Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It means that previously, when you made a ridiculous statement and were challenged, instead of providing information to back up your viewpoint, you doubled down and said "prove me wrong".  "Calling it as you see it" is worthless when it comes to statements like "Beasley is done" or "everything is pointing towards him having a signficiant injury".

Even if it's just what you think, someone who is here for discussion (and not just to troll or crusade disruptively) can respond giving the reasons for why they see it and explaining what "everything" means, not try to shift the burden of proof to those who question your definitive statement

Because everything is pointing to Beasley being done. People just don't want to believe it. Give me a reason why it's nonsense to believe we're going to be without Beasley? 

We know all the reasons to believe he's got a significant injury. What are the reasons to believe he doesn't? Only hope is McDermott wants to play the injury game so whoever we play doesn't know if Beasley will play. 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

You can't even quote yourself accurately.  You said Beasley is done, with absolutely nothing to back that up.  There was a lot of discussion here last night, and an orthopedic surgeon and fellow fan even said he has no way of knowing just yet.

Done or out what's the difference? 

The silence around the injury is my problem. Take Diggs and Tre White just last week for example. We knew right away they were fine. 

Potential Good news from McDermott's presser this morning?

Sal reported that McDermott said the only player that will be ruled out for the game on Sunday would be Reggie Gilliam...

I am assuming that means Beasley is OK?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Because everything is pointing to Beasley being done. People just don't want to believe it. Give me a reason why it's nonsense to believe we're going to be without Beasley? 

We know all the reasons to believe he's got a significant injury. What are the reasons to believe he doesn't? Only hope is McDermott wants to play the injury game so whoever we play doesn't know if Beasley will play. 

McDermott saying in the morning press conference today that the only player ruled out for Sunday's game is Gilliam? I mean that sounds like a pretty good reason to me...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I have one reason to believe he is not done ...... if he was done they would put him on IR to free up a roster spot.. if that is not sufficient (which it should be) there is the fact that he is week to week. If more serious that would not be the designation 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, junior12thman92 said:

image.png.d2bcde970fe36ca0575690d47fe28548.png

Probability of this being the prediction method used: good

Just now, CorkScrewHill said:

I have one reason to believe he is not done ...... if he was done they would put him on IR to free up a roster spot.. if that is not sufficient (which it should be) there is the fact that he is week to week. If more serious that would not be the designation 

So serious question with this 3 game limit: how does this work for playoffs?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Sal reported that McDermott said the only player that will be ruled out for the game on Sunday would be Reggie Gilliam...

we should wait for the injury practice report

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The silence around the injury is my problem. Take Diggs and Tre White just last week for example. We knew right away they were fine. 

Cole will probably miss a game or two. That said any kind of ligament damage would have been announced by now and Josh Allen was fairly bullish on Cole working hard on getting right to play. He could have a major season ending injury but there is nothing to indicate that. More that Cole has an injury that will probably keep him out of the Fins games, possibly a Playoff game. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

Mcdermott also was asked if Beasleys status has changed, or if there were any updates...

His response, Beasley is going through all the rehab and is still week'to-week.  

So much uncertainty still, Josh's comments yesterday had some optimism (about beas returning this week or next, possibly).  Bug thing will be watching the injurybreports to see he gets a limited practice in this week, even if he's doesn't play this week but practices limited that will be encouraging

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Cole will probably miss a game or two. That said any kind of ligament damage would have been announced by now and Josh Allen was fairly bullish on Cole working hard on getting right to play. He could have a major season ending injury but there is nothing to indicate that. More that Cole has an injury that will probably keep him out of the Fins games, possibly a Playoff game. 

If it's meniscus then he can technically try to play with it.   If he does and can't then we have another receiver on the team that can step in.   This is my guess 

5 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Mcdermott also was asked if Beasleys status has changed, or if there were any updates...

His response, Beasley is going through all the rehab and is still week'to-week.  

So much uncertainty still, Josh's comments yesterday had some optimism (about beas returning this week or next, possibly).  Bug thing will be watching the injurybreports to see he gets a limited practice in this week, even if he's doesn't play this week but practices limited that will be encouraging

I don't think Cole will miss the first WC week of the playoffs personally. Even, if he is "done" for the rest of the year the Bills should absolutely not state that at all as it changes the opposing D game plan on how to try and stop us. 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Signings are a two way street. Could be on his end. 

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Could well be.  Sills was earning $410,000 a game which was guaranteed by the Texans - $6,975,000 this season, which is basically John Brown money.  That's considerably above vet minimum for a 7+ year vet.  Beane's idea could be "bring him in to compete at a low salary", Sills idea could be "give me a 3 year contract at John Brown money".

