trump supporters

Deaths from insurrection so far:

35 yr old Woman rioter shot by police -ashli babbit

55 yr old Rioter shot himself in testicles with taser and had a heart attack - kevin greeson

50 yr old rioter had stroke -benjamin phillips

42 yr old Police officer beaten to death with fire extinguisher blood clots in brain - brian sicknick

34 yr old female rioter from Georgia trampled by mob-roseanne boyland

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, that's a special kind of blame shifting.

So now that you folks are back, please answer the following:

1. Do you believe Trump acted appropriately in encouraging his supporters to come to DC on the morning of 1/6, stating that it will be "wild"? 

2. Do you believe Trump's speech, and the speeches of the others he invited (Giuliani) were appropriate, including comments about proceeding to the Capitol and referring to this as "combat"?

3. Do you believe Trump acted appropriately in the timing and substance of his statements to his supporters after it became obvious that this had descended into a riot?

1. Yes. 

2.Yes

3.Yes

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

55 yr old Rioter shot himself in testicles with taser and had a heart attack - kevin greeson

42 yr old Police officer beaten to death with fire extinguisher blood clots in brain - brian sicknick

We shouldn't have to use any stats or data to convince ANYONE that an insurrection is bad unless they are working with an IQ under 60. It's mind numbing to me that anyone would even try to whatabout something like people trying to overthrow our government with a coup.  It's like a huge group of Americans are petulant children.  GROW UP! 

• Like (+1) 1

You are either a troll, or completely mentally deficient.

I can answer that for you, because he clearly skipped right over my posts, which were a lot harder to hide obvious trolling.  He's here to try to make other people as miserable as him and Covid Donnie.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, daz28 said:

Let's try this again:  Did you see the video of Don Jr. salivating over the terrorists during the insurrection???   Also, if your going to have an opinion, you might want to know what Trump's OWN tweet said.  NO WHERE did I cite anything other than what you can see and hear with your own 2 eyes and ears.  That was some fantasy you conjured up on your own.  A VERY weak deflection technique, imho

Before we try again, let's establish some ground rules.  I made no comments about "Don Jr", and I'm assuming the anonymous sourcing issue I have long taken issue with wasn't about Don Jr speaking to his aides.  If it was, feel free to share.  If not, was "Don Jr" the issue you wanted to discuss?  

As for Trump's "own tweet", feel free to share.  It's your argument, not mine.  

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Before we try again, let's establish some ground rules.  I made no comments about "Don Jr", and I'm assuming the anonymous sourcing issue I have long taken issue with wasn't about Don Jr speaking to his aides.  If it was, feel free to share.  If not, was "Don Jr" the issue you wanted to discuss?  

As for Trump's "own tweet", feel free to share.  It's your argument, not mine.  

There's a video of Don Jr. watching and reveling AS THE COUP WAS TAKING PLACE.  Did you see it??? 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Before we try again, let's establish some ground rules

Every time I've seen your ilk run behind "establishing ground rules" it only serves to skirt the issue, and then are immediately broken by the person who tried to set them in the first place.

You have it right from the horses' mouths. There is no hiding anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

Every time I've seen your ilk run behind "establishing ground rules" it only serves to skirt the issue, and then are immediately broken by the person who tried to set them in the first place.

I give up!

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

There's a video of Don Jr. watching and reveling AS THE COUP WAS TAKING PLACE.  Did you see it??? 

Look, I try to keep this civil, but at risk of being labelled a douche why the %$#@ are you asking me about Don Jr on  NYT article citing anonymous sources about his father?   I know that Hunter banged his deceased brother's wife but does that mean Joe did to?   I wouldn't think so, but I have to be honest--I think you guys would buy it if the right publication quoted a local Starbucks barista saying she saw it happen. 

Send the tweet or move on.  I understand how you feel, it really should be as simple as sending a copy of the tweet. 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Look, I try to keep this civil, but at risk of being labelled a douche why the %$#@ are you asking me about Don Jr on  NYT article citing anonymous sources about his father?   I know that Hunter banged his deceased brother's wife but does that mean Joe did to?   I wouldn't think so, but I have to be honest--I think you guys would buy it if the right publication quoted a local Starbucks barista saying she saw it happen. 

Send the tweet or move on.  I understand how you feel, it really should be as simple as sending a copy of the tweet. 

Another Trump tweet that was blocked, which appeared as the violence unfolded, read, “These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long.”

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Don't take things out of context DocDawk, it makes you look shallow.  

