MNF: Chargers at Saints

YoloinOhio

Anyone else feel pretty good that Miami took Tua and not Justin Herbert?  i mean Tua could be really good, we just have no clue... or if he’s durable. But Herbert is the prototype and looks great so early in his career. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Herbert looks amazing to me - I really did not expect him to look this good this quickly.  But he has serious talent and poise.  Footwork and throwing motion seem perfect.  Doesn’t get rattled.  Did the Dolphins draft the wrong QB?

"Did the Dolphins _____ the wrong ______?"  Yes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Are you saying he's better as a rookie than Allen was as a rookie or that he, as a rookie, is better than Allen right now?  Because the latter is patently untrue.

Agreed, but he's definitely ahead of where Josh was as a rookie, which is to be expected.  He started for four years at a major program.  Josh started for two years at Wyoming.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Herbert looks amazing to me - I really did not expect him to look this good this quickly.  But he has serious talent and poise.  Footwork and throwing motion seem perfect.  Doesn’t get rattled.  Did the Dolphins draft the wrong QB?

Bengals might have drafted the wrong QB. I've been impressed with Burrow but it's a very safe pick. It's hard to win in the modern NFL with that arm strength and lack of mobility. Brady is the only one still making it work. My prediction is Burrow has a frustrating career where people are always saying "if you just give him an offensive line..." but that's not how the NFL works anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

love the deep ball 

why does Kamara have so few touches?

because the coach is an idiot. Thinks he's smarter than everyone else, using Kamara as a decoy or on the sidelines & giving the FB the carry on a crucial 3rd and short.

Him subbing out Brees for Hill, continually while seeing it blow up in his face again & again, just shows how he's stuck inside his own head, as opposed to what he sees on the field.

5 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Are you saying he's better as a rookie than Allen was as a rookie or that he, as a rookie, is better than Allen right now?  Because the latter is patently untrue.

rookie to rookie comparison. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Yes he is. Relax though, it doesn’t mean he’s going to be better than Allen. 

The whole world knows this

i read the other quote to be that herbert is better than allen now. This is not true. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Bengals might have drafted the wrong QB. I've been impressed with Burrow but it's a very safe pick. It's hard to win in the modern NFL with that arm strength and lack of mobility. Brady is the only one still making it work. My prediction is Burrow has a frustrating career where people are always saying "if you just give him an offensive line..." but that's not how the NFL works anymore.

Burrow is as advertised right now, above the shoulders he’s already top five in the NFL.  Problem is they are going to get him killed behind that line.  Watching him run for his life yesterday (7 sacks and took a brutal pounding) I started wondering if he’ll pull an Andrew Luck and peace out if they don’t fix things in a few years.  He’s too smart to put up with that nonsense.

Just now, balln said:

you read wrong. allen total rookie year vs herbert in 3 or 4 games. herbert looking stronger

Not apples to apples.  Herbert has two of the best big WRs in the NFL and a solid o-line.  Allen in his rookie year had the same talent level around him he had at Wyoming.

• Like (+1) 2