Stafford to Rams!!

BillsMafi$

14 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Honestly - The #9 pick in this draft does very little for Detroit and they need to figure out who is staying and who is going. 

I think they were more enticed by 2 future picks and Goff - than Drew Lock and a single pick this year and I am not sure I disagree.

This years draft and process is so messed up - now is the time to clear players, begin the process of establishing your future team and then you begin next year refilling the talent pool with multiple picks.

They could have turned that #9 pick this year into more than a late first round pick next year and the following year.

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would Have taken the Rams deal. Get two 1st rounders and a 3 rounder (not just the one 1st rounder), and a much much better QB. 

A QB way overpriced for what he offers and not good enough to win a SB with.

Edited by Big Turk

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They could have turned that #9 pick this year into more than a late first round pick next year and the following year.

A QB way overpriced for what he offers and not good enough to win a SB with.

Do you think so?  I am not sure at 9 - who you would expect to be available that someone wants to move up enough to give up multiple first round picks.

I think they took a sure thing along with a better QB than a potential trade that may never be available and a worse QB.

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I would Have taken the Rams deal. Get two 1st rounders and a 3 rounder (not just the one 1st rounder), and a much much better QB. 

"I"? Are you speaking as a Bills Fan and implying they should have shipped off Allen? I really hope I am misunderstanding you

I don't understand this move at all for the Rams. I think Stafford is a better QB than Goff but Goff isn't a bad QB at all and Stafford isn't dramatically better. I also keep hearing the argument that the second first round pick is compensation for taking back Goff's contract. But that makes little sense since over the course of the next two seasons the Rams see little cap relief. They are taking on 20 million in dead money from this trade and combining that with adding Stafford's 20+ million dollar cap number. So the Rams lose 7 million in cap space in 2021 and only gain 14 million in cap space in 2022. The only net gain of cap space over two years is 7 million. 

It seems like an awful lot of draft capital to give up for at best a moderate upgrade to the QB position. For the Lions they made the right move, those draft picks will help them secure a proper rebuild and they do right to try and get a new longer term solution at QB while Goff is a solid placeholder.

• Agree 1