Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I can't read through 29 pages of this.  What exactly is his injury?  I only keep reading "leg injury"

After 29 pages, the answer is no one knows.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I can't read through 29 pages of this.  What exactly is his injury?  I only keep reading "leg injury"

Nobody specifically knows. Apparently on BangedUp Bills the guest who I assume might be a doctor said from best case to worst case:

- knee contusion

- quad strain

- torn meniscus

But he can and has been wrong previously apparently so I am not sure how much you want to put into that.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Beasley is either dead and they're just propping him up like "Weekend at Bernie's" or he might play this week.

It can only be one or the other.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It’s trending towards not a torn ligament as McDermott is talking about Beasley working with trainers in rehab.

No way an ACL or something like that hasn’t been reported 3 days now after the game.

Could be a torn meniscus though. Depending on severity of the tear it can be a combination of a pain tolerance thing with a decision on whether or not to risk damaging it before getting surgery after the season. I don't know how many player have suffered a minor tear towards the playoffs and pushed through, but it can't be zero.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It’s trending towards not a torn ligament as McDermott is talking about Beasley working with trainers in rehab.

No way an ACL or something like that hasn’t been reported 3 days now after the game.

Ya.   Its not that bad or hed be on IR so we can add another body.  

10 minutes ago, fridge said:

Could be a torn meniscus though. Depending on severity of the tear it can be a combination of a pain tolerance thing with a decision on whether or not to risk damaging it before getting surgery after the season. I don't know how many player have suffered a minor tear towards the playoffs and pushed through, but it can't be zero.

A torn meniscus, doubtful. If that were the case I could have seen Beasley stay down for a minute, to the point he may have needed help off.

He was down like all of 3 secs.... 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

A torn meniscus, doubtful. If that were the case I could have seen Beasley stay down for a minute, to the point he may have needed help off.

He was down like all of 3 secs.... 

Not really, especially depending on severity. I had a pretty serious torn meniscus that required surgery and I finished a hockey game.

If he had a little tear it might have stung and hurt a little, but because he could walk fine it's totally plausible to me that he could have toughed it out to the sidelines. I do think he would have been wincing a little more while he was walking off though. I just don't want to rule it out since these are world class athletes and who knows what type of pain meds he was on in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1

Without thinking some kind of major ligament tear, or just a simple sprain. Even though it does look as if he may had twisted his knee slightly. But I think the injury was more of coming down hard on that leg, while extended. So yes a Meniscus could be in play, but I just think we would have seen a little more delay and pain coming from Beasley getting off the ground.

Im thinking more of a “Jumpers knee injury.” A patellar type injury. From constant pounding on the turf and then finally landing too hard with a jolt and slight tweak may have stretched or got a slight tiny tear....

Edited by CEN-CAL17

19 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Without thinking some kind of major ligament tear, or just a simple sprain. Even though it does look as if he may had twisted his knee slightly. But I think the injury was more of coming down hard on that leg, while extended. So yes a Meniscus could be in play, but I just think we would have seen a little more delay and pain coming from Beasley getting off the ground.

Im thinking more of a “Jumpers knee injury.” A patellar type injury. From constant pounding on the turf and then finally landing too hard with a jolt and slight tweak may have stretched or got a slight tiny tear....

Agreed.

Even if it was a small meniscus tear, it's not the end of the world. If it was small enough for McDermott to say week-to-week, then it's a pain tolerance thing and he can play in the playoffs with some shots before the games and get surgery as the season ends.

The fact that we're speculating on the knee injury at this point is probably good. It helps to rule out a ligament tear, and there's no way they wouldn't have already reported that.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Check back in another 29 pages............

......and we still won’t know. 

No shortage of armchair expert guesses though. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

It’s because our media don’t know how to ask open ended questions.

They continue to talk and fill in easy escape routes for the guest to take.

Instead of asking what is the injury to Cole Beasley, they say something like Is Stills related to Cole’s injury or is it unrelated?

So McDermott always takes the evasive, non commital route on the question because our media talk to much and fill with a bunch of and/or statements.

Interesting take.  I’ve listened to reporters ask 100 word questions that start with inquiry, pivot to plausible response, and close with a request for affirmation.   They interview themselves.  You learn not to do that on a high school newspaper.  I shake my head.    Ask a question that can’t be answered yes or no, using no more than ten words, then shut up and start writing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, fridge said:

Agreed.

Even if it was a small meniscus tear, it's not the end of the world. If it was small enough for McDermott to say week-to-week, then it's a pain tolerance thing and he can play in the playoffs with some shots before the games and get surgery as the season ends.

The fact that we're speculating on the knee injury at this point is probably good. It helps to rule out a ligament tear, and there's no way they wouldn't have already reported that.

I think he’s 60/40 for the wildcard game.... 60 being not available.