And on top of this...we get John Brown back...

Hebert19

Ain’t nobody wants any of what this team is handing out!!!

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

This Bills team has become scary good. I cannot believe how much Allen has progressed. I remember discussing this a year ago...how he will just emerge!

Yeah it’s been amazing to watch his growth this season. I expected him to take a step forward, but I definitely didn’t expect this! The way he’s playing right now, he’s a legit top 3-5 QB right now. He’s being mentioned in the same sentence as Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson. It feels kind of surreal. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, RunJoshRun said:

Brown will open things even more for Diggs

You're joking right?  "even more"?? 

Without Brown, Diggs has caught 31/37 targets for 369 yards the past 3 games.  He's become the NFL leading WR in Brown's absence, for the most part. 

This legend of Brown stuff is out of control.  Diggs and Beasley are killing it without all that "smoke"....

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Without Brown, Diggs has caught 31/37 targets for 369 yards the past 3 games.  He's become the NFL leading WR in Brown's absence, for the most part. 

This legend of Brown stuff is out of control.  Diggs and Beasley are killing it without all that "smoke"....

What’s wrong with you?  You sound bitter that Bills fans are excited to have Brown back on the field.  The guy is a good receiver, great speed and pretty good route runner.   The Bills will be an even better offense with Brown on the field.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

We can 100% shoot it out come playoff time. 
Love the way the defense is playing but you know damn well the refs will not allow anyone to touch Mahomes come playoff time. San Fran and Bosa owned that KC line in the first half, then suddenly holding was no longer a penalty. Bosa got mugged. This year, holding is everywhere so you gotta shoot it out. I think Buffalo might be the only offense capable of keeping up with KC. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Magox said:

What’s wrong with you?  You sound bitter that Bills fans are excited to have Brown back on the field.  The guy is a good receiver, great speed and pretty good route runner.   The Bills will be an even better offense with Brown on the field.

Chill, Winston.  Just read what I posted.

I'm disagreeing with the (now) cliche that the Bills Offense isn't as good without Brown on the field.  In particular the pretty wild claim that the hottest WR in the NFL is only missing John Brown to reach....the next level?  This is obviously untrue.  So I pointed that out.

No, the O isn't the same without him.  They were scoring 26.25 points the 4 games with him before he went on IR. Over the past 3 games they are averaging 33.75.  

Sure it will be nice to have him back (if he's 100%).  But they have been accelerating without him---especially Diggs.  Suggesting that Diggs in particular is being held back in any way without Brown isn't supported by fact.  So I said so.  Relax.

• Haha (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And smoke makes them better... be happy. Speed kills and he brings it. Makes 4 wides scary 😦 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

And smoke makes them better... be happy. Speed kills and he brings it. Makes 4 wides scary 😦 

We'll see what speed he has left.  Not much since September/October.  Significantly increasing your production in the absence of a player isn't a strong argument for missing him.

• Haha (+1) 1

Interesting comment. So they will now spread it out among more skill players. I’m fascinated that you think he doesn’t elevate this teams potential. Stats are stats the actual challenges that an opponent has to deal with are most important. Let’s catch up in a few weeks. Agree to disagree for now. 🍻!!!

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Chill, Winston.  Just read what I posted.

I'm disagreeing with the (now) cliche that the Bills Offense isn't as good without Brown on the field.  In particular the pretty wild claim that the hottest WR in the NFL is only missing John Brown to reach....the next level?  This is obviously untrue.  So I pointed that out.

No, the O isn't the same without him.  They were scoring 26.25 points the 4 games with him before he went on IR. Over the past 3 games they are averaging 33.75.  

Sure it will be nice to have him back (if he's 100%).  But they have been accelerating without him---especially Diggs.  Suggesting that Diggs in particular is being held back in any way without Brown isn't supported by fact.  So I said so.  Relax.

What cliche. John Brown makes this O better. 31 NFL GM’s hope he doesn’t come back. 

16 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

What cliche. John Brown makes this O better. 31 NFL GM’s hope he doesn’t come back. 

Given how well the O has played without him.  It's hard to state they will get better with him.  That's what I'm saying.

29 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Interesting comment. So they will now spread it out among more skill players. I’m fascinated that you think he doesn’t elevate this teams potential. Stats are stats the actual challenges that an opponent has to deal with are most important. Let’s catch up in a few weeks. Agree to disagree for now. 🍻!!!

Stats are results.  The Bills are scoring 34 ppg now.  That IS their elevated potential.  It has been realized.  Sure Josh will slice the pie one more way (at the expense of 2 guys getting an insane amount of targets right now).  But if it doesn't result in more points, it isn't better.  There's no other meaningful way to measure it.

He certainly makes Buffalo harder to defend.  Buffalo will be a problem.  They are running when they want to.  At the end of the day whats the best formuala?   The line and the backs. Or Allen and the pass catchers?  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Stats are results.  The Bills are scoring 34 ppg now.  That IS their elevated potential.  It has been realized.  Sure Josh will slice the pie one more way (at the expense of 2 guys getting an insane amount of targets right now).  But if it doesn't result in more points, it isn't better.  There's no other meaningful way to measure it.

When Brown is available he definitely makes the work day easier for Diggs, more than you think. Diggs has done a great job carrying the WR load, but that's what true #1 WR's do. Brown in the line up will definitely make this offense better than it already is. 

And Beasley has also done a great job in Brown's absence. So when Brown is there, it does make it easier for the other WR's and Josh.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Your missing the point. Teams are better when your best players play. JB clearly makes this team more explosive. He has to be accounted for. Your off base. It’s like saying the Bills are better without Milano because Klein had some great games. Yikes man JB makes us better. Don’t care about the stats. If he catches one bomb over the top each opponent has to game plan for that. Can’t explain it more simply! 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

2 D td’s improve that pts per game? 

10 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

When Brown is available he definitely makes the work day easier for Diggs, more than you think. Diggs has done a great job carrying the WR load, but that's what true #1 WR's do. Brown in the line up will definitely make this offense better than it already is. 

