RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

He was the guy I wanted. Value pick at 30 who was only there because he opted out.  Fits the profile of the FO reloading a position before the contracts expire, not after.  Hughes and Addison are both UFAs after the season.  Epenesa picked last year, Rousseau this year. Holes filled.

• Like (+1) 4

I’m confused. People are saying he’s a project that can grow into a high ceiling pass rusher. Which makes me think he’s an athletic freak.

Then you have the guys saying he lacks quickness and just was compiling coverage sacks which makes me think he doesn’t have the athletic explosiveness. Kind of like he was getting sacks because he was a hard worker that hung in there on extended plays. Those things are the opposite to me. Which one is it?

I can’t say I’ve seen much  tape on him so I’m all for trying to improve a weakness. Willing to be open minded on this pick.  I was kinda intrigued by Moore, still think we need to inject more speed into the offense and find an eventual Beasley replacement. Maybe tough to slot him in though. 

Let’s hope this works out or Beane to our Dline will be known like Belichick is to drafting WR.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m fine with the pick but his tape is disappointing when you go into it with the context of him being one of the country’s leaders in sacks.

At least my gut feeling I posted a day or two was right though lol.