I'm happy to look at the tweet that Daz referenced that supports what he said it did.  Following the logic, I complained about anonymous sources, he referenced a DJT tweet that he indicated clearly backed up the anonymous source.  He asked if I saw the tweet, I replied that I had not.  His next reply was moved to Don Jr.  I've replied to that.  Now you jump in, referencing the horses mouth.  

How hard is it for you brave and noble souls to send the tweet? 

10 hours ago, meazza said:

Is that a real question ? This took a split second to google.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/7015013/george-floyd-protests-st-louis-police-shot/amp/

Yes it was a real question.

Soooo... the answer is no?

No officers dead there.  And I'm not trivializing them being shot, but my question was if any died.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You're the Canadian Enrique Iglesais-- a man with a smooth jazz rhythm in his soul and boy-next-door good looks.  Men wanna be your friend and girls wanna get wit ya.

Who would put you on ignore?  

Thank you.  I needed the confidence booster today.

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Don't take things out of context DocDawk, it makes you look shallow.  

I'm happy to look at the tweet that Daz referenced that supports what he said it did.  Following the logic, I complained about anonymous sources, he referenced a DJT tweet that he indicated clearly backed up the anonymous source.  He asked if I saw the tweet, I replied that I had not.  His next reply was moved to Don Jr.  I've replied to that.  Now you jump in, referencing the horses mouth.  

How hard is it for you brave and noble souls to send the tweet? 

It's all good.  What do you make of the tweet?

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Best coup ever 

e41d739ed87106c214aa15175e3f6978

This clown needs to take it easy on the coup-laid.  It's gonna cost him a federal felony.  The worst thing that can happen to a person, but he did get to look like an imbecile terrorist along the way.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And she was carrying a Don't Tread on Me Flag.

Really.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I may need to be eliminated in the great cleanse many of those on the left and MSM is calling for, but I know a winner when I see one.  You sir are a winner. 

Do Canadians get cleansed as well? Asking so I can start preparing my will.  

1 minute ago, meazza said:

Serious question: is there a Canadian Trump? Mr. Wonderful was going to make a run, but he seems positively sensible compared to Trump.

Are there Canadians who want their own Trump/Trump-controlled Conservative Party?

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Serious question: is there a Canadian Trump? Mr. Wonderful was going to make a run, but he seems positively sensible compared to Trump.

Are there Canadians who want their own Trump/Trump-controlled Conservative Party?

There are some Canadians who are Trump supporters as far as I can tell.  I believe Maxime Bernier was considered a softer version of Trump but he didn't make it very far.  

Just now, meazza said:

There are some Canadians who are Trump supporters as far as I can tell.  I believe Maxime Bernier was considered a softer version of Trump but he didn't make it very far.  

Thanks. I'll be the first to admit that Americans are generally oblivious regarding the politics of our neighbors. I try to follow a bit, but I've never heard of Bernier and it does surprise me that a Quebecker would some closest to fitting the nationalist bill given that the dominant "nation" is Anglo. But what do I know about Canada.

Updated at 2:19 p.m. ET

The Department of Justice says Richard Barnett, identified as the man who sat at a desk in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office during the siege of the U.S. Capitol by pro-Trump extremists, has been arrested.

Barnett was taken into custody in his home state of Arkansas. His identity and place of residence became a hot topic of discussion online, sparked by the striking photo of him with his feet up on the desk.

Outrage over the photo and the insurrection in the seat of U.S. democracy triggered a harsh backlash against Barnett's hometown of Gravette, according to Mayor Kurt Maddox, who said on Friday, "Barnett is now in custody of the Federal Bureau of Investigation for a list of pending charges."

The city had been closely monitoring the situation, the mayor said.

https://www.npr.org/sections/congress-electoral-college-tally-live-updates/2021/01/08/954940681/man-who-posed-for-photos-sitting-at-desk-in-pelosis-office-has-been-arrested

It's all good.  What do you make of the tweet?

You're asking a lot--you're asking me to take what you wrote as gospel and that's not normally my thing. 

“These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long.”

That said, this doesn't strike me as celebrating violence, death or destruction in the least as suggested in the anonymous sourcing.  It strikes me as resignation that the vote was rigged, that people were extremely frustrated by that fact.   

Before you all go jumping on me for that--it's the same sort of rhetoric used when other leaders spoke about violence and rioting and looked the other way for political gain.   At the same time, Trump has been widely criticized and excoriated for being exceptionally blunt in his manner and tone (often fairly, and one of the things I didn't particularly care for during his presidency), I'm quite certain he was capable of being direct and candid if he wanted to celebrate violence.  Again, at the risk of being repetitive, if this tweet was beyond question we don't need double secret sourcing, do we? 

