RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

Very solid pick. Beane timed the DE run correct with Two going right after. 15.5 sacks yeah I will take that. Was going to go much higher before bad workout. And was the 3rd best player left on my board. Should have been gone before 30. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Honest question to the college gurus, @MAJBobby @NewEra @GunnerBill

Do you project either Epenesa or Rousseau to be able to replace Hugh’s at a high level in the next 2-3 years? 

We don’t have a huge stable of pass rushers so one of these guys will have to perform at a comparable level or we are in the same spot as we are right now. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like how they've been investing so much draft capital in the line.  I can see both Epenesa and Oliver taking the next step this season, and if Rousseau can join them in another year or 2, we'll have an excellent young defensive line to complement an offense that is already SB caliber.

When you're picking so late, there really aren't sure things; it's almost like a 2nd rounder.  I personally tend to like the "high upside" guys, and of course, trust Beane.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

He will need development like AJE but I like his size and athleticism. Most boards had him 2nd or 3rd rated pass rusher. 

Yeah...good stuff! Despite missing a season, he has all of the tools. He looked happy to be drafted by the Bills!