Stafford to Rams!!

BillsMafi$

Unexpected. Saw a lot of people penciling Stafford in at San Francisco. I'm telling you the Niners QB prospects are looking bleak and they will not be good this year.

Goff is Kirk Cousins lite. QB purgatory. Detroit's gonna get their QB of the future with one of those picks.

Edited by Nelius

So I did a bit of looking.

Detroit has about $2M in cap assuming a $176M floor

Stafford as trade leaves them with $19M in dead money, $14M savings vs. the $33M cap hit he had on the books this year. 

Goff will be due $27.5M in salary and roster bonus

So they're actually OK.  Stafford for Goff helps their cap a bit

The Rams, on the other hand, are $31.2M in red ink on cap space.

Goff as trade gives them $22M of dead cap and saves them $12.75M vs the $34.95M they had on the books

BUT, Stafford will be due $27,5M in salary and big honkin' roster bonus from the Rams.

So I think they're worse off and need $46M in cap

They may need to have a fire sale.  Think they'll move anyone we want?

Info is from Overthecap and may be off here and there from Spotrac

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Unexpected. Saw a lot of people penciling Stafford in at San Francisco. I'm telling you the Niners QB prospects are looking bleak and they will not be good this year.

Goff is not the QB that Detroit deserves. Complete purgatory. I feel sorry for that fanbase.

Not a Garoppolo fan?

I don't see Goff as being the QB for an Anthony Lynn offensive system in Detroit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

How many SB wins? How much better have they gotten in the last three years as they trade away those first round picks? How good is their cap situation as they trade away the chance to get good young players on rookie contracts for the chance to own older players on expensive second contracts?

Winning one post-season game this year and not making the playoffs last year should not be seen as a good result for a team that made the Super Bowl in 2018.

Most people will say it will be worth it if they win one SB... even if they then are a rabble for the next 5 years after...

Personally I would prefer to go about ultimate success in a more conventional way like the Bills are doing as you set yourself up for a longer window... 

However... the Rams Management the past  4 years or so have shown that they aren’t idiots if you look at their record over that time compared to the rest of the League.. 

I think this move makes them better in 2021 than this year and the NFC is weak..

Does it make them better long term? No way but that’s the road they have chosen to go down..

Edited by Aussie Joe

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not a Garoppolo fan?

I don't see Goff as being the QB for an Anthony Lynn offensive system in Detroit.

Bigger fan of Jimmy G than Nick Mullens, that's for sure. I was assuming he's out of San Francisco but I'm looking into it now and opinions seem mixed as of about 12 hours ago, so maybe he'll stick. There was a ton of chatter in recent weeks that he was out and Stafford would land in San Francisco, so had they lost out on both it would have been a mess.

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Stafford as trade leaves them with $19M in dead money, $14M savings vs. the $33M cap hit he had on the books this year. 

Goff as trade gives them $22M of dead cap and saves them $12.75M vs the $34.95M they had on the books

BUT, Stafford will be due $27,5M in salary and big honkin' roster bonus from the Rams.

I think they will play it like the Saints did the past 3 years and push that debt down the road.     Their rationale would be having a "#1 defense" right now justifies going for it.

• Like (+1) 2

Did the Rams think they were trading the Texans for Watson in giving up all those picks?

For Stafford...?

Since the Lions now owe Goff more than $43 million in guaranteed money over the next two years...

The Rams, 7 years with no first round pick...

Anyway, I'm of the frame of mind that all other NFL teams are looking at Buffalo and saying how did we miss on this kid?

The Jets...the Browns 2x...Denver...the NY Giants...Indy...

Edited by Nihilarian

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Info is from Overthecap and may be off here and there from Spotrac

Not a Garoppolo fan?

Cooper Kupp:worthy:

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

What is the love affair with Stafford. Goff last season had a typical Stafford-like season statistically. 

Their career TD%, and INT% is almost identical. 

One of these two has actually won playoff games. 

Stafford is not much of an improvement over Goff. 

I was having a look at the 49ers and Seahawks message boards... they seem to think differently...

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

What is the love affair with Stafford. Goff last season had a typical Stafford-like season statistically. 

Their career TD%, and INT% is almost identical. 

One of these two has actually won playoff games. 

Stafford is not much of an improvement over Goff. 

I guess the theory is that Stafford has been held back by his crappy organization and that Goff has been propped up by the rest of the team and McVay.

But I'm guessing the truth is somewhere in the middle for both players. I don't see this changing the Rams significantly.

• Like (+1) 1