F*** Kirk, You got to throw the ball!

Draconator

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Wasn't too long ago that a number of folks here were salivating over Cousins as an FA QB possibility for the Bills.

I was totally on that train. And he would have been 100 times better than what we had.

But I'm glad (with hindsight) we didn't.

The issue is you’re hearing with no fans what has been mostly been said all along.  I’m not sure he was just pissed the ball wasn’t caught vs. being pissed at Cousins.  Probably, but when I played, f bombs were not that uncommon.  Usually not directed at their QB, but it happens.  Then again, I blew it once when I truly didn’t mean to when I dropped a deadlift in a meet as it slipped out of one hand, and I instantly regretted it, not to mention the booing from fans.  My point is simply these guys are competitors and sometimes just without thinking scream out an obscenity in anger.

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is Lamar great again because he wiped the Jags? I'm not sold. Ravens would be my pick to face in the playoffs. Colts are well-coached and the Mayfield is getting hot for the Browns. Ravens are impressive against weak opponents.

I’m not sold either but they scare me the most for a single game. If for nothing else because they’ve had some success and have pulled some games out of their you know what the last 2 years. I think we have Browns / Colts beat in that department. 

Edited by billsfanmiamioh

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I tend to believe that F-bombs fly casually around the locker room and football field and that kind of comment "you got to throw the ball" is not rare either, but whaddo I know?

Agreed. ‘Naughty words’ are a thing of the past. They’ve become part of the lexicon today. Even choir boys Allen & McDermott 😇😇 have 4 letter bombs muted out in Rah-Rah speeches.

Some say it’s a sign of declining civilization. I’m just glad today’s kids don’t suffer a regular diet of Ivory soap like I did..🤮

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’m just glad today’s kids don’t suffer a regular diet of Ivory soap like I did..

Palmolive green bar soap at mine.  It only had to be administered once. 😳

Nowadays, the dizzy bastards do it voluntarily with detergent pods. 🤔🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Palmolive green bar soap at mine.  It only had to be administered once. 😳

Nowadays, the dizzy bastards do it voluntarily with detergent pods. 🤔🙄

That’s Funny!🤣 -and Sad!😢

I guess I was a slow learner. Once got the Ivory teeth brush just for spelling s*h*i*.. ‘But Dad! I didn’t even <Burp> (..bubbles..)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Agreed. ‘Naughty words’ are a thing of the past. They’ve become part of the lexicon today. Even choir boys Allen & McDermott 😇😇 have 4 letter bombs muted out in Rah-Rah speeches.

Some say it’s a sign of declining civilization. I’m just glad today’s kids don’t suffer a regular diet of Ivory soap like I did..🤮

“cause and effect” may be involved...the soap diet did tend to make an impression

Ivory?  How kind of your ‘rents.  Fels  Naptha

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just be glad it wasn't Lifebuoy.  

Image result for christmas story soap poisoning

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This sort of disrespect toward a vet QB is really shocking, especially coming from a rookie. I would think Jefferson had some Major apologizing to do. 

I Am sure there are some QBs in the league who wouldn’t even think about throwing his way for a while too. 

I do agree. It also makes me wonder if Kirk is an a-hole behind the scenes...doesn’t see like the team is 100% behind him. 

13 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, no one respects Cousins. There were always rumblings about him not being well liked in Washington. 

Probably true but i bet every time he looks at his bank account it makes him feel a little better ...

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I don't recall that but I remember the Jets were desperate to get him...

Shocking in hindsight...

I think the Jets actually offered more money

EDIT 

They did. Jets offered 3 years 90 million. Vikes offered 3years 84 million

Edited by Captain Hindsight
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Wasn't too long ago that a number of folks here were salivating over Cousins as an FA QB possibility for the Bills.

Well, sure, Duh! 

Look at the salivation against the background of who we'd had at QB for the previous 5 season -

Tyrod, Peterman, EJ Manuel, Cardale Jones, the Dregs of Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel.

If that's been the diet available, including the use of a 1st round pick, you gotta admit Kirk Cousins looks relatively tasty.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, T master said:

Probably true but i bet every time he looks at his bank account it makes him feel a little better ...

Yeah nice to be set for life if thats your goal but most players want to win a SB some where along the way for those nice retirement memories. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, sure, Duh! 

Look at the salivation against the background of who we'd had at QB for the previous 5 season -

Tyrod, Peterman, EJ Manuel, Cardale Jones, the Dregs of Matt Cassel, Kyle Orton, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel.

If that's been the diet available, including the use of a 1st round pick, you gotta admit Kirk Cousins looks relatively tasty.

Yah the  Tyrod and EJ show was certainly dismaying.  But if one were to take a shot at a QB,   someone like Cousins didn't seem all that appealing despite some good numbers because he was known for taking risks with the ball to try to make plays and also because he didn't exactly elevate the team with him.

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

I don't know Cousins personally, but I remember stories from when he was in Washington about him being rather arrogant in his piety which caused friction among his teammates. 

