Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

I think Beane is playing chess when it comes to Stills. Couple years younger than Brown. Cap savings if needed. Maybe Brown isn't 100% but wants to have same type of player in his back pocket for the playoffs and getting a headstart for 2021 plan B type of thing.. Wish I could be a fly on the wall in Beanes office for the next couple of weeks....

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Signings are a two way street. Could be on his end. 

Could well be.  Sills was earning $410,000 a game which was guaranteed by the Texans - $6,975,000 this season, which is basically John Brown money.  That's considerably above vet minimum for a 7+ year vet.  Beane's idea could be "bring him in to compete at a low salary", Sills idea could be "give me a 3 year contract at John Brown money".

To which, I kinda hope Beane has learnt the Kelvin Benjamin lesson - if a team is willing to let a fast vet walk because he's under-performing his contract by a lot, don't guarantee him much and load it with incentives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I think Beane is playing chess when it comes to Stills. Couple years younger than Brown. Cap savings if needed. Maybe Brown isn't 100% but wants to have same type of player in his back pocket for the playoffs and getting a headstart for 2021 plan B type of thing.. Wish I could be a fly on the wall in Beanes office for the next couple of weeks....

Stills is a couple of years younger than Brown, true, but it's important to note that he was actually drafted in 2013, a year before Brown.  So he has more "NFL seasons" on his body.  On the other hand, he's been accustomed to be paid like Brown, while being traded or cut from 3 different teams.  If Beane thinks Stills is a guy who will happily come in on a cheap contract and play hard for less, not so sure about that.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Don't want to give Stills agent any negotiating power. Beasley is done. 

You know this how?

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Would people just stop with this nonsense?  

This one motivated me to go look at the posting/warning history, not a good sign.  

Diagnosis: unlikely to stop on his/her own.  Better to ignore.

Before the Jets game, here are a couple of the gems this one posted.  So much for predictive abilities.

Prove me wrong. So far the offense has collapse as I predicted. People were too quick to crown them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think the Bills are going to lose 12 straight games to end the season. Jets beat a broken Bills teams 27-21.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What does that mean? I call it as I see it. You think everything you've seen and heard about Beasley's injury looks promising? 

It means that previously, when you made a ridiculous statement and were challenged, instead of providing information to back up your viewpoint, you doubled down and said "prove me wrong".  "Calling it as you see it" is worthless when it comes to statements like "Beasley is done" or "everything is pointing towards him having a signficiant injury".

Even if it's just what you think, someone who is here for discussion (and not just to troll or crusade disruptively) can respond giving the reasons for why they see it and explaining what "everything" means, not try to shift the burden of proof to those who question your definitive statement

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Well I don't think it's nonsense to believe Beasley is out. I said that and people said that's nonsense. How is it nonsense?

You can't even quote yourself accurately.  You said Beasley is done, with absolutely nothing to back that up.  There was a lot of discussion here last night, and an orthopedic surgeon and fellow fan even said he has no way of knowing just yet.