Lorax discusses Tremaine Edmunds

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I do agree there are plenty of time he is lost in space in the zone. 

He's stuck between reading run vs pass, which will stall all LBs unless they simply make the right guess in desperation mode, or if the offense is overtly tipping their hand.

All LBs can be exploited by that design unless the DL gets pressure to force the QB off their mark.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

There’s not a MLB in the league who is going to make a play when quarterbacks have time and just read Edmunds and work against his momentum to the open receiver. It’s easily manipulated. You can see the quarterbacks just watching him backpedal and the receiver working behind and boom easy catch. 

Right. I think McD and Co like his range/length and think this can be an asset while in zone coverage. That being said, i think he’s being wasted in space. Who’s fault? Idk. But it seems like he could be put in or find a better position on many of those situations

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He's stuck between reading run vs pass, which will stall all LBs unless they simply make the right guess in desperation mode, or if the offense is overtly tipping their hand.

All LBs can be exploited by that design unless the DL gets pressure to force the QB off their mark.

I don’t necessarily mean play action plays, but your points are valid.

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Meh...Lorax hasn't been a guy who just blows smoke up our asses. He notes the tape....and as you see above, we have Cover1 analyzing tape that Edmunds is making good reads and pursuit, downhill, with conviction.

I've subscribed to the belief that the DL is struggling more than the LBs are. Its a team sport.

Tremaine and Lorax are tight.  Tremaine is hurt. I’m sure the injury affects certain aspects of the game.  Certain aspects are mental.  That’s where Tremaine is having a bunch of issues from eye.  He’s weak with the wrap up as well, but being in the wrong spot is his problem more often than not.  

I didn’t see the video.  Is this cover 1 tape from the raider game?  I watched it previously.  He was solid in that game.  Terrible vs the rams. Terrible vs the Titans.  

Edmunds misses Star a lot. 

Our defense is struggling because we are weaker up the middle without Star and Phillips.  That and injuries to Milano, Levi, and Tre. 

26 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Meh...Lorax hasn't been a guy who just blows smoke up our asses. He notes the tape....and as you see above, we have Cover1 analyzing tape that Edmunds is making good reads and pursuit, downhill, with conviction.

I've subscribed to the belief that the DL is struggling more than the LBs are. Its a team sport.

The DL has to do more to keep blocker off of Edmund too.  

I think that missing Star and Phillips from last year is hurting.  Star ate up blockers for other people to make plays.  Phillips made plays.  

• Like (+1) 1

I am a huge fan of Tremaine and am willing to get through his “growing pains” as a mlb. But I too have grown tired of missed holes he should be filling and missed tackles he should be making. It has become even more visible this year and it maybe time to think of him as an olb or possibly even a pass rusher with his speed we all think he has! 

Edited by Baba Booey

43 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Meh...Lorax hasn't been a guy who just blows smoke up our asses.

If that depiction bothers you then think of it more like Lorax just ran a play-action fake and a bunch of you are now left holding your ***** at the LOS.    Where he wants you.

Lorax is a pro.   He knows that a majority of the fan base can be neutralized with a little sales job.

When it comes to MLB play Lorax is telling you that he is "trying"...........but much like the RB position that it mirrors MLB is about what you "do"........and the reasons why some can't "do" are less quantifiable than just saying "the film says he's going in the right direction!".     

4 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

I am a huge fan of Tremaine and am willing to get through his “growing pains” as a mlb. But I too have grown tired of missed holes he should be filling and missed tackles he should be making. It has become even more visible this year and it maybe time to think of him as an olb or possibly even a pass rusher with all his speed we all think he has! 

He's been a major college and pro LB for 6 years now.

Brian Urlacher........a frequent Edmunds comp....... was a safety in college and played at an All Pro level at MLB as a rookie in the NFL.   No experience at all required.

It's a position that requires great instincts and if you need a long time to learn how to play that position(and 3 years is a long time in the NFL) then you probably don't belong there.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

This is a completely out of left field take.... the “hate” has nothing to do with his draft spot. If anything the constant shouting down from fans to other fans criticizing his play is due to his draft spot. 

He's been pretty sheltered from criticism for two years.   But eventually when you don't produce fans will start to wonder why.  What bothers me more than his lack of production at MLB is that they have wasted his potential on the outside.   This guy should be coming off the edge and using his length to create turnovers.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Edmunds is coming around. He is also playing behind a d line that Leslie and Sean have been tinkering with. 

The hate comes from his draft spot. Some people think because he was a first round pick he should be all pro from day one. He has had some ups and a few downs. Personally any regression that he has displayed is due to other factors than Edmunds just forgot how to play LB.

This is getting close to midway through his 3rd season, hardly day one. His play has been very poor compared to last season, it's impossible to deny that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Playing downhill?....he lost me on that comment.  

he is getting pushed downhill.  

51 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

If the shoulder is causing defenses to consistently get easy points, why is he on the field?!?

bingo.   it’s not the shoulder. its like they cant fathom that he is not a mlb.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, klos63 said:

This is getting close to midway through his 3rd season, hardly day one. His play has been very poor compared to last season, it's impossible to deny that.

I would strongly encourage you and everyone else to watch the cover1 piece @BurpleBull posted above and read @Buffalo716 comments on our scheme predictibility in the Frazier's Gotta Be Fired thread which actually has a bunch of decent football discussion despite the crap title.

There just may be a case to be made for the role of predictable play calling in Edwards play dropping off.

It should also be noted the significant turnover on the DL and at LB (Lorax). 

Point is with poor results, it can be hard to isolate why the results are poor.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Henry ran for 57 yards and a 3 ypc average? His one TD was from the 1 in a jumbo set, nobody's stopping that.

If he's misdiagnosing everything how did the best running back in the league average only 3 yards on the day? 

Edited by Nelius

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would strongly encourage you and everyone else to watch the cover1 piece @BurpleBull posted above and read @Buffalo716 comments on our scheme predictibility in the Frazier's Gotta Be Fired thread which actually has a bunch of decent football discussion despite the crap title.

There just may be a case to be made for the role of predictable play calling in Edwards play dropping off.

It should also be noted the significant turnover on the DL and at LB (Lorax). 

Point is with poor results, it can be hard to isolate why the results are poor.

Edge control has been horrific. Our ends were sealed on a lot of plays on Tuesday. 

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

There’s not a MLB in the league who is going to make a play when quarterbacks have time and just read Edmunds and work against his momentum to the open receiver. It’s easily manipulated. You can see the quarterbacks just watching him backpedal and the receiver working behind and boom easy catch. 

Kuechly would:cry:

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Henry ran for 57 yards and a 3 ypc average? His one TD was from the 1 in a jumbo set, nobody's stopping that.

If he's misdiagnosing everything how did the best running back in the league average only 3 yards on the day? 

He actually did a decent job on his run fits on Thursday. He was kinda selling out for the run though and that may have been the gameplan but it hurt us in the play action game. And that is what killed us Tuesday.