Forgotten cautionary tales of Reich's Colts

20 hours ago, eball said:

The Colts are a good, solid football team with excellent coaching.  Anyone who thinks the Bills will "roll" them is just feeling a little too high & mighty right now.

If the Bills DO wind up winning a laugher I can't imagine what this board is going to look like next week (but I'd like to see it).

Yep. It’s Wild Card weekend - literally anything can happen and usually does. Frankly, I don’t know what it is about the first round in the playoffs but it’s always slow to start with most teams, and a defensive battle until one team settles first.

Starting fast and forcing the game into Rivers’ hands is key to minimizing Taylor, and setting the pace throughout the game. Again, for whatever reason, the team’s that efficiently and effectively set the pace first typically carry it through in the first round.

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

im all for the make rivers beat you approach. Crowd the line, send pressure, Phil tends to rush getting the ball out and check down a lot in that situation. Mix up coverage but don’t worry about a deep ball til he hits one. Gotta attack

Which leads me to this 👍

The hope with starting fast is minimizing the ability of the Colts to make it a possession game predicated on Taylor providing the continuity and that stout OL. Whether we are able to start fast and set the pace or not, I think we see a lot of LOS presnap packages with mixed coverage, but otherwise bringing relentless pressure to force the ball into Rivers’ hands and out early. He’s wicked fast with his release but his arm strength has never really been there. As long as our safeties and DBs stay disciplined in coverage I think we’ll handle the deep ball just fine. But this game will come down to pace and like almost every playoff game, who wins the LOS more on both sides of the ball.

Some ST points would be huge this week too.