And Beasley has also done a great job in Brown's absence. So when Brown is there, it does make it easier for the other WR's and Josh.

Brown will take from some of Digg's crazy 11 catches per game he's now getting.  I don't think Digg's play will get "easier"--he's dominating Defenses without Brown.  This couldn't be more obvious.  

7 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Your missing the point. Teams are better when your best players play. JB clearly makes this team more explosive. He has to be accounted for. Your off base. It’s like saying the Bills are better without Milano because Klein had some great games. Yikes man JB makes us better. Don’t care about the stats. If he catches one bomb over the top each opponent has to game plan for that. Can’t explain it more simply! 

Here's what no one could conclude after tonight's game:

1) Diggs really needs someone to take the coverage off him so he can get open more.

2) Josh really needs more receiving options (7 different players caught passes tonight).

As far as receiver go this year, Diggs (and Beasley, for that matter) is Milano this season, and Brown ("some great games") is Klein.  Your comparison is off base. 

It will nice for a healthy Brown to be back.  But I don't see it bringing Diggs to another level ("opening things up" more for him).

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Brown’s speed is difficult to account for. 

His yards before catch and average depth of target have both dropped each year over the past 3.  He's getting shorter passes.  He may not have that speed anymore.

OF the starters who have missed significant games this year, he may have proven to be the most replaceable (or Morse).  

Edited by Mr. WEO

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brown will take from some of Digg's crazy 11 catches per game he's now getting.  I don't think Digg's play will get "easier"--he's dominating Defenses without Brown.  This couldn't be more obvious.  

Here's what no one could conclude after tonight's game:

1) Diggs really needs someone to take the coverage off him so he can get open more.

2) Josh really needs more receiving options (7 different players caught passes tonight).

As far as receiver go this year, Diggs (and Beasley, for that matter) is Milano this season, and Brown ("some great games") is Klein.  Your comparison is off base. 

It will nice for a healthy Brown to be back.  But I don't see it bringing Diggs to another level ("opening things up" more for him).

I’ve never said anything about making Diggs better. We played Denver and Pitt. Both suffering from DB health issues. It’s about our team being better. It’s hard for me to fathom that you don’t get that. Once again the stats are irrelevant. The Bills with JB are a better team. The 3-4 wide sets benefit from him being available. It requires attention. The better teams will be more difficult and attempt to take Diggs away. CB, JB, and GD collectively make that harder to do. It couldn’t be more obvious to everyone on this thread but you! 

2 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I’ve never said anything about making Diggs better. We played Denver and Pitt. Both suffering from DB health issues. It’s about our team being better. It’s hard for me to fathom that you don’t get that. Once again the stats are irrelevant. The Bills with JB are a better team. The 3-4 wide sets benefit from him being available. It requires attention. The better teams will be more difficult and attempt to take Diggs away. CB, JB, and GD collectively make that harder to do. It couldn’t be more obvious to everyone on this thread but you! 

Scroll up and see what I was responding to initially (OP).  

They've run lots of 3 WR sets with Davis and this has resulted in Diggs and Beasley reaching crazy levels.  Every team has tried to take Diggs away, but he's peaking.  Unstoppable as is. 

We shall see.  But you can't say "they are better" without some metric to back that up.   

I can additionally explain it. But I can’t make you understand it. Metrics are data. Reality is a cb playing man on JB in a playoff game because we have Diggs, Beasley, and GB. But none of them take the top off. So appreciate you as Bills fan. But exhausted with this conversation. Have a great night ! Cheers 🍻 to our Bills!!!!

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Dolphins, Raiders and Seahawks games are the three highest YPC games of the season for Diggs and it's no coincidence that Brown was opposite him in those games.

Diggs can run his short routes deeper when the defense has to be aware of the possibility of Brown getting over the top.

Diggs has become more of a focal point with Brown out so he's been getting fed more but so many of those passes are in front of the sticks now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Scroll up and see what I was responding to initially (OP).  

They've run lots of 3 WR sets with Davis and this has resulted in Diggs and Beasley reaching crazy levels.  Every team has tried to take Diggs away, but he's peaking.  Unstoppable as is. 

We shall see.  But you can't say "they are better" without some metric to back that up.   

It has nothing to do with the production of the individual players and everything to do with the defense having to game plan around another receiving threat. 

Open things up is a pretty vague statement, it doesn’t necessarily mean increase his counting stats. His numbers may ultimately decline because there’s an additional target for JA. 

I didn’t realize having more weapons was a negative... pretty impressive how you framed it that way. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

This Bills team has become scary good. I cannot believe how much Allen has progressed. I remember discussing this a year ago...how he will just emerge!

They kind of remind me of the Sabre team coming out of the lockout...kind of out of nowhere became not just a good team but simply dominant.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Holy *****.  We are able to run when needed.  Pass block like there is no tomorrow.   Defense gets better every week and...we add our clutch number 2 back.  Woah

which is fantastic in more ways than one - besides getting him back, packages and plays featuring Brown haven’t been shown in weeks. More surprises for playoff opponents.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

It has nothing to do with the production of the individual players and everything to do with the defense having to game plan around another receiving threat. 

Open things up is a pretty vague statement, it doesn’t necessarily mean increase his counting stats. His numbers may ultimately decline because there’s an additional target for JA. 

I didn’t realize having more weapons was a negative... pretty impressive how you framed it that way. 

I'm trying to figure out what he has against John Brown.  Because this it the stance he takes when he doesn't like a player, i.e. "they did fine without him, they don't need him back."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3