Forgotten cautionary tales of Reich's Colts

3 minutes ago, eball said:

The Colts are a good, solid football team with excellent coaching.  Anyone who thinks the Bills will "roll" them is just feeling a little too high & mighty right now.

If the Bills DO wind up winning a laugher I can't imagine what this board is going to look like next week (but I'd like to see it).

This is the 2nd most confident I have been this year in the Bills winning a game by double digits. The most confident was the 2nd NE game.

I feel like I am fairly grounded and realistic. I think it makes perfect sense for Bills fans to be confident in a resounding win. Obviously it's possible that it won't happen like that, but that's the NFL. Anything is possible.

I do, however, think it is likely that the first half will be close and that the Colts defense makes Allen struggle. But eventually the Bills will figure it out and I think the 2nd half will not be close.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Colts held the ball for 37:15 in their win over the Chiefs. I bet we see the same ball-control approach this week. This might be the first time we see a team really focus the game plan on keeping Josh and the offense off the field.

Guess we might see Bills show their seldom used base 4-3 with Milano, Tremaine and AJ Klein on the field together versus Indy's  TE heavy 12 and 13 formations which they use 21% and 8% of the time respectively.  Indy uses 11 formation (3WR) 69% of time.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I've already predicted that the Bills win big (28 points).  This game will not be close.

I like it!!

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

My only concern was that they may tighten up with all the win in the playoffs talk and not wanting to let the 6,700 down. Then I saw this 😂

This made my afternoon. Bring on gametime!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I think we'll roll the Colts, but there ARE two cautionary tales...

2019: Reich's Colts go to Kansas City on a Sunday night and shut down Mahomes' high-powered offense, winning 19-13.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap?gameId=401128053

2018, Wild Card playoffs: Reich's Colts go on the road and bury Watson and the Texans, 21-7.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=401038952

Different players, sure, but same regime. These games are part of their experience.

True.... but then again they also got smoked 31-13 by a high powered offense on the road in Arrowhead the week after they beat the Texans.  

The also struggled with a 1-15 team last week in a game they had to win. 

I wouldn’t take too much from instances these loses in the past, the same way we shouldn’t take too much from even more distant victories.  

0-0 in the playoffs.  Nothing before matters

8 hours ago, ProcessAccepted said:

My only concern was that they may tighten up with all the win in the playoffs talk and not wanting to let the 6,700 down. Then I saw this 😂

Diggs looked like he’s dancing just fine!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

That’s really their only chance.....other than the refs calling a blindside block when we’re about to win.

I would assume that our game plan on D is to focus on shutting down the run.  I’d hope that we see a few 3 LB sets thrown in there.  I know it’s rare for us, but I think we might need it this week

im all for the make rivers beat you approach. Crowd the line, send pressure, Phil tends to rush getting the ball out and check down a lot in that situation. Mix up coverage but don’t worry about a deep ball til he hits one. Gotta attack

9 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Guess we might see Bills show their seldom used base 4-3 with Milano, Tremaine and AJ Klein on the field together versus Indy's  TE heavy 12 and 13 formations which they use 21% and 8% of the time respectively.  Indy uses 11 formation (3WR) 69% of time.

I agree. McFrazier are gonna have to play chess with the sub packages. 

11 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

If it makes you feel better, remember that they shouldn't even be in the playoffs this year! 

We are basically playing what should have been the first team to be eliminated from the playoffs.

I know.  Doesn't make me feel better either!  Worrying is in my blood, but I think we'll be fine.  

😂

😆 Never saw a scenario where a team entered the final game of a season with a chance to win their division or miss the playoffs completely. 

18 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Colts held the ball for 37:15 in their win over the Chiefs. I bet we see the same ball-control approach this week. This might be the first time we see a team really focus the game plan on keeping Josh and the offense off the field.

The problem with this equation is Rivers. Not a ball controll kind of QB. He throws picks, more importantly fumbles...especially in cold weather games.

Also he cannot run. Im just going blind here, but i bet QB mobility played a huge role in that clock control.