To which, I kinda hope Beane has learnt the Kelvin Benjamin lesson - if a team is willing to let a fast vet walk because he's under-performing his contract by a lot, don't guarantee him much and load it with incentives.

Sure.  But signing late with a team and not knowing their offense isn't really conducive to auditioning for other teams to get another big contract.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Done means he's not coming back this season.  Out (for the Miami game)...doesn't.

30 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It certainly means Beasley doesn't have an injury that they can definitively rule as shelving him for months (like an ACL tear) or requiring immediate surgery.

If it is a meniscal tear as Trimble (Bangedup) and others speculated, we're 3 days out.  They've probably reduced the swelling with some combination of lymph massage (MLD), ultrasound, cortisone shots and draining, and he's got mobility back in the joint.  Now the question will be can he use the joint without locking it up again?  And if that's successful, can he make the movements he needs to make in order to play effectively?  And if that's successful, can he practice? 

If that's what it is, I've had meniscal tears myself and had a colleague who had a very similar tear in a similar location in the same timeframe (we went to the same doctor and traded notes).  We had the same initial treatment - draining, anti-inflammatories, cortisone shot, PT.  His knee swelled up like a melon when he tried to resume normal activity and he required surgery.  Mine hurt like the dickens for months when I went for a hike or whatever and I wore a compression sleeve and a brace, but the swelling was controlled by those things plus anti-inflammatories and it healed eventually without surgery.  Again- we had the same physician and the same medical insurance, so my take-home was that this is an injury where small differences in the location and extent of the tear and the individual's response to it make a huge difference.

I really welcomed the ultrasound and the MLD massage and wished I could have had those every day.  I'm sure Beasley can.

• Like (+1) 2

The biggest things I’m learning from this thread is that WORDS MATTER. 

They have definitions for a reason and they’re used to communicate specific things. 

Out means he’s out for a game. 

Done means he’s done for the season, but that’s pretty vague... he could mean done for his career?

The fact that Beasley hasn’t been ruled out this week and Reggie Gilliam has means something. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

My gut doesn’t feel good with this one. The Bills were scrabbling to sign multiple WR’s and there is nobody giving any info on what is injured. Usually this points to a 3 to 4 week injury. 

When do we ever get specifics beyond something like "knee" "ankle" unless the player offers them?  They are entitled to some privacy.  Believe me, opponents want to know what the problem is so they can exploit it....

Keep in mind we also have uncertainty about Brown.  We know he's on the covid-19 list, initially said to be as a close contact.  But for all we know, he may have since tested positive, or developed symptoms.  So we lost 1 WR (Kumerow) and have uncertainty about 2 others.   IMO that's all the motivation a prudent GM needs to start flipping the rolodex, especially when bringing a guy in is now essentially a week long process.

I think people are reading into the Stills signing and the Jennings/Gentry visits far too much, and that they're likely unrelated to Brown and Beasley's situations.

McDermott said today that Beane has had his eye on Stills for a while, and that his signing and Beasley's health are "two separate conversations".

Meanwhile, the Bills wanted Kumerow back on the practice squad but couldn't get him there. They wanted another WR on the practice squad that could be called up to contribute on special teams if needed. Their only current practice squad WR was Duke, and he's not known for his contributions in that department. So the Bills brought in Jennings and Gentry and decided to sign Jennings to the practice squad.

Might Beasley miss a game or two? Of course. I just don't think that the Bills WR visits and signings have anything to do with it.

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

The biggest things I’m learning from this thread is that WORDS MATTER. 

They have definitions for a reason and they’re used to communicate specific things. 

Out means he’s out for a game. 

Done means he’s done for the season, but that’s pretty vague... he could mean done for his career?

The fact that Beasley hasn’t been ruled out this week and Reggie Gilliam has means something. 

Also could mean they had no intention of playing him so no matter what they ruled him wouldn't matter?

18 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Sometimes I wish they would tell us the issue.  They must know for certain the nature of the injury by now.   It’s not like the Miami game is the Super Bowl and the Bills are trying to gain some type of competitive advantage keeping it quiet.   I’m sure by Sunday the info will be out there. 

Doesn't the coach care about TBD member’s stress level?  I mean come on. 

haha I hear you inquiring minds want to know...evidence 27 pages of conjecture and straight up hopes and wishes for the guy to play. My logical self says well what will be will be...worrying and fretting wont change the outcome  Besides if this will affect the game plan both for the Bills AND the competition (yes it does) the better tactic would be to keep this info in house and close to the vest until time to report it officially so as to not give the competition any advance info/insight..let THEM stew and wonder...Im trying not to worry over things I have no control over and control the things I can and do. If covid has taught me anything its that.