Stafford to Rams!!

BillsMafi$

Goff is going to get murdered behind that line.

The Rams sure are doing things differently - they don’t use the draft anymore.  They traded a future 1 for the right to draft Goff, traded a 1 for Brandin Cooks, traded 2 number 1s for Ramsey, now two more 1s for Stafford.  In a way you could say that Goff has cost them four #1s!

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

They traded a way a too large contract for a slightly smaller one actually. That, and they won’t have to pay a first round draft pick for four years

They can also restructure Stafford. Extend and spread out the cap hit. This trade likely improves the Rams cap. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Holy 💩 I can’t even imagine what the asking price for Watson would be 

Lol Miami’s entire draft stock the next two years? 
CMC+Bridgewater and multiple picks 

Washington doesn’t even have enough ammo. 
San Fran maybe if they throw in one of their top talent guys like Kittle or Bosa and picks. 

Hahaha I wouldn’t make any of those trades but it’ll have to be something nutty I think 

8 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Goffs contract is a killer for the new team.

You can’t kill the Lions, they’ve been dead......forever. They are like that dead horse, no need beating it any further. 

I actually feel badly for their fans. Barry Sanders, Megatron, who else would rather quit than play there? 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like they are both decent QBs, not transformational guys, both #1 overall picks so clearly talented. But Goff is 6 years younger and no way that stafford is 2 1sts and a 3rd better. Jmo 

I think it's an interesting microscope on the question of how much a QB's surroundings matter... Stafford has (with the exception of a couple good receivers) by and large been in a terrible situation his entire career and has still managed to be a borderline top 10 QB... Goff has been in a great situation and has played poorly for the majority of it - especially since the SB. 

I think we'll see what really matters, but I agree... The price is ridiculous. It's hard to imagine that being the market rate, which really makes me think McVey was just completely done with Goff and willing to pay to be rid of him - this is a tidy way to handle it.

Glad stafford isn't coming to the AFC. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Lol Miami’s entire draft stock the next two years? 
CMC+Bridgewater and multiple picks 

Washington doesn’t even have enough ammo. 
San Fran maybe if they throw in one of their top talent guys like Kittle or Bosa and picks. 

Hahaha I wouldn’t make any of those trades but it’ll have to be something nutty I think 

To be honest I don’t care where he ends up as long as it’s not in the AFCE , 

hopefully he stays in Houston 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like they are both decent QBs, not transformational guys, both #1 overall picks so clearly talented. But Goff is 6 years younger and no way that stafford is 2 1sts and a 3rd better. Jmo 

You’re wrong about Goff.  He is terrible.