Gameday around the NFL 10/18

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Dude. You're all right with me but this take is horrible. Wentz is incredibly overrated.

The question is what is he rated in the year 2020?

I think it’s certainly less than when he was drafted.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Figster said:

does

You go up by 8 and force the 2 point conversion IMO.

If you believe in momentum shifts you just lost some on the missed 2 point conversion.

Its also basically telling your teams D you have very little faith in them.

And they shouldn't have any faith in that D. It sucks. Really, really bad.

Just now, ExWNYer said:

He can't even stay on the field. And my take on you is not awful.

?????

He's missed 8 starts in 5 years. Has played 21 consecutive starts. This is a take trapped in 2018.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Dude. You're all right with me but this take is horrible. Wentz is incredibly overrated.

Nah. I don't see him in anyone's top 10 or anyone talking about him like that anymore. He's talked about as an average to above average dude, which he is.

5 minutes ago, Putin said:

I wonder how many 2 point tries were successful today ?

Well Tenn had already converted one against Houston on their previous score and had three open guys Tanny could throw to. 

People are missing the point here. The % in other scenarios is irrelevant when your D hasn't stopped the opposition all day. 

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Now you've done it

I don’t normally go there but, this is just brutal 

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I just want a fist fight between Gase and Williams.  Is that too much to ask?

Anyone watching Miami-Jets by choice should at least get that 

• Haha (+1) 1

I wish we had drafted AJ Brown. He’s a beast. 

that being said, is it just me or does he get away with push offs?  He makes it look so subtle that the refs aren’t flagging them. But he extends his arm every time it seems like. Good for him for not getting called but I can see some of those going against him somewhere down the line. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Well Tenn had already converted one against Houston on their previous score and had three open guys Tanny could throw to. 

People are missing the point here. The % in other scenarios is irrelevant when your D hasn't stopped the opposition all day. 

But should Houston of had that much confidence in their own Offense or were they basically choosing between ***** decision?

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

?????

He's missed 8 starts in 5 years. Has played 21 consecutive starts. This is a take trapped in 2018.

Nah. I don't see him in anyone's top 10 or anyone talking about him like that anymore. He's talked about as an average to above average dude, which he is.

I mean just 2 years ago he was cited as a reason by people for drafting Josh Allen because they'd had the same college coach.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m at the point where I think Bama could beat the Jets.

I mean generally the whole talent gap is why it's such a ridiculous premise though the Jets are trying real hard to make that debatable. But the coaching is such a vast gap that I don't know maybe.

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’ve seen Tampa with Brady play far too much this season, and I’m very confused with how Bruce Arians was seen as an offensive guru. That offense looks stale and predictable. 

I mean when Brady throws the ball it takes like 2 minutes to get to the receiver 5 yards away.  What more can they do?

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

Do you realize by missing the 2 point conversion you just made it even harder for the D your calling bad?

I make it slightly easier for Tenn because they have to make 1 play fewer. But I am pretty convinced they are going to make every play unless I take the ball away. Because I have seen the previous 58 minutes of football.

There are lots of teams in the league who should kick the XP there. Then there are half a dozen who can't stop anyone - Houston are in that group - for whom your only chances to win are on offense.

Edited by GunnerBill