Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

If that’s the case, and it very well may be, why was he seen walking around without crutches? 

Off the field after the game and when he got off the plane, no crutches. Wouldn’t they have him use those to help decrease swelling? 

That’s right, because the fan called in saying he was walking with a limp.

Also, this doesn’t have to mean anything, but what were Allen’s comments today about then?

About Beasley doing everything he can do to get back onto the field this week, and if not the week, then next?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Damn, I promised no further replies but--unfortunately as suspected--it is a knee (not further specified).

Back2buff is correct in noting a prognosis issue w swelling.

If meniscus as suspected, this in part  relates to blood innervation...some meniscus tissue gets it, others don't. 

If former, pretty good news, as intervention may not be required. Just time.

Further still, an elite athlete can still play w certain types of meniscus damage.

Pain tolerance and stability issue.

Hello brace, and good to see you Mr Toradal injection.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Damn, I promised no further replies but--unfortunately as suspected--it is a knee (not further specified).

Back2buff is correct in noting a prognosis issue w swelling.

If meniscus as suspected, this in part  relates to blood innervation...some meniscus tissue gets it, others don't. 

If former, pretty good news, as intervention may not be required. Just time.

Further still, an elite athlete can still play w certain types of meniscus damage.

Pain tolerance and stability issue.

Hello brace, and good to see you Mr Toradal injection.

Barkley was diagnosed that day with ACL, Chubb this year was confirmed by next day, Bosa was confirmed same day with ACL.

We’re two days removed and word hasn’t gotten out about ligament damage?

Meniscus I can see, but you’d think if it was season ending there would be something by now. 

The happiness of crushing the Patriots  and just staying optimistic is starting to wear off.   This sucks.  Especially since it occurred in garbage time.   McD hasn’t made a misstep this year  except this move.  The premier offensive guys should not have been out there. 

Im not a torch and pitchfork guy but this is starting to bother me. 

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Barkley was diagnosed that day with ACL, Chubb this year was confirmed by next day, Bosa was confirmed same day with ACL.

We’re two days removed and word hasn’t gotten out about ligament damage?

Meniscus I can see, but you’d think if it was season ending there would be something by now. 

I believe they announced Devin Bush right away too. 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Meniscus I can see, but you’d think if it was season ending there would be something by now

This is why I don't think it's ACL/season ending.

For all reasons stated above, and b/c it looked like they were doing a "McMurray test" on sidelines, which is for meniscus, not ACL.

IF it is meniscus-related (I don't know that) the short answer: diagnosis known quickly, but prognosis is...well, tricky.

With the Kenny Stills discussions, it is likely that Beasley is injured, but this will be confirmed (or not) in due time. 

McDermott keeps all information close to his chest until he is obligated to release it.  Every hour the opponent spends preparing for something they don’t need to takes focus away from the things they should be preparing for.  

I am anxious about the Beasley injury but I like the tight-lipped Bills team that cares about every competitive advantage they can get.  

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I said this immediately when they were looking at side of knee.  I've may or may not been told that they need to wait till swelling goes down, but good chance he is in surgery and done for year (playoffs, etc.).

You said it was an ACL injury, which would not be "week to week", nor would they have to "wait until the swelling goes down" to diagnose it - an ACL injury can be diagnosed pretty accurately by a trainer immediately afterwards using a Lachman test or measured variant before there's any swelling to speak of

It would also be pretty surprising for Allen to say this if there's a good chance he has to have surgery and is done for the year.  At least, I think trainers and physicians have a responsibility to be realistic with the players they work with:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, transient said:

Is this something like nerve circulation, there, Dr. Nick Riviera?

Ok, I'm going to try to be kind-of-nice in this response.

But wtf, over? I've made perfectly clear where I am on this issue. And you compare me to some Simpsons character? A quack Doc, no less.

In case you haven't guessed, I've gotten a little med cross-training.

That's what happens when you've been f***ing fighting in war zones--did you know we have those?--for 17 years.

So, crawl back in your safe space little one, and let the goddamn adults handle the bad guys...and this discussion.

5 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

With the Kenny Stills discussions, it is likely that Beasley is injured, but this will be confirmed (or not) in due time. 

McDermott keeps all information close to his chest until he is obligated to release it.  Every hour the opponent spends preparing for something they don’t need to takes focus away from the things they should be preparing for.  

I am anxious about the Beasley injury but I like the tight-lipped Bills team that cares about every competitive advantage they can get.  

I'm thinking at this point Cole may miss the WC or be on a snap count. 

7 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

Yeah.....he is injured.  That’s already been confirmed.  We just don’t know how much time he will miss