Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

I still think Smoke if out of the protocol, should play at least a couple of series with the ones, since he hasn't played in a bit. Be good for the coaches to know if he is full go at game speed.  He changes the defense when he's at top end speed.

1 minute ago, Process said:

Anyone have any examples of someone being labeled week to week and not missing multiple games? Seems like that is always the case.

Need a reason to be optimistic.

He's not going to IR?  

Is that in play here at end of season re roster moves?

2 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I think week to week is an easy way for McD to say he’s out this week without having to say, he’s not playing this week.

Obviously we will have to wait for next Wednesday now

Beasley will sit/rest this week, and I think many other 1s will do the same thing, especially with Pittsburgh standing down as well.  They will try to move heaven and earth to get him in there for the first playoff game.

This could be a really boring type of game (Miami), but that's OK.  

The hype and build-up leading to our first playoff game, whoever it is against, is going to be off the chart.

I can’t see him playing this week based on the week to week thing when you consider the game is not that important.  So he falls just short of 1000 yards which kinda sucks for him but for the team what is important is he can play that WC game.   Hopefully he is healthy by then. 

I mean I don’t love “week to week” because that’s worse than “day to day.” Usually when McDermott says “week to week” that’s a few weeks down. Positive news is they must think it’s something where he could still be available in a few weeks, or else they’d have just moved him to IR considering the Super Bowl is in what, five weeks?

22 minutes ago, Process said:

Anyone have any examples of someone being labeled week to week and not missing multiple games? Seems like that is always the case.

Need a reason to be optimistic.

Unfortunately no...it usually means the player is out at least 2-4 weeks...

Day to day usually means they are likely to only be out a week at most- maybe 2 in certain circumstances...

However, knowing how tough as nails Beasley is, I’m sure he will try to be ready by playoffs, but he might only be 50-75%...

Edited by JaCrispy

24 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I can’t see him playing this week based on the week to week thing when you consider the game is not that important.  So he falls just short of 1000 yards which kinda sucks for him but for the team what is important is he can play that WC game.   Hopefully he is healthy by then. 

That is extremely unlikely. Back in a game 11-12 days after a week-to-week designation? That would be unprecedented as far as I can recall. You have to allow for practice time as well.

This is bad news. Can't cut it any other way. We can hope to get him back at some point later in the playoffs (maybe AFCCG?) if we're able to advance without him.

I see a lot of people on here and Twitter thinking, "Oh week to week? Ok great too bad he can't get 1,000 yards but at least he'll be back for playoff game!" Evidently, not familiar with week-to-week designations.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Unfortunately no...it usually means the player is out at least 2-4 weeks...

Day to day usually means they are likely to only be out a week at most- maybe 2 in certain circumstances...

However, knowing how tough as nails Beasley is, I’m sure he will try to be ready by playoffs, but he might only be 50-75%...

Based on the fact that McDermott called it a leg injury (and not a knee) and the video looks like his heel got stepped on, I’d say it’s a 2-3 week foot sprain.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

He will be out for the wild card round 

That’s a massive massive loss. All because we were throwing in garbage time 

yup. knew it when he was on the bench and allen going over to him. BUT def better than an ACL. gonna have to use knox and backs more to move the sticks. PLUS john brown coming back