Stafford to Rams!!

BillsMafi$

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

As others have noted the cost to land Watson just got inflated like a Weimar Republic Deutsche Mark!

It's easy to throw stones at Goff but is Stafford really that much better?  Put Goff in Detroit for all those years and he's more then capable of putting up Stafford's numbers.

On paper this trade is a huge win for the Lions. 

I’m pretty sure everyone would rather have Stafford as their QB 

1 minute ago, Success said:

Biggest losers:  the New England Patriots.

Not only do they NOT get Stafford - they're unlikely to get Watson or anyone else.  The price for QB's just went through the roof.

You have to figure they put their hat in the ring on this trade, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Watson deal will push the league full on into NBA territory 

And it's a lock it will be Miami.  They're the only team with the QB and draft capital to get him.  This trade (in conference btw) just gave you the sticker price range.  

Miami needs more than Watson to put them in the playoffs. I mean have they found an OC yet? The Jets tbh seem like a better option as think they're desperate enough to do it. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Factoring in salary a team can’t actually do much worse than Goff unless they decide to guarantee Josh Rosen $200M.

Detroit is about to reset some. 
So Goffs money don’t hurt. Best case he develops there without McVay in his ear, worst case he helps their draft position. 

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Watson deal will push the league full on into NBA territory 

And it's a lock it will be Miami.  They're the only team with the QB and draft capital to get him.  This trade (in conference btw) just gave you the sticker price range.  

IMO if Miami pays what it will cost to land Watson it will be the ruin of their team.  Watson is a great QB but the cost to the Dolphins would cripple them and we know that when not surrounded by a lot of talent even great QB's like Watson will go 4 - 12. And this is why the NFL will not become like the NBA.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

I’m pretty sure everyone would rather have Stafford as their QB 

I wouldn't.  How many playoff games has he won?  A lot of Stafford's stats were generated trying to overcome 3 score deficits.  Prevent defenses are kind to a QB's stat line.

But even if Stafford is better then Goff, he's not close to being TWO first round picks better. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Well for the short term this should allow McVay to do things he couldn't do with Goff. Stafford turns 33 next week. But without picks the cupboard get get bare real quick. 

Definitely a short term plan being prioritized in LA. I completely understand it though. The NFC is a weak conference, but you don’t know how long it will remain so. McVay is betting on himself and his team to take advantage of that now. There aren’t any elite teams in the NFC imo, and the Rams see themselves as being close. I’ve never been much of a Stafford fan, but there’s no reason to believe he can’t lead them to a Super Bowl if Goff can. Brady will be 44 next season, and wasn’t truly spectacular this year, Rodgers always has some type of drama, The Seahawks can’t play D, and Brees is either retired or washed up. That’s definitely what the Rams are seeing, otherwise this is a very bad plan. 

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

IMO if Miami pays what it will cost to land Watson it will be the ruin of their team.  Watson is a great QB but the cost to the Dolphins would cripple them and we know that when not surrounded by a lot of talent even great QB's like Watson will go 4 - 12. And this is why the NFL will not become like the NBA.

Ruin them how? It would only cripple them if Watson isn't top 5 good. 

• Like (+1) 2

IMO if Miami pays what it will cost to land Watson it will be the ruin of their team. 

Why?  It will cost them their 2 firsts this year and their first next (high teens or 20s) and Tua.  Yea I'm doing that all day and there is no better option for Houston. 

Unless they get Arizona on the phone.  

Watson is a great QB but the cost to the Dolphins would cripple them and we know that when not surrounded by a lot of talent even great QB's like Watson will go 4 - 12. And this is why the NFL will not become like the NBA.

Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell, teammates just 2 years ago that essentially got their way and got out, are playing each other in the Super Bowl this week.  

Bell, he got himself out of TWO teams.  

We're already there and who knows where this goes.  

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Bears/Niners/Panthers make sense for Watson if Houston smartly trades him out of the AFC.

Could the Falcons get big eyes about the haul the Lions got and trade Ryan?  If so New England makes a ton of sense there.

Best place for Watson is the Saints imo. Super bowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

I wouldn't.  How many playoff games has he won?  A lot of Stafford's stats were generated trying to overcome 3 score deficits.  Prevent defenses are kind to a QB's stat line.

But even if Stafford is better then Goff, he's not close to being TWO first round picks better. 

Is there really a debate here who’s a better QB ?