Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

Just now, oldmanfan said:

As an orthopedic I would be interested in whether you think he plays in the first playoff game.

im just going by McD / week to week doesnt sound good - someone mentioned Cody Ford.....

If its an MCL ( which i really dont think it is) . he could be back/ just pain in a brace

a meniscus again based on what i mentioned too hard to say. i find it really hard to believe hed be back for the first game. you could even have two athletes with the same tear / one could play on it (lineman) while another couldnt  (shifty WR) . I think codys (again speculation) was pretty significant  

4 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

My correspondence degree from Hollywood Upstairs Medical College tells me the prognosis is DOOOM. 

haha. thread is getting good! 

5 minutes ago, balln said:

I DO agree with you on that. We ALL need relax and breathe. ITs still just football. Even tho i was a panicked patty the minute it happened

Absolutely, at this point you have to remember it’s just football. 

Now, when it’s the playoffs...........it goes to more of a National Security or life and death level.   :)

We don’t know anything at this point. They did go to his knee while he was on the ground. There is absolutely no way to know where he stands and as hard as it’s is, we’ll just have to pray for the best and wait and see how things go. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, transient said:

Talk about going off the rails. You seem to have some difficulty with the meaning of words, most notably “adult” in your above post. 

Fair enough re "adults" comment. For that I apologise. We are sometimes too quick on the trigger.

In return, I suggest calling someone a cartoon character (someone you don't know) might also require some reflection, if only for better situational awareness.

Now...I'm going to rely on oldmanfan and balln for my updates.

(N.B., "we" means those who've probably been down-range for too long.)

Edited by Dukestreetking

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Great news, I think.  Still a lot unknown until we here from Beas himself (unlikely), or see if he gets in a limited practice.

Listening to the Josh Allen press conference, he certainly sounded optimistic to me.  

I wouldn't call it "great news" exactly.

There probably is swelling which needs to go down before how manageable the injury is, can be addressed.  If BangdupBills is correct about the meniscal tear hypothesis, I have personal experience of that injury for myself (both knees) and with someone I worked with and that experience is "it just varies".

I think it's pretty clear that Beasley is out for the next game.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m trying to imagine an internet blog spot for an NFL franchise where you were discouraged from posting unless you were a subject matter expert with specific inside information on a particular matter.   TwoBillsDrive would consist of eleven posts.

I am aware you are not not all physicians or otherwise SMEs who personally examined Beasley.   Post away.   It’s what I’m here for, regardless of your years of fandom, post count, profession, or best high school subject.  I’ll not remind you of your lack of bona fides.  I’ll read your comment in context, consider the source, and move on.

P.S.  If your an orthopedic surgeon who examined Cole Beasley after his injury Monday night, PM me.   If you’re not, post away!

Edited by Neo
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We seem to have a lot of medical degreed professionals commenting on this thread, what does a moderate meniscus injury mean?

3-weeks?

It means its worse than a Labiscus but not as bad as a meniscus. Possible less severe than a fibula, but no where near as severe as a tibia. Of course if you want to be PC it is similar to a Labia. So this all you need to know. I have a PHD in Forum Analsttacamitcs and believe me, it may get better before it gets worse. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

It’s a forum for discussion ? 

It is, and by most, you're judged by the quality of what you say not by how long you've been posting here or some mysterious sliding fan cred scale.

18 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Nice caps. Your really good at having a debate on such a sensitive topic as our back up QB throw a bad pass. I’ll try to earn my board cred as soon as I can. 

I *think* that was intended as a sarcastic poke at the "newb = lack of cred" theme.  But I could be mistaken.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

It means its worse than a Labiscus but not as bad as a meniscus. Possible less severe than a fibula, but no where near as severe as a tibia. Of course if you want to be PC it is similar to a Labia. So this all you need to know. I have a PHD in Forum Analsttacamitcs and believe me, it may get better before it gets worse. 

post of the thread. well done sir

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

Well played.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Nice well reasoned response. Thanks it has opened my eyes and I agree with your assessment. Now the question begs who is that QB?

Just my opinion, but I think Fromm has earned the "gratitude chip" that will give him the inside track to earn the backup role - not that they won't bring in FA or rookie(s) to compete

I also think we see Davis Webb stay on the team in some role - perhaps as a coaching assistant if not as a backup QB.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just my opinion, but I think Fromm has earned the "gratitude chip" that will give him the inside track to earn the backup role - not that they won't bring in FA or rookie(s) to compete

I also think we see Davis Webb stay on the team in some role - perhaps as a coaching assistant if not as a backup QB.

Yeah.  Keeping him on the roster, and for the whole year, tells me they liked what they saw of him in TC and he's getting better.  I can see him as the primary backup next year and Barkley and/or Webb on the PS.

1 minute ago, Chewmylegoff said:

I expect Beasley to have his leg amputated, replaced with the terminator’s leg, and play next week.

I would expect that you would expect to have Beasley chew his own leg off instead of having it amputated.

Just now, Chewmylegoff said:

I expect Beasley to have his leg amputated, replaced with the terminator’s leg, and play next week.

I expect him to play this week long enough to get to 1000 yards.  4 catches and he’s out.  Try and keep him out.