chose to record it.  The very last clip was of a police official explaining that the way to handle this as a bystander was to not get physically involved but instead to provide the police with any information they could to help apprehend the offender.  You know, like video evidence.

Edited by BarleyNY

On 8/19/2021 at 9:47 AM, BUFFALOBART said:

I’m am not going to give up my seats, because some moron never learned to be considerate of others 

do you let them know you have a medical condition?  I'm sure most would be accommodating of that.  But  I'd bet the vast majority of the "sit down" folks don't.  

Edited by RyanC883