Potential for fans in the playoffs....

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm not holding my breath.  History shows that an increase in the positivity rate will be enough to blow this off.  I'll believe it when we see fans going through the turnstiles on game day.

I think I saw Erie county was back down to almost 5%. That is good and trending in the right direction.

Christmas could definitely sink this tho.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I think I saw Erie county was back down to almost 5%. That is good and trending in the right direction.

I simply don't trust the people making this decision.  In the past, they have used any negative statistic as a justification to lock things down.  Hope for the best, but I'm from Missouri on this one.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

aw geez, the bump from Christmas gatherings would occur right before Wild Card Weekend... wouldn’t it

10 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm all for fans, for the sake of the fans, but damn they've been rolling along just fine in an empty stadium. I'm almost afraid to rock the boat.

6000 fans in the stadium isnt going to have a negative impact on the bills lol

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I simply don't trust the people making this decision.  In the past, they have used any negative statistic as a justification to lock things down.  Hope for the best, but I'm from Missouri on this one.

Well, that's kinda how it's supposed to work. And I'll leave it at that so as not to get too political on the main board.

Just now, RiotAct said:

aw geez, the bump from Christmas gatherings would occur right before Wild Card Weekend... wouldn’t it

Indeed. Sorry Grandma! Cant make it this year, Bills are on a Super Bowl run!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Sorry Grandma! Cant make it this year, Bills are on a Super Bowl run!

That's OK Sonny, I understand. They're going to give me a ticket before you anyways!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/22/2020 at 11:52 AM, dma0034 said:

I can only wonder how much those tickets would go for lol

i would bet whoever takes them Bills will check to make sue they are the ones using them. That it is not brokers and scalpers trying to cash in.

Edited by cba fan

Email from the Bills:

We are continuing to work with the Governor’s office regarding the details of a plan to host a limited amount of spectators at our home playoff game. Nothing has been finalized at this point, but we are excited to be moving in the right direction to safely host fans at Bills Stadium.

If it is determined that a limited amount of spectators will be permitted, Season Ticket Members that have opted-in for the 2020 season will receive more detailed information on purchasing tickets. Time designations for any playoff ticket presale would follow account seniority order.

Further information will be communicated once more details have been finalized. Please note that the Buffalo Bills Ticket Office will be closed in observance of Christmas beginning on Thursday, December 24th and will reopen on Tuesday, December 29th.

48 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Josh Allen will start sucking if we have fans in the stadium. This will ruin his psyche and dumb hero ball Joshy will show up again. Prove me wrong.  So here's hoping to no fans and a consistent Joshy.

you know, I’ve been doing sort of a thought experiment since the season started.  

Would you rather fans not be able to attend any games in person for the next 10 years but the Bills are guaranteed to turn into the next NFL dynasty, or fans are able to fill the stadium at 100% capacity at the start of next season (sure as hell should be the case), but no guarantees on the Bills future success?

It probably made more sense in my head... :P 😂

On 12/29/2020 at 9:53 AM, RiotAct said:

Believe we should be hearing something definitive  by tomorrow, based on Poloncarz’s remark that they need about a week-and-a-half’s worth of notice to start prepping.

Agree, I think today is likely going to be a decision for "go or no go", at least for wild card weekend.

On 12/25/2020 at 3:16 PM, Joe Ferguson said:

Josh Allen will start sucking if we have fans in the stadium. This will ruin his psyche and dumb hero ball Joshy will show up again. Prove me wrong.  So here's hoping to no fans and a consistent Joshy.

I heard a caller on WGR share this concern...

A) You don’t play as good as he’s playing, unless you’re that good.  

B) His best game last year was in front of a massive crowd on the biggest regular season stage - Thanksgiving Day in Dallas.  

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I heard a caller on WGR share this concern...

A) You don’t play as good as he’s playing, unless you’re that good.  

B) His best game last year was in front of a massive crowd on the biggest regular season stage - Thanksgiving Day in Dallas.  

That wasn't a playoff game. Let's see how he handles a crowd at Arrowhead stadium assuming Bills get that far.

Other than the Tenn and NYJ games (and we chalk this up to the shoulder harness, right?!?)..., Allen has been super productive in road games..  I'm not sure fans or no fans have anything to do with his psyche.   I think weather is a bigger factor.

33 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

That wasn't a playoff game. Let's see how he handles a crowd at Arrowhead stadium assuming Bills get that far.

I mean, ok?  I think we’re all interested in seeing how he responds to that.  

That’s not the same as worrying that somehow Allen will forget everything he’s worked on all off-season/throughout this season simply because fans are in the stands. 

• Simon locked this topic