Jets fans losing there ***** on losing the 1#overall.

9 hours ago, aristocrat said:

wonder if the jets poach daboll and Joe Schoen?  try to copy our system

That would be a sensible move, but this is the Jets, therefore it won't happen.

The Jets will hire Gase to be the GM and the stars will align and Doug Marrone will get his dream job as HC of the Jets.

11 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Jets fans want to trade Darnold for Wentz lmao, and now they want to see them trade down since losing out on Lawrence. That ***** show excuse of a franchise can’t do anything right 🤣🤣🤣

At this point, the Jets have to trade Darnold and take another QB in the draft.  It’s not going to work on NY and both parties just need to move on.

Also Douglas is going to want to buy as much time as possible, and one way to do that is to bring a new coach and QB on board.  I’m almost certain Darnold is out

12 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I know it won't happen but wanted to add onto this.

Jets swap 1st rounders with Philly in the trade for Wentz (along with other picks I'm sure) and Lawrence ends up not being the 1st overall pick by the Jags and gets taken by someone else before their pick at ~7-9.

Wentz will not save this franchise. 

18 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Jaguars could always win a game in the final 2 weeks....

Absolutely.  In a season where the Jets shock the Rams on the road and the Bengals embarrass the Steelers, the Jags play the Bears this week and then the Colts in the season finale which may or may not mean a lot to the Colts.

Edited by SoTier

I actually feel bad for Jets fans.  They've suffered in the wilderness for as long as we did, with all sorts of weird embarrassments along the way (e.g. getting jilted by Belichick, the butt-fumble).  Their fans mostly seem like good guys, with not a bandwagon-jumper among them.  They don't deserve this.

Still gonna laugh though, and still glad if we don't end up with TL in our division.  

14 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Actually some really good points in this thread about qb development, particularly Allen v Darnold. Great to see our staff being the envy of other fan bases rather than the laughing stock of them. They must have had a field day when we hired Rex.

Edited by Steve O

11 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

That depends on what the value of Jimmy G on a huge contract is? He had an excellent year in 2019 but didn't really do all that well in the games he played in 2020 (he wasn't bad but certainly not eye popping performances) and in 2018 he was hurt early and sitting on a 1-2 record with pedestrian numbers. Along with the fact that while he was 5-0 in 2017 he didn't really light the world on fire. 

He is on a pretty big deal as well. I think that if the number two pick is a top flight QB that trade isn't super outlandish although I think the 2022 pick being a 1st is outright unlikely as it likely would be a 2nd or 3rd. That all being said the 49ers are a pretty veteran team and I doubt they want to start over with a rookie QB while also bankrupting your draft picks for a draft and giving up a premium pick in a future draft.

25M non guaranteed. Yeah they are NOT going to get picks from San Fran in that manner. Hence how delusional they are. 

19 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

this is a crazy trivia

I was following the passing yardage leaders for a while after Prescott was injured.  He was so far ahead of everybody at that point, it took a couple weeks before  a fair amount of QBs caught him.