Week 8 MNF: TB at Giants 8:20pm on ESPN

stuvian

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Does Arians or Leftwich call plays for the Bucs ? Brady has really carried them this season, but I’m rarely impressed with the play calling, especially with Arians allegedly being another offensive guru. 

Arians likes throwing the ball downfield, something Brady isn't great at at this stage of his career.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Does Arians or Leftwich call plays for the Bucs ? Brady has really carried them this season, but I’m rarely impressed with the play calling, especially with Arians allegedly being another offensive guru. 

Leftwich is gonna be a head coach candidate next year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Arians likes throwing the ball downfield, something Brady isn't great at at this stage of his career.

That’s what I’ve noticed this season, and they’ve overcome that, but sometimes their offense is a mix of excessive running and downfield passing. Brady has still been very good, but I think he could excel even greater in an adjusted version of that offense. 

3 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Leftwich is gonna be a head coach candidate next year.

Brady has knack of doing that for his OC’s. 

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It's easy when we see it in slow motion on TV.  I'm more and more in favor of a sky judge to help the officials on the field out.

That one was pretty obvious live as well.

I don’t hate the sky judge idea as a theory, I just don’t trust them not to f everything up and make it way worse. 

15 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Brady might not be the sole reason Belicheat is considered a genius, but Brady was smart enough to know Pats* cupboards were EMPTY! He looks so much more comfortable this season, even with everything being new.

They went 11-5 with Cassell and 4-0 without Brady during his deflate gate suspension. It was at the very least a mutually beneficial relationship. 

• Like (+1) 1

That 4th down conversion to Slayton basically won me my fantasy matchup...it left the Giants with 299 yards and once Jones ran for 15 on the next play to put them over 300 the 2 point lead my opponent had evaporated to a 3 point deficit.

I will win unless Jones throws a pick 6 or gets sacked 3 times or 2 sacks and a fumble.

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

They went 11-5 with Cassell and 4-0 without Brady during his deflate gate suspension. It was at the very least a mutually beneficial relationship. 

I absolutely agree, but that roster was also stacked during the Matt Cassell year. This is before Belichick sabotaged himself by being an awful GM. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, qwksilver said:

That TD throw was spot on. You might be correct.

He might finally have an O-line in front of them. They drafted Thomas and Hernandez high up the past 3 drafts, they traded for a quality guard in Zeitger and Solder is a decent tackle even if he is massively overpaid. They just need to get a good system going around him and some more help at WR. Overall I think Jones has earned another season there.