Update: Beasley Out for Miami game. Beasley Injury Thread

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

But didn’t you say that some quarterback that we may or may not know might sustain a devastating injury to his lower extremities? 

I said it was cold outside.

~fin

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transient said:

I appreciate your thoughtful response. My initial post was meant more in jest than as any sort of intentional slight or insult. I’ve been here long enough to realize message boards are a poor medium for nuance, though, so I apologize for being a prick, even if it wasn’t my explicit intent. Happy New Year! ...and more importantly, Go Bills!

Transient: normally I get nuance, but I suppose it was my day just to fly off the handle. Anyway, same sentiment back to you and yours. Respectfully, Dsk

We're going to find out by Friday what he's dealing with.  

My guess is they didn't want the news to be cold water on the win Monday.  

I'm betting it's an injury he won't fully recover from during the playoffs; its likely a pain tolerance issue as much as anything so if one of the board's resident docs can take a guess what that is; will likely miss round 1 and maybe round 2.  Better chance AFC championship game. 

We shouldn't need him vs Cleveland who I'm already banking on we're playing.  Unless he was needed as a run stuffer.  

Now RD 2.....I think Pittsburgh will lose to Baltimore in RD 1 and we will play winner of Tennessee and Miami.  If Miami he would be a big help.   Tennessee defense is garbage.  I'd still rather play Miami.  

Man that's the ideal run.  Cleveland, Miami, then the KC-Baltimore winner.  Good chance it's at home vs Baltimore.  Them or KC at that point I don't care who.  I'll count on him being ready in 4 weeks for that game.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We're going to find out by Friday what he's dealing with.  

My guess is they didn't want the news to be cold water on the win Monday.  

I'm betting it's an injury he won't fully recover from during the playoffs; its likely a pain tolerance issue as much as anything so if one of the board's resident docs can take a guess what that is; will likely miss round 1 and maybe round 2.  Better chance AFC championship game. 

We shouldn't need him vs Cleveland who I'm already banking on we're playing.  Unless he was needed as a run stuffer.  

Now RD 2.....I think Pittsburgh will lose to Baltimore in RD 1 and we will play winner of Tennessee and Miami.  If Miami he would be a big help.   Tennessee defense is garbage.  I'd still rather play Miami.  

Man that's the ideal run.  Cleveland, Miami, then the KC-Baltimore winner.  Good chance it's at home vs Baltimore.  Them or KC at that point I don't care who.  I'll count on him being ready in 4 weeks for that game.  

Plausible interpretation. Agree on the nature of the ideal run. Let's hope it plays out that way.

Edited by Dr. Who

from Banged Up Bills on Twitter: (full disclosure I didnt read this thread at all, just sharing knowledge, if someone already posted this earlier just disregard)

1 of 2 possible scenarios:

1- contusion, will be fine for first playoff game

2- meniscus, can be played through with pain tolerance (Kelvin Benjamin a couple years ago) and thats worst case scenario

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just my opinion, but I think Fromm has earned the "gratitude chip" that will give him the inside track to earn the backup role - not that they won't bring in FA or rookie(s) to compete

I also think we see Davis Webb stay on the team in some role - perhaps as a coaching assistant if not as a backup QB.

I was thinking that, but my concern is that he has not been tested at the NFL level. 

27 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I was thinking that, but my concern is that he has not been tested at the NFL level. 

I think you're speaking of Fromm, but maybe it's Davis Webb we're going to see on Sunday and that we have in mind as a future backup QB. 

Daboll was asked about him in his Monday presser and he practically gushed.  (interview on buffalobills.com, 11 minutes in, sorry I can't figure out how to link to that time).  Said he could go on and on about him, he's a tremendous teammate, he's totally unselfish, he's a developing QB in this league.  Reminded the press he was drafted in the 3rd round*.  Said he's the best teammate he's ever seen, he does a tremendous job helping Josh prepare for games, "spends a lot of time with Shae** and going through the team we're about to play" "he's an awesome guy" - he went on for almost 2 minutes

*2017, by the Giants; in college at Texas Tech, he was the starting QB for half a season and lost his job after injury to....Patrick Mahomes.  He finished as a grad assistant at Cal.

**Shae Tierney, assistant QB coach

On the one hand, if he's a great developing QB, it's hard to understand why he got passed around from the Giants to the Jets to the Bills like a bestselling novel.  On the other hand, a lot of that goes with front office "churn" where the GM who drafted him or brought him in got fired.

• Like (+1) 2