Someone on here said that was a factor causing friction with Diggs in Minn - that Cousins held prayer meetings in the facility and was apparently pretty insistent about teammates attending.  Diggs is apparently Christian, but low-key about his faith.  And of course, among Christians there are many different variations of belief (that being the basis of the Emo Phillips joke), so it's an abuse of the QB's leadership position IMO if it's true that he was basically trying to force-feed his particular faith on teammates.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Is Lamar great again because he wiped the Jags? I'm not sold. Ravens would be my pick to face in the playoffs. Colts are well-coached and the Mayfield is getting hot for the Browns. Ravens are impressive against weak opponents.

My 2 cents..

Rivers in buffalo - his arm is not great. They do have a seriously solid offensive line though, and a run game that's starting to really find its footing.  They also feature the best defense in this group

Browns - Mayfield looks solid, has the arm - when the pocket is solid.  Muddy that up and he tends to fade, and his throws aren't on target.  They also have a solid o-line and running game.  Their defense is probably the worst in this group.

Ravens - LJ poses problems as its unlike what you see any other week, solid running attack.  They have speed on offense but they don't really throw deep often.  They have a lot of talent on defense and the goal is to make you 1 dimensional.  

15 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Was he Kirk's first read? If so, that makes sense.

I mean... you got a half field read there.  You have to throw it.  

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Someone on here said that was a factor causing friction with Diggs in Minn - that Cousins held prayer meetings in the facility and was apparently pretty insistent about teammates attending.  Diggs is apparently Christian, but low-key about his faith.  And of course, among Christians there are many different variations of belief (that being the basis of the Emo Phillips joke), so it's an abuse of the QB's leadership position IMO if it's true that he was basically trying to force-feed his particular faith on teammates.

Agreed. There is a difference between being a "light" in the world and forcing your way into a room to cut the light on. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why don't you guys step off a little bit.

I mean Kirk is only costing them 28 million dollars a year and has nothing to show for it.  

What did you expect, for him to constantly get better, make the playoffs 67% of his time tere, win division championships and be in the top 3 or 4 QBs in the League?  

Do you think it is easy being Fitzy 2.0?  It isn't.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Yah the  Tyrod and EJ show was certainly dismaying.  But if one were to take a shot at a QB,   someone like Cousins didn't seem all that appealing despite some good numbers because he was known for taking risks with the ball to try to make plays and also because he didn't exactly elevate the team with him.

Well, see, I would have disagreed with you on both those points - but it was clear he was simply a competent NFL QB, it wasn't like he was going to rip his suit off and become Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Wilson, or Mahomes.  But at the time, it seemed as though we had a strong defense and a strong run game, so a competent NFL QB who would actually make throws downfield might get us somewhere.

I had no quarrel with the Bills not wanting to pay his asking price.

29 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Browns - Mayfield looks solid, has the arm - when the pocket is solid.  Muddy that up and he tends to fade, and his throws aren't on target.  They also have a solid o-line and running game.  Their defense is probably the worst in this group.

I thought the gouge on Mayfield was set the edge and keep him in the pocket vs. PA/rollout?

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, see, I would have disagreed with you on both those points - but it was clear he was simply a competent NFL QB, it wasn't like he was going to rip his suit off and become Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Wilson, or Mahomes.  But at the time, it seemed as though we had a strong defense and a strong run game, so a competent NFL QB who would actually make throws downfield might get us somewhere.

I thought the gouge on Mayfield was set the edge and keep him in the pocket vs. PA/rollout?

totally agree with you on these points.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If he can't step into his throws he tends to miss.  Play action, he'll set up super deep like brees so he can see the field better.  He's not super athletic, but when hes rolling out he tends to fade back and right which will result in turnovers or throwaways.  

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

If he can't step into his throws he tends to miss.  Play action, he'll set up super deep like brees so he can see the field better.  He's not super athletic, but when hes rolling out he tends to fade back and right which will result in turnovers or throwaways.  

In my limited observation, Stefanski and Mayfield are trying to incorporate some elements of Daboll/Allen - the pass by another player to Mayfield, the occasional designed run etc.

Imitation and flattery...............

He actually looked pretty accurate rolling out last night, but on the other hand after the 1st Q the Giants defense seemed to start phoning it in, so..

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In my limited observation, Stefanski and Mayfield are trying to incorporate some elements of Daboll/Allen - the pass by another player to Mayfield, the occasional designed run etc.

Imitation and flattery...............

He actually looked pretty accurate rolling out last night, but on the other hand after the 1st Q the Giants defense seemed to start phoning it in, so..

I think a designed rollout is fine - typically its coming out of play action, and its a hi-low read with a scramble as the last option.  He can make those throws I think.  It's when he's moving around the pocket when he tends to drop his eyes and make mistakes.  

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I think a designed rollout is fine - typically its coming out of play action, and its a hi-low read with a scramble as the last option.  He can make those throws I think.  It's when he's moving around the pocket when he tends to drop his eyes and make mistakes.  

Right, so the stuff the Giants didn't do last night - set the edge and contain him, then pressure