Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It could be anything.  Personally I thought he may have jammed his toe into the turf.  We'll know later on today, but if it had been really serious odds are much stronger he gets driven off in the cart.

We probably won't know anything until tomorrow at the earliest. McDermott is always very quiet on injuries until Wednesday.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Davis isn’t as shifty as Beasley but I believe they said he can play any WR position on the field, and with John Brown coming back seems like he could fill in there (won’t be as effective obviously). Just hope Cole is ok. 

What scares me about putting Davis in the slot is that he does not fight for the ball well (yet).  Without the ability to separate like Beasley, he's going to have to be more aggressive in getting the ball if he has to slide in there. 

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Davis isn’t as shifty as Beasley but I believe they said he can play any WR position on the field, and with John Brown coming back seems like he could fill in there (won’t be as effective obviously). Just hope Cole is ok. 

We'll probably have to watch McKenzie catching the ball and immediately retreating 2-3 yards...

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If it is turf toe (weeks injury) during meaningless time in a long over game I am going to punch myself in the face as hard as I can until I pass out or vomit, whichever comes first.  

EDIT:  And I am now so very firmly in the category of "sit everybody" you can't even imagine.  It's like I have been reborn and see the light in all its glory.  I have been in the desert and have now found the Oasis.  Like I stuck my hand in an old coat pocket and I found a twenty dollar bill I didn't even know that I had there.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

What scares me about putting Davis in the slot is that he does not fight for the ball well (yet).  Without the ability to separate like Beasley, he's going to have to be more aggressive in getting the ball if he has to slide in there. 

The slot receiver is usually more of a quick separation guy, not a fight-for-the-ball guy. McKenzie is Beasley's sub. If they want someone to muscle out tight catches, they'd call up Duke, but that's not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The slot receiver is usually more of a quick separation guy, not a fight-for-the-ball guy. McKenzie is Beasley's sub. If they want someone to muscle out tight catches, they'd call up Duke, but that's not going to happen.

They can also play Brown in the slot if they want to. IIRC he put up a 1,000 yard season from the slot when on the Cardinals. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Daboll go that route as it might catch the first team by surprise for a drive. 

24 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Yeah, except when the corner sits on and breaks on a route.  And of Davis isn’t as quick as Beasley and isn’t running the whip and option routes ...  it’s an issue. 

Edited by SectionC3

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

They can also play Brown in the slot if they want to. IIRC he put up a 1,000 yard season from the slot when on the Cardinals. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Daboll go that route as it might catch the first team by surprise for a drive. 

Daboll but speed in the slot at the end of 2018.  It’s a really good idea. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

McDermott will do his Zoom with the media around 4:30 PM, any update will come then.

No it won't.  he will say and I quote "I don't have an update on that yet".  No need to watch.  Someone from GMFB will leak something out before we ever find out from the Bills FO.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who replaces him in the slot in the playoffs if he can’t go? Gabe Davis?

I think a combination- Davis, Diggs, McKittrick, and TEs (Kroft and Knox) depending on route and gameplan.

Edited by Rochesterfan

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

If they want someone to add zero to the team they'd call Duke up. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

It could be anything.  Personally I thought he may have jammed his toe into the turf.  We'll know later on today, but if it had been really serious odds are much stronger he gets driven off in the cart.

Hes fine and should rest next week although bummed for him since he's only a few yards short of 1000

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Hes fine and should rest next week although bummed for him since he's only a few yards short of 1000

Man, I hope Beas and Allen can just get about 40 yards next week and shut it down. I want Allen to break Bledsoe's record and Beas to get his well deserved first 1K season.

• Like (+1) 3