ESPN Cover Story: Stefon Diggs Is Buffalo's Miracle Man

BigDingus

Awesome article.

It seems like Buffalo was the perfect landing spot for Diggs in a many ways.

My favorite part of the article was definitely his discussing his excitement about Allen to his brother: "He's real, bro....He's real!"

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I love him even more now that I know he chose "The Alchemist" to read prior to coming here as a means of introspection.  That book has changed my life in many ways...it is AMAZING and I have read it probably 5 or 6 times and learn something new everytime I read it.

Came here for the story and found a book! Thanks for that, just Amazon'd it!

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Diggs has brought an attitude to our offense that we haven't had in forever.  He has helped our mentality and that is something that has tremendously helped us that's not measured on the stat sheet.

Collinsworth and Tirico brought up the idea that Cole Beasley rubbed off on Diggs and I wonder if this is true. Cole is an amazing route runner, and I wonder if he's helped Diggs become even better in that department, because the way Diggs is breaking ankles now is unbelievable. I never watched the Vikes too much, though, so I can't say he's always been this good or not.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i've said this before in another thread when somebody was claiming we "lost" the trade while they were just referencing jeffersons stats. Diggs brought a handful of extremely important things that arent on any stat sheet. Things that a rookie or even a year 2 guy isnt gonna bring. From what i've read he's a tireless worker. When your top 2 offensive players are there to outwork everyone, theres a trickle down effect.... i would guess the mindset that him and josh have brought rubs off on everyone. When the top guys set a standard everyone else feels that sense to duty.

4th and 3 and we gotta have it..... I may be taking diggs over ANYONE.

Also not really talked about, but how many times have we seen a good run happen because Diggs made a big block.

There are some times where I think he's a bit lacksadaisical where he'll kind of stop while running a route because he thinks the play is dead, but I'm going to chalk that up to him not being used to Josh's ability to extend plays beyond a reasonable limit. Last few games we have seen him work to give Allen someone to pass to while he's scrambling.

It's just the start of, hopefully, a long and prosperous relationship. I don't regret this trade even a little, other than I wish we got him at the DeAndre Hopkins pricetag.

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

McD's observation in that article is spot-on.  The one thing I noticed is how Diggs has upped the play of those around him.  I feel like drops are down this year, and the other receivers are making more ridiculous catches on a routine basis.  

edit: one other thing. I went back to look at Diggs’ GW playoff catch. I had no memory of that. Great play. I thought the Bills only suffer heart-wrenching plays— Saints must be sick to their stomachs allowing that catch to lose a playoff game. 

it’s not even the worst of their current groups playoff heartbreaks. Really something that they haven’t been in another SB. But the playoffs are tough and flukey. Got to take every advantage you can along the way. That’s why I’m all about beating bad teams, beat up teams, etc... and getting that bye instead of that “give me the toughest schedule” talk 

• Like (+1) 1

I wanted the Bills to draft D.K., then Higgins after that fell through.  Before that I wanted the Bills to sign Allen Robinson (who would have been here a year before Josh) or explore a trade for Julio Jones.

Been trying to get a stud receiver on this team since Dez Bryant declared.  Finally, we have one with Diggs. *exhale*

Now, on to the RB position.  The final missing piece between the Bills and the Lombardi, IMO.

Jury is still out on Moss and Singletary is good, but we need a 3 down stud.

9 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I wanted the Bills to draft D.K., then Higgins after that fell through.  Before that I wanted the Bills to sign Allen Robinson (who would have been here a year before Josh) or explore a trade for Julio Jones.

Been trying to get a stud receiver on this team since Dez Bryant declared.  Finally, we have one with Diggs. *exhale*

Now, on to the RB position.  The final missing piece between the Bills and the Lombardi, IMO.

Jury is still out on Moss and Singletary is good, but we need a 3 down stud.

I think Singletary can be that. He started off slow, but his now up to 4.3 YPA. Last year he was 5.1.