I asked our boy @transplantbillsfan to be so gracious as to provide the top 3 or 4 reasons that R voters were 95% behind DJT (his numbers, not mine) at one point in the thread about finding common ground.  I'm actually pretty interested in his response based on some of the comments he shared there and the way a whole boatload of you folks think you think we think. 

Stepping away from this for an issue, having answered as honestly as I can:

Do you think Biden's comments that BLM protestors would have been treated differently by law enforcement had they stormed the Capitol?  I see an armed response, physical interaction, acts of bravery against anarchists, lines drawn and a reportedly unarmed women shot in the neck and killed.  No shots to the leg, no silly rubber bullets, no allowing the ragers to rage, just some really special folks sworn to uphold the law doing the best they can to uphold the law against poor odds.  So far, no calls to defund the Capitol police from lawmakers or soon-to-be President Biden, just the insinuation that the response was racially disproportionate because the dead folks are white.  What say you? 

25 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Speaking of ladies reaping what they sow:

Disclose.tv 🚨 on Twitter: "JUST IN - Lindsey Graham approached by an angry crowd at the airport in DC, ranting "You traitor." https://t.co/usNJMMpt8B" / Twitter

Their messiah is not only going to be the worst president in history, but he destroyed EVERY member of his party, too.  They played a very dangerous gambit, and lost harder than they could have EVER imagined.

You're asking a lot--you're asking me to take what you wrote as gospel and that's not normally my thing. 

“These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long.”

That said, this doesn't strike me as celebrating violence, death or destruction in the least as suggested in the anonymous sourcing.  It strikes me as resignation that the vote was rigged, that people were extremely frustrated by that fact.   

Before you all go jumping on me for that--it's the same sort of rhetoric used when other leaders spoke about violence and rioting and looked the other way for political gain.   At the same time, Trump has been widely criticized and excoriated for being exceptionally blunt in his manner and tone (often fairly, and one of the things I didn't particularly care for during his presidency), I'm quite certain he was capable of being direct and candid if he wanted to celebrate violence.  Again, at the risk of being repetitive, if this tweet was beyond question we don't need double secret sourcing, do we? 

I asked our boy @transplantbillsfan to be so gracious as to provide the top 3 or 4 reasons that R voters were 95% behind DJT (his numbers, not mine) at one point in the thread about finding common ground.  I'm actually pretty interested in his response based on some of the comments he shared there and the way a whole boatload of you folks think you think we think. 

Do you think Biden's comments that BLM protestors would have been treated differently by law enforcement had they stormed the Capitol?  I see an armed response, physical interaction, acts of bravery against anarchists, lines drawn and a reportedly unarmed women shot in the neck and killed.  No shots to the leg, no silly rubber bullets, no allowing the ragers to rage, just some really special folks sworn to uphold the law doing the best they can to uphold the law against poor odds.  So far, no calls to defund the Capitol police from lawmakers or soon-to-be President Biden, just the insinuation that the response was racially disproportionate because the dead folks are white.  What say you? 

It's not anonymous sourcing.  THAT'S TRUMP actual tweet as he was watching it happen.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, meazza said:

No, but I think they lop off a limb or two.  It's a conversion thing, I think.  Honestly I'd say burn it all down just based on the metric system alone.  12's are so much easier to work with than 10s.  Don't forget , in the US, we get 12 donuts in a dozen while you poor bastards are out ordering a Decible of Timmy Hos.   Just imagine 4 people , 12 donuts, 3 each.  In Toronto, 4 people, 10 donuts, well that's Thunderdome man. 

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Their messiah is not only going to be the worst president in history, but he destroyed EVERY member of his party, too.  They played a very dangerous gambit, and lost harder than they could have EVER imagined.

It's not anonymous sourcing.  THAT'S TRUMP actual tweet as he was watching it happen.  

I addressed that. 

You didn't send a tweet, you sent me text in the body of your reply.  You said that it was deleted, I expressed concern about the format (it's not a Tweet, for God's sake I assume we can agree on that), and pushed forward with the assumption that it was accurate.   I provided the context important to share. 

Why are you yelling? 🙄

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I addressed that. 

You didn't send a tweet, you sent me text in the body of your reply.  You said that it was deleted, I expressed concern about the format (it's not a Tweet, for God's sake I assume we can agree on that), and pushed forward with the assumption that it was accurate.   I provided the context important to share. 

Why are you yelling? 🙄

I'm emphasizing.  Here's what the tweet said verbatim, “These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have ben badly & unfairly treated for so long.” 

