trump supporters

The first public comment from the POTUS after 5 people died and an assault to our nationals capitol.

@Deranged Rhino@Buffalo_Gal@Foxx - YOU OWN THIS.

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!" / Twitter

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

The first public comment from the POTUS after 5 people died and an assault to our nationals capitol.

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!" / Twitter

He's a loser and so are his followers.  Actually, the followers are losers and he's a traitor.  Some of the followers are also traitors.  I have Dave Bellavia on this morning, and I'm so disgusted with his "whataboutism" that I had to turn him off.  I've just had enough with the "what about Antifa" "election fraud" "Pelosi/Schumer" lies.  The election fraud hoax is what got us into this mess, and we can get out of it together or we can continue stumble along in this fractured state of dual realities and see how that turns out.  No matter, Trump has got to go.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

If you'd like me to answer sincerely, it was not easy. and it is mostly based on their continued support of Donald J. Trump. Not about being a Republican. Not about being conservative. It is about their continued support for a racist and a traitor. 

in the last 4 years, it also revealed ugliness in their character regarding race, money, fear of losing their place as a white male. But for me, it is about Donald J. Trump.

Anyone that continues to support him at this moment is dead to me forever. Sorry if that bothers you. I would never write someone off over politics alone. A mentor and favorite family member is conservative/lifelong republican. I respect them. I love them. 

But do you really think this moment in history isn't consequential enough to have these negative consequences? I don't invoke the civil war because I want one, I just want to make the point that that moment tore apart families and friends. lines were drawn.

I believe this to be a line drawing moment. Sorry you disagree.

Well you have by your reply restored some faith by saying it was a hard decision but i have a "Favorite uncle" that is very liberal i don't agree with some of his ways of thinking but i would never allow a political belief to separate me from this person because although we are different in our beliefs he is much more important than any lying ass politician that in reality doesn't give a crap about you or me but i know my uncle does even given our differences !!

I'm not going to say that i haven't by personal decision put a lot of distance between a family member and myself but for reasons far worse than voting for a politician (IMHO) it just goes to show exactly how much the family circle has been divided (In part due to intentional actions of some politicians past and present) to divide the core of what use to be a sacred entity with in America the family . 

Because at the end of the day Joe's not going to give a S**T about you or me he's going to do what he thinks will get him more votes same with Trump (Right or wrong) and even after all the BS his son has put his family through with the addictions and what ever other problems he's caused in their family you can bet he's not going to abandon him for you no matter what you think or feel .

If it's any consolation i hope you find some common ground to enjoy your favorite uncle again before his day is called because once their gone there's no turning back i pray you put your differences aside and enjoy him for the person that you said is you favorite uncle politics be dammed it is not worth that separation and if politics is put before family we are all screwed !!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Shouldn't he get prepared for his daily prison pegging?

Who let the child back on twitter. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

Well you have by your reply restored some faith by saying it was a hard decision but i have a "Favorite uncle" that is very liberal i don't agree with some of his ways of thinking but i would never allow a political belief to separate me from this person because although we are different in our beliefs he is much more important than any lying ass politician that in reality doesn't give a crap about you or me but i know my uncle does even given our differences !!

I'm not going to say that i haven't by personal decision put a lot of distance between a family member and myself but for reasons far worse than voting for a politician (IMHO) it just goes to show exactly how much the family circle has been divided (In part due to intentional actions of some politicians past and present) to divide the core of what use to be a sacred entity with in America the family . 

Because at the end of the day Joe's not going to give a S**T about you or me he's going to do what he thinks will get him more votes same with Trump (Right or wrong) and even after all the BS his son has put his family through with the addictions and what ever other problems he's caused in their family you can bet he's not going to abandon him for you no matter what you think or feel .

If it's any consolation i hope you find some common ground to enjoy your favorite uncle again before his day is called because once their gone there's no turning back i pray you put your differences aside and enjoy him for the person that you said is you favorite uncle politics be dammed it is not worth that separation and if politics is put before family we are all screwed !!

I get what you are saying, but I don't view this through a strict prism of "politics". Treason transcends politics. Sedition transcends politics. 

And his other traitorous actions started in 2016. Anyone that doesn't see it has had their head in the sand. So this isn't about blue vs. red, conservative vs. liberal, it is simply about being extremely worried for the rule of law and our country under the leadership of a traitor. and the fact that 75 million people voted for one is just simply, exhausting, maddening, sad. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nineforty said:

I get what you are saying, but I don't view this through a strict prism of "politics". Treason transcends politics. Sedition transcends politics. 

