Stafford to Rams!!

BillsMafi$

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

With a top 5 defense and McVay's heavy action offense, Stafford is going to be very good. The Rams were done with Goff and were stuck with a horrible contract. 

Completely agree.  Rams are probably the favorites to win NFC next year.  Detroit is probably the favorite for the #1 overall pick.  

1 minute ago, Putin said:

To be honest I don’t care where he ends up as long as it’s not in the AFCE , 

hopefully he stays in Houston 

I’m not overly worried. Any team in the East giving up all the ammo to get him likely is left with scraps. 
My opinion has always been he signed that extension I’d make him sit and take those fines. Had he not signed the extension and been on the last year or franchise tagged I’d probably be more on his side. He knew who was cutting him that check though 

• Like (+1) 1

The Watson deal will push the league full on into NBA territory 

And it's a lock it will be Miami.  They're the only team with the QB and draft capital to get him.  This trade (in conference btw) just gave you the sticker price range.  

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I’m not overly worried. Any team in the East giving up all the ammo to get him likely is left with scraps. 
My opinion has always been he signed that extension I’d make him sit and take those fines. Had he not signed the extension and been on the last year or franchise tagged I’d probably be more on his side. He knew who was cutting him that check though 

I agree , the last thing we need is for  the NFL to take same path as the NBA , 

• Like (+1) 1

As others have noted the cost to land Watson just got inflated like a Weimar Republic Deutsche Mark!

It's easy to throw stones at Goff but is Stafford really that much better?  Put Goff in Detroit for all those years and he's more then capable of putting up Stafford's numbers.

On paper this trade is a huge win for the Lions. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Putin said:

To be honest I don’t care where he ends up as long as it’s not in the AFCE , 

hopefully he stays in Houston 

I kinda have this thought that there are two logical reasons not to trade Watson to the AFC East.

1. Trading a top five QB into the conference and having to play him regularly/seeing him the playoffs is just stupid. 

2. Trading for either the 2 or 3 pick demands taking a QB with that pick... Unless you're in love with one of them, why create a "This guy is Desaun's replacement" conversation? Better, I think, to get a package that includes many 1sts and a vet who can play (Garapalo, Bridgewater, etc.) and then aim for the QB down the road with the increased capital. 

Since logic has no place in this conversation, I am sure both of these things will be promptly ignored. 

• Agree 1

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Goff is terrible and was only taken so they could get extra picks.  

He’s not elite but a team could do much worse. Plenty of teams with a worse quarterback situation than Detroit. Bout to be a big year for Swift

Just now, Rc2catch said:

He’s not elite but a team could do much worse. Plenty of teams with a worse quarterback situation than Detroit. Bout to be a big year for Swift

Factoring in salary a team can’t actually do much worse than Goff unless they decide to guarantee Josh Rosen $200M.

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

The idea here is that any goodness Goff ever had was completely based on McVey and the system... Which, if true, is scary as we know that Stafford is pretty good - even in a garbage system and bad cast around him... 

Two really overrated dudes imo... Stafford and McVay.

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Well for the short term this should allow McVay to do things he couldn't do with Goff. Stafford turns 33 next week. But without picks the cupboard get get bare real quick. 

Eh, he’s got Donald and Ramsey on that defense.   Can design a run game and has Akers on a rookie contract for a while.  Stafford is the icing on the cake.  

They’ll likely have weak depth but strong top level talent. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1