I really would not want to invest in a RB. I feel like RBs are so highly dependent on the O-Line and that lines up because Singletary has gotten significantly more productive since the O-Line has gotten healthy. Moss is pretty good too. Neither of them has that breakout speed, but we aren't reliant on the run game so we just need Motor to give a different look every few plays, and get our big plays through the air.

41 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Collinsworth and Tirico brought up the idea that Cole Beasley rubbed off on Diggs and I wonder if this is true. Cole is an amazing route runner, and I wonder if he's helped Diggs become even better in that department, because the way Diggs is breaking ankles now is unbelievable. I never watched the Vikes too much, though, so I can't say he's always been this good or not.

No.  Il recommend going back and listening or watch Chris Simms unbotton podcast when the trade happened.  He thought it was a perfect fit with Dabol and Allen.  He said Diggs will come in and do all the edleman/ welker stuff underneath.  Simms said he was an elite route runner and understands why he was frustrated with Minnesota because they were not using him right. If you take that away he is also one of the best deep threats in the league.  

After listening to Simms for a few years, dating back to bleacher report, the majority of media do not watch games.  They all go with the same narrative.  One person says something everyone goes with it.  Too many games most people dont watch enough to form their own opinion and it shows.

15 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

I think Singletary can be that. He started off slow, but his now up to 4.3 YPA. Last year he was 5.1.

I really would not want to invest in a RB. I feel like RBs are so highly dependent on the O-Line and that lines up because Singletary has gotten significantly more productive since the O-Line has gotten healthy. Moss is pretty good too. Neither of them has that breakout speed, but we aren't reliant on the run game so we just need Motor to give a different look every few plays, and get our big plays through the air.

Buffalo doesnt need to lead the league in rushing.  They do need to run when they need to.  Last 7 minutes vs Pitts is huge.  That wins.  Establishing the run is a mis nomer.  Buffalo didnt go to 4 straight by establishing the run.  

33 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

You are correct but having a consistent threat in the run game makes this team all that more dangerous. At minimum, they'd be able to close out games easier.

I'd sacrifice the cap for a year or 2 for a Super Bowl ring or 2, without question.

This whole Diggs experience is just a big, big smile.

When we made the trade, the rest of NFL fandom - at least from what I read on some of the boards - thought we were making a huge mistake, and that Diggs would never be happy playing with "inaccurate" Allen.

Instead, Allen is in the MVP conversation, and people are calling Diggs the best receiver in the league.  And he's just an awesome Buffalo Bill - he makes unselfish plays & is a true leader out on the field.  One of my favorite clips of him this year was when it looked like Allen might be hurt - he went right up to Barkley on the sideline and was already thinking ahead.

He, Beasley, Brown & Davis - I mean, what a contrast to years ago when our WR corps was JAG city.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Just finished the article--absolutely has already made my day. I wanna go jump through a table now or something--the Broncos game can't start soon enough!! :thumbsup:

you haven’t jumped through a table yet today?   what???!    I’m on my third. ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

So, my son had a cameo on the attached video with the article -he of the infamous ‘Latrine Leap’ from the Jax playoff game. He manages a Gym and one of his customers is close with Stefon. Maaaaybeee a couple tix in Tampa, early February???..

D645901D-57E5-4347-B0A7-C740BA2BDB88.jpeg

88053296-D09D-472F-B621-54E61BEC458A.jpeg

A7B3C6AF-FF42-469E-A652-05CED120680C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Both teams made out on that trade.  Vikes replaced Diggs with a 1400 yard Pro Bowl (possible 2nd team All Pro) rookie.  Theilen had 14 TDs.  Combined they were 21 TDs and almost 2400 yards.  Bills made Diggs the NFL's to WR.

Win Win.  Although argument could be made that Bills could have had Jefferson and kept all the picks.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/17/2020 at 4:58 PM, RyanC883 said:

you haven’t jumped through a table yet today?   what???!    I’m on my third. ;)

Have you done three at once like some martial artists do with bricks?

I wonder if Don Tow has done a physics lesson on breaking tables.

Table breaking never impressed me maybe because most of the breakers were trunk.

• Awesome! (+1) 1