And his other traitorous actions started in 2016. Anyone that doesn't see it has had their head in the sand. So this isn't about blue vs. red, conservative vs. liberal, it is simply about being extremely worried for the rule of law and our country under the leadership of a traitor. and the fact that 75 million people voted for one is just simply, exhausting, maddening, sad. 

I agree. Anyone who puts Trump above Country isn't worth the time of day. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

I would love to continue our conversation as to understand because there is a lot that i just don't get . Communication is key to understanding but here is not that place . Be safe & healthy ...

2 hours ago, Nineforty said:

then stay the ***** out of the conversation and don't chime in stating that we take sedition and coup attempts too seriously.  you are a child. or troll? either way, shut the ***** up. 

STFU you effing turd!

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Ps one death was a cop beaten... another heart attack due to tasing himself in the balls causing a heart attack while trying to steal a photo from Speaker Hall of Tip O'Neil not sure about the other...  of course one airforce lady shot and 50 officers hurt.

several cops were shot and killed during summer protests.  I just want the same outrage irrespective of your politics. 

why can’t it all be bad, uncivilized and wrong??

This is why it’s not getting solved, no one wants to. There is insistence there is a right vs wrong here, and not just a whole lot of wrong.  

until the two party system is removed this is only getting worse. 

2 hours ago, meazza said:

Not only that but he also put me on ignore.  That's huge.  I am a pretty big deal around here.

You're the Canadian Enrique Iglesais-- a man with a smooth jazz rhythm in his soul and boy-next-door good looks.  Men wanna be your friend and girls wanna get wit ya.

Who would put you on ignore?  

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

several cops were shot and killed during summer protests.  I just want the same outrage irrespective of your politics. 

This is why it’s not getting solved, no one wants to. There is insistence there is a right vs wrong here, and not just a whole lot of wrong.  

The old expression "out if the mouth of babes with screen names Over 29 years of fanhood..." is relevant here. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, meazza said:

Your country has been going down this ***** hole for the last twenty years. It didn’t start with trump and it won’t end with him.  

So yeah, take a step off the ledge.  Your elections are a sham anyways.  Coke vs Pepsi.  Both will give you diabetes and make you fat.  

I’m not sure which country you hail from, I can’t dispute all of this. 

all the energy spent on bussing and feeding voters to get to polls, gerrymandering, all the attack adds, the lies, the slander, the manipulation, the politically oriented news channels, dead people voting. Not to mention all the self serving scumbags that infest all these offices.

The only comforting bit is since both parties do all this and more, the absolute  outcome/verdict is probably correct... unless one party is way better at lying cheating stealing than the other, which I doubt.

Like football, it’s a copycat league. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Reports from Trump aides was that he was pleased with the mob and violent chaos.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-was-pleased-as-mob-stormed-capitol-report-says

This fits his personality profile; a win at all costs - be it lying, cheating, bullying, lawsuits & courts, or pressuring election bodies into "finding votes" and when all those fail, rather than accept a legitimate defeat, throw a national tantrum via proxy by enticing his maga drones to riot at our nation's capital.

For Trump this was a pleasing expression of the power he holds over his base, I am sure he got off on it. That fits better with all we have come to know about his personality.

It was not out of empathy or concern for others that he called off his dogs. It was out of legal self-preservation.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Why are some of our exiles returning?

Was the nutcase Q-inspired fiction on the other site too much for even them?

Welcome back.

Maybe they are slowly snapping out of it after watching the events unfold?

On 1/6/2021 at 6:25 PM, Chris farley said:

That quick you lefties hate protest and occupation.  And love cops killing unarmed protesters.  

The left is incapable of independent thought.  

And a significant part of the "right" seems incapable of sane thought.

22 hours ago, TBBills said:

You have been brainwashed by the cult of a man who used propaganda to spread lies. The man took the easily pursuaded and feeble minded and turned them against the country.

He was pointing out that you misspelled Capitol as "capital".   The Capitol is the building that was invaded by domestic terrorists on Wednesday afternoon.  States can also have State Capitols.   "Capital" is the city that's the seat of federal or state government.  

• Like (+1) 1

Trump plans trip next week to the Mexican border.

The president quietly made plans to take a trip next week to the southwestern border to highlight his hard-line immigration policies, which have inflamed Washington over the years, according to a person briefed on the planning. He also told advisers he wanted to give a media exit interview, which they presumed might undercut any conciliatory notes. But the first family has discussed leaving the White House for good on Jan. 19, the day before the inauguration.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/08/us/trump-biden

Maybe Mexico will give him asylum.

The least we can hope for is that they'll permanently separate him from his adult children.

51 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I work with officers in our ER everyday and do respect the job they do always, lot of very good ones in a tough job. need to rid them of 1% bad ones 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You feel good about yourself?  

234.jpg

Appalling.  In 2020 and 2021 that makes almost 500 police officers killed or injured by political riots and ‘protests’...

I do t know how anyone can be convinced to do this job anymore. 

4 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

I work with officers in our ER everyday and do respect the job they do always, lot of very good ones in a tough job. need to rid them of 1% bad ones 

Yeah - it’s unfortunate... I agree it sees like there should be a systemic way to find the personalities that are are poor fits for the job. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Maybe they are slowly snapping out of it after watching the events unfold?

I have my doubts.

There has been a stubborn delusional alternate reality that Trump and certain propaganda outlets have nutured purely for literal and political coinage.

I do not doubt that many maga folks have grievances, but they have allowed petty power-brokers to prey upon them to this end.

It takes patient reading of government reports and bills (not just accepting the cliff-notes version twisted to fit an agenda), fact-checking (you have to be open to facts), Twitter-abstinence is healthy, and a recommittment to the benefits  of staying within our nation's laws, democratic processes and norms to affect change.

Remember career political swamp creature and fixer William Barr who shielded and propped Trump and the Office of the Presidency up time and time again...too late did the realization hit him of the danger those actions could lead to.

What a buffoon. 

https://www.fox29.com/news/barr-says-trump-conduct-amid-us-capitol-violence-betrayal-of-presidency

A good start is to vote less self-serving extremist and nut jobs into political office.

That means as voters we need to be more motivated and more responsible than just voting party lines or doing some kind of eeney-meeney-miney-moe on ballots.

That's how you create change in a democracy, not storm our nation's Capital and ransack the place.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2

On 1/6/2021 at 4:25 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is a good post on some levels, it's probably where most of us in the middle agree.  Personally, when taken as a whole, I view law enforcement as a whole of being guilty of systemic heroism at their best, consistently decent citizenship on the whole.  I base that primarily on the numbers--millions of fellow citizens doing the job, tens of millions of interactions each year, and stories like the officers clearing the area around the Nashville bomb at great risk to themselves. 

On the body camera issue, a client of mine is a police office who was talking to me about this a couple years ago.  His thought echoed what many police officers thought then--that body cameras would vindicate officers far more frequently than not, and for those that were not vindicated--that was a good thing.  His response was pretty much on point--the body camera footage was not going to reveal what the liberal left was hoping it would on a wide spread basis. 

I haven't talked with him in a while, but I'm wondering what he feels now that the rules of engagement are being changed as we speak.  The Jakob Blake case comes to mind where, from the perspective of the police officer--the best course of action was actually not to respond at all. 

As for Portland, I don't know, I guess whether or not the protests were mostly peaceful sorta depends on whether or not you were directly impacted by the lawlessness.  

What we can agree on is that more training would not hurt, a clarification of the rules of engagement would make sense so that well-intentioned people would know whether or not the occupation was worth pursuing, and off-loading domestic violence calls to counselors will certain reduce the potential for officer-involved shootings.  

On this note:  https://dailygazette.com/2020/11/17/former-schenectady-county-jail-guard-arrested-for-attack-that-left-detainee-hospitalized/

I knew this young man and his family on a casual basis up until he was 20 or 21.  His family remains friendly with friends of mine.  Nice enough kid, comes from a good family (near as I can tell), and yet he apparently assaulted a prisoner in custody.  I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want this type of job for a number of reasons, but it does make me wonder how the heck he got so far off the rails as to end up in this predicament. Would all the training in the world prevent this?  I don't think so.  

Spot on here

• Like (+1) 1

Trump's cowardice.

Something that has been largely ignored in the thousands of media accounts and reflections on Wednesday's outrage.

Trump's speech clearly indicate that he would be walking with his supporters to the Capitol. 

Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down and I'll be there with you. We're going to walk down--

We're going to walk down. Anyone you want, but I think right here, we're going to walk down to the Capitol--

And then his minions did walk to the Capitol. Some smashed their way inside the Capitol.

And Trump? He got back into his motorcade and returned to the White House. He didn't lead the march at all.

Given the crowd, I've seen some of the protesters (and yes, there were some there to protest only, not to riot) say that they were under the impression right up to reaching the Capitol steps that Trump was actually leading the march. He wasn't. He was hiding, letting others do his bidding. 

John Lewis led a march across the Edmund Pettus bridge. Led a march. Didn't tell his group they would be crossing the bridge only to hop into a car and go back to watch the march on TV. When he knew he'd be arrested or worse; he was beaten. That's why when he died he was hailed as a hero.

Trump? A coward to the end.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Why are some of our exiles returning?

Was the nutcase Q-inspired fiction on the other site too much for even them?

Welcome back.

Why? Because the events that happened on Wednesday is a direct reflection on you and your ilk. You all laughed and danced when rioters burned cities, when election laws were changed unconstitutionally, when election irregularities were disregarded. I came back to see if you all were rejoicing by the events on Wednesday because those events lay squarely on your shoulders.

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Reports from Trump aides was that he was pleased with the mob and violent chaos.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-was-pleased-as-mob-stormed-capitol-report-says

This fits his personality profile; a win at all costs - be it lying, cheating, bullying, lawsuits & courts, or pressuring election bodies into "finding votes" and when all those fail, rather than accept a legitimate defeat, throw a national tantrum via proxy by enticing his maga drones to riot at our nation's capital.

For Trump this was a pleasing expression of the power he holds over his base, I am sure he got off on it. That fits better with all we have come to know about his personality.

It was not out of empathy or concern for others that he called off his dogs. It was out of legal self-preservation.

Let me guess--and I haven't read it yet.  Anonymous sources?  Sources deep within?  

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Appalling.  In 2020 and 2021 that makes almost 500 police officers killed or injured by political riots and ‘protests’...

I do t know how anyone can be convinced to do this job anymore. 

Yeah - it’s unfortunate... I agree it sees like there should be a systemic way to find the personalities that are are poor fits for the job. 

Your numbers aren't right.  2021 isn't even 10 days old.   Maybe you meant 2019 and 2020.

According to the nleomf.org stats for 2019, 135 police officers died in the line of duty, divided up by firearms related, traffic accident related, and other causes including job-related illnesses.   The National Law Enforcement Officer Memorial and Museum has only published stats for half of 2020: 65 LOD deaths, including 27 by firearms, 26 in traffic accidents, and 12 other, including 5 from Covid 19.   That was 14% less than the 76 who had died during the same period in 2019.  (National Law Enforcement Officer Memorial and Museum)

According to the FBI, only 89 LEOs died in line of duty incidents due to "felonious acts" or accidents in 2019.  The stats from 2020 won't be available for several more months.  (FBI stats)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Let me guess--and I haven't read it yet.  Anonymous sources?  Sources deep within?  

Yeah it is more realistic to believe Trump grew a conscience.

We have been down this path too many times where you wrap reasonable dialogue in blind devotion to that demagogue.

It is a dead end and you are case study of those that will never accept the truth even as that man steers this nation off the rails and over a cliff.

So whatever, we will agree to disagree.

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Trump's cowardice.

Something that has been largely ignored in the thousands of media accounts and reflections on Wednesday's outrage.

Trump's speech clearly indicate that he would be walking with his supporters to the Capitol. 

Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we're going to walk down and I'll be there with you. We're going to walk down--

We're going to walk down. Anyone you want, but I think right here, we're going to walk down to the Capitol--

And then his minions did walk to the Capitol. Some smashed their way inside the Capitol.

And Trump? He got back into his motorcade and returned to the White House. He didn't lead the march at all.

Given the crowd, I've seen some of the protesters (and yes, there were some there to protest only, not to riot) say that they were under the impression right up to reaching the Capitol steps that Trump was actually leading the march. He wasn't. He was hiding, letting others do his bidding. 

John Lewis led a march across the Edmund Pettus bridge. Led a march. Didn't tell his group they would be crossing the bridge only to hop into a car and go back to watch the march on TV. When he knew he'd be arrested or worse; he was beaten. That's why when he died he was hailed as a hero.

Trump? A coward to the end.

Crazy Rudy and Baby Trump, Jr, too.    Incited the mob and then ran for cover in their limos and private jets and left the little guys to do the dirty work.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Why? Because the events that happened on Wednesday is a direct reflection on you and your ilk. You all laughed and danced when rioters burned cities, when election laws were changed unconstitutionally, when election irregularities were disregarded. I came back to see if you all were rejoicing by the events on Wednesday because those events lay squarely on your shoulders.

Those are not good excuses to bring pipe bombs into the National Legislature and to murder police officers. What's wrong with you? 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You did see the video of Don Jr. savoring every moment of it didn't you?  You did read Trumps tweets didn't you????  Maybe for once make your own 2 eyes and ears the source

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

No one likes blacks being murdered by police OR burning cities.  Get that through your thick skull.  Laughed and danced????  Can I please see your proof of ANYONE who wasn't directly involved in the riot doing that.  Now tell me which of the laws that were changed due to Covid that caused ANY people to vote for a candidate not of their choosing?????R u mad people got to vote????????????????    Last, there was recount after recount.  Court case after court case.   Investigation after investigation PROVING no fraud.  You sir, are clearly just butthurt that your guy lost.  Not as butthurt as he is, but still pretty bad.  Grow up, and start acting like an American.  I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but you're wayyyyy off base with completely unsubstantiated nonsense claims.  If you have proof of ANY of this, then show it!!!

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Yeah it is more realistic to believe Trump grew a conscience.

We have been down this path too many times where you wrap reasonable dialogue in blind devotion to that demagogue.

It is a dead end and you are case study of those that will never accept the truth even as that man steers this nation off the rails and over a cliff.

So whatever, we will agree to disagree.

Maybe, but on the other hand, you're a case study in accepting a rumor based in a riddle wrapped in speculation as absolute, unquestionable fact.   I've never understood why people would accept as fact something this incendiary without question, blindly loyal (ironically) to a commercial endeavor with a widely acknowledged slant toward reporting stories a certain way.  I rarely see it in any other walk of life, blind loyalty to the rumor and grist mill.  We learned all of this by about 5th grade, yet, here you are.  

Far be it from me to suggest that in everyday life, you would be rightly accused of being lead around by the nose without a shred of evidence backing up the claim.  But, tarry on, you can trust everything you read. 

29 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Well, that's a special kind of blame shifting.

So now that you folks are back, please answer the following:

1. Do you believe Trump acted appropriately in encouraging his supporters to come to DC on the morning of 1/6, stating that it will be "wild"?

2. Do you believe Trump's speech, and the speeches of the others he invited (Giuliani) were appropriate, including comments about proceeding to the Capitol and referring to this as "combat"?

3. Do you believe Trump acted appropriately in the timing and substance of his statements to his supporters after it became obvious that this had descended into a riot?

Edited by The Frankish Reich

20 minutes ago, daz28 said:

You did see the video of Don Jr. savoring every moment of it didn't you?  You did read Trumps tweets didn't you????  Maybe for once make your own 2 eyes and ears the source

Your willingness to accept commercialized rumor mongering because it catches you in the emotional bread basket is your burden, not mine.  I don't read Trump's tweets, I don't really read anyone's tweets, but it seems to me we would not need a left-leaning newspaper to write a National Enquirer type story citing mysterious anonymous sources highly placed in the WH if his tweets revealed exactly the same thing.  

But you go ahead and be outraged because Kimmi said that she overheard Jenni say that Ronnie had a side hustle with Nikki.  That sort of thing is always true, everyone knows that.  That's why it works.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Your willingness to accept commercialized rumor mongering because it catches you in the emotional bread basket is your burden, not mine.  I don't read Trump's tweets, I don't really read anyone's tweets, but it seems to me we would not need a left-leaning newspaper to write a National Enquirer type story citing mysterious anonymous sources highly placed in the WH if his tweets revealed exactly the same thing.  

But you go ahead and be outraged because Kimmi said that she overheard Jenni say that Ronnie had a side hustle with Nikki.  That sort of thing is always true, everyone knows that.  That's why it works.

Let's try this again:  Did you see the video of Don Jr. salivating over the terrorists during the insurrection???   Also, if your going to have an opinion, you might want to know what Trump's OWN tweet said.  NO WHERE did I cite anything other than what you can see and hear with your own 2 eyes and ears.  That was some fantasy you conjured up on your own.  A VERY weak deflection technique, imho

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Captkjhure.thumb.JPG.c009213025f4b35018d203e131bd6b9a.JPG

44 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

image.thumb.jpeg.7322f0510f96c6d95f943153044ef675.jpeg

cc: @Deranged Rhino

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, that's a special kind of blame shifting.

So now that you folks are back, please answer the following:

1. Do you believe Trump acted appropriately in encouraging his supporters to come to DC on the morning of 1/6, stating that it will be "wild"?

2. Do you believe Trump's speech, and the speeches of the others he invited (Giuliani) were appropriate, including comments about proceeding to the Capitol and referring to this as "combat"?

3. Do you believe Trump acted appropriately in the timing and substance of his statements to his supporters after it became obvious that this had descended into a riot?

Why not make it easier on them, and ask one simple question.  Was it ok for Trump to falsely claim that he won the election in a landslide when he had absolutely ZERO proof of it?????