Is there any possible way that a person could try to frame that as anything other than a high crime for the president to say that when the Capital of our country is being overrun by terrorist?  I mean he has a boatload of lawyers who will try, but to quote Biden, "C'mon man"

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think that BLM would have been treated more harshly.  I think the terrorists should have been treated more harshly, but I'm glad they didn't.  I was definitely surprised to see some officers moving barriers and basically escorting armed terrorists into our Capital.  Am I glad they didn't use more force?  Yes, but it certainly called for more force.  It probably should have been a bloodbath.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

No, but I think they lop off a limb or two.  It's a conversion thing, I think.  Honestly I'd say burn it all down just based on the metric system alone.  12's are so much easier to work with than 10s.  Don't forget , in the US, we get 12 donuts in a dozen while you poor bastards are out ordering a Decible of Timmy Hos.   Just imagine 4 people , 12 donuts, 3 each.  In Toronto, 4 people, 10 donuts, well that's Thunderdome man. 

That's wild.  I just sold all my assets and bought some precious metals.  

Will bury them in the back of my igloo for my loved ones.  My legacy will live on.

• Haha (+1) 1

The president was basically saying, that's what you get, as he watched an insurrection on our nation's Capital.  I don't believe that would be considered upholding the Constitution of the USA.

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1

The president was basically saying, that's what you get, as he watched an insurrection on our nation's Capital.  I don't believe that would be considered upholding the Constitution of the USA.

When was the last time any president actually respected the constitution?

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Looks like the freaks are coming back for more on Inauguration Day....

Who is Celestino T Perez? MAGA-backing ex-colonel threatens more violence ahead of Joe Biden inauguration

Untitled.jpg

Why is this guy not public enemy #1.  Why is he not in an ultimate security prison.  He is threatening ANOTHER insurrection.  What alternate fact world are we living in????????????????????????

1 minute ago, meazza said:

When was the last time any president actually respected the constitution?

That's the best you got?   They all root for the insurrection??????

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I'm emphasizing.  Here's what the tweet said verbatim, “These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have ben badly & unfairly treated for so long.” 

Is there any possible way that a person could try to frame that as anything other than a high crime for the president to say that when the Capital of our country is being overrun by terrorist?  I mean he has a boatload of lawyers who will try, but to quote Biden, "C'mon man"

You were emphasizing something I had addressed and imo was pretty clear on.  

Yes, of course there is room for differing opinions on that tweet.  It's not even close, especially sine your 'framing' (interesting word play) is in direct contrast to other things he said the same day. 

I asked about Biden's comments and you didn't offer an opinion.  I assume that's a no fly zone? 

6 minutes ago, meazza said:

That's wild.  I just sold all my assets and bought some precious metals.  

Will bury them in the back of my igloo for my loved ones.  My legacy will live on.

Dude-send me the address of the igloo just in case I survive the initial purge.  You can trust me. 

You were emphasizing something I had addressed and imo was pretty clear on.  

Yes, of course there is room for differing opinions on that tweet.  It's not even close, especially sine your 'framing' (interesting word play) is in direct contrast to other things he said the same day. 

I asked about Biden's comments and you didn't offer an opinion.  I assume that's a no fly zone? 

I did answer you, but seriously???  I will defend against enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.  Are we just gonna wipe our asses with the oath to the Constitution??????  There's no wiggle room here, those were his EXACT words as it was happening.  I can't "frame" his own words ffs.  

I did answer you, but seriously???  I will defend against enemies foreign and DOMESTIC.  Are we just gonna wipe our asses with the oath to the Constitution??????  There's no wiggle room here, those were his EXACT words as it was happening.  I can't "frame" his own words ffs.  

Seriously.  

My bad on the Biden race speech, I missed that part. My apologies. 

All I can say in response to your thoughts on Biden's comments are 'sheesh'. We live in different worlds, I'm not sure how much deader you can get then dead. Anyway, I appreciate the reply. 

9 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Why is this guy not public enemy #1.  Why is he not in an ultimate security prison.  He is threatening ANOTHER insurrection.  What alternate fact world are we living in????????????????????????

That's the best you got?   They all root for the insurrection??????

That's not what I said but the constitution as a form of anything but a reference whenever someone has a problem with legislation has been dead for a long time.

Tell yourself that I as a Canadian know more about your constitution than 70% of Americans.

6 minutes ago, meazza said:

That's not what I said but the constitution as a form of anything but a reference whenever someone has a problem with legislation has been dead for a long time.

Tell yourself that I as a Canadian know more about your constitution than 70% of Americans.

Ok, then  answer me this.  Did Trumps conduct during the coup fit this description?:  Alexander Hamilton, in Federalist 65, described impeachable offenses as arising from "the misconduct of public men, or in other words from the abuse or violation of some public trust".[6] Such offenses were "political, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself"