Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think the starters play, and if nothing is torn Beasley will be out there. Goes against my better jugdement as we're talking a bus trip to Pitt as the only really difference between the 2 and 3 seeds...

I sort of agree with you.  There's a point to be made, too, that Pittsburgh won't be a significant favorite to be any of the WC teams except for maybe the Browns.  So if you think Pittsburgh is likely to lose one of its next two games, then there's really no point in playing the starters next week.  

On the other hand, I think there's a couple of reasons to play them into the third quarter.  Allen came out slow after the bye this year.  We have a ton of momentum - why risk it?  We're sort of a thoroughbred offense right now, and a muddy track in Pittsburgh in round 2 could cause a problem.  Bass has had a good stroke lately, too, but isn't there "bad" wind in one of the ends of Heniz Field?

And, if I'm worried about one team aside from KC right now, it's the Ravens.  They have a good record against good teams, they're getting hot, and that gimmicky offense could sneak up on us, shorten a game, and take the ball away from our offense.  Winning avoids the Ravens in the first round.  

Glad it's not my call as to whether to play the 1s against Miami. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Not sure if this was discussed up thread, but I noticed Beasley hobbling last game too. I wonder if this is an aggravation and he is just dinged up in a variety of ways.  Your classic hockey-like “lower body injury.”

I was thinking the same thing.  He has hobbled after several games this season.

The thing that worried me is that he went to the locker room.   If it was just a routine ding I assumed he just would have hung out on the bench. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Davis isn’t as shifty as Beasley but I believe they said he can play any WR position on the field, and with John Brown coming back seems like he could fill in there (won’t be as effective obviously). Just hope Cole is ok. 

yeah I recall hearing Davis knew the playbook. The way Beasley played slot though, I think I read he just makes his route up on the fly... 

4 hours ago, hemma said:

how about Poyer .... did he have a concussion?

Agree on this......I would have to guess that he is in the protocol for it....specially since it was the refs who removed him from the game......edit....I am losing it he DID come back into the game.  Whew!

Edited by Kwai San

42 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That's from last year.

Not to mention that there are no locker room interviews at all this year...

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

One Bills Live just reported it as a foot injury.  Chris Brown said "Cole Beasley left the game with a foot injury."  I know they looked at his knee but perhaps the trainers were just doing an overall exam.

To be honest, I wouldn't put too much stock into that. They might know, but more likely they're just guessing based on whatever it looked like to the person at WGR who wrote the Sports Update.

2 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Man, I hope Beas and Allen can just get about 40 yards next week and shut it down. I want Allen to break Bledsoe's record and Beas to get his well deserved first 1K season.

After trying to get him to eclipse it last night up 38-9 in the 4th I highly doubt they make the same mistake twice.  He's probably sitting the finale and hopefully is good to go a week later.

5 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Love all this diagnosis by Internet doctors welcome to the world of telemedicine 

I don’t think there’s a whole lot of doctoring going on.   I’ve seen what you describe.  I think some measured people are talking about what they saw and what they understand  ...  kinda like we all do at water coolers and on barstools.

• Like (+1) 1

There is no way Beasley won't be in that game on Sunday.  4 catches for 34 yards and he is on the pine.  Just try and keep him out.  My take is he has been hurt all season and is playing through it.  Daboll will find some sideline routes for him to minimize contact.  oh.  IMHUO (in my humble uninformed opinion 🙂).  I expect last night's fourth quarter personnel to look like Sunday's second half personnel regardless of score.  Good chance to to get some reps for Barkley.

Cole Beasley Leaves MNF Game Late, Should Be OK Moving Forward

Cole Beasley left for the locker-room late in the fourth quarter after injuring his left foot on a route run. By video, he appeared to get his foot stuck in the turf and likely has a sprained foot but we are not expecting a significant injury. He was likely headed for precautionary x-rays and was held out due to the blowout score. 

From Pro Football Doc Dr. David Chao

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:
Cole Beasley Leaves MNF Game Late, Should Be OK Moving Forward

Cole Beasley left for the locker-room late in the fourth quarter after injuring his left foot on a route run. By video, he appeared to get his foot stuck in the turf and likely has a sprained foot but we are not expecting a significant injury. He was likely headed for precautionary x-rays and was held out due to the blowout score. 

From Pro Football Doc Dr. David Chao

That is great news if legit.