Titans player test positive today 10/7

BillsMafi$
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please narrowly restrict discussion in this thread to the NFL and NFL-related covid policy and issue.  It is acceptable to provide links to NFL policies and explanations of NFL policies provided they come from high-factual sources.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

Did you ever think THE Titans and THE Titans game would be the most talked about game and team of the season?  Bills v Raiders, Bills v Titans, Bills v Chiefs and now Bills v Patriots ..  Time to literally circle the wagons..

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Obviously if a game does not impact playoff seeding it probably wouldn't be made up. It makes more sense to pause the season a few weeks to get this outbreak under control. Maybe even lob off a few games, from 16 to 14 or 12.

The odds of that game not effecting seeding for at least one of the two teams is minimal, likely could even mean the difference between winning the division or wild card.  Even so if I were running the Bills and was given the choice of playing the game while my opponent next week is sitting back watching TV, I'd take a forfeit and a lower seed as oppsed to playing the game.  I'm sure the NFL would have an issue with that but.

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Can they flip the TNF game with the SNF game. This way both games still get primetime. Only difference is we get Al and Chris as opposed to Joe and Troy.

I don't care about prime time exposure, but do care about getting the games played.  do whatever to get that done as long as its safe for players coaches and officials.

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Then maybe the league needs to keep January open for make up games. Why do the playoffs have to start in January? No reason the Super Bowl can't be played in early March. The Stanley Cup was won in October as will the NBA Finals.

Yup. No reason why the NFL w/s/couldn’t have scheduled in several bye weeks for teams to account & give shuffling room for these eventualities. It was hubris, plain and simple.

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree. They are singlehandedly messing up the NFL. This game this week should be a straight-up cancelation at this point. Don’t want our guys getting infected. 

I’m worried about infection in our players.  We either play the Broncos or we don’t play at all. But getting the Titans.  Ugh.  Bad.  And, it increases the chances a marquee Thursday night matchup gets blown up later that week.  So I highly doubt this game is getting played. 

11 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m worried about infection in our players.  We either play the Broncos or we don’t play at all. But getting the Titans.  Ugh.  Bad.  And, it increases the chances a marquee Thursday night matchup gets blown up later that week.  So I highly doubt this game is getting played. 

The Broncos?

2 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Titans should be forced to forfeit if it’s found they violated any protocols. Can’t let this continue without any harsh punishment or it’ll happen again if they indeed violate any protocols

true if they violated protocols, but it's just as likely a player got it without violating protocols.  

Just now, Coffeesforclosers said:

The Titans obviously don't have their ***** anywhere near together.  Make them eat a forfeit.  That will get coaches attention real fast.

we simply do not have any evidence of this.  Getting a virus does not mean you did something outlandish.  

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

true if they violated protocols, but it's just as likely a player got it without violating protocols.  

we simply do not have any evidence of this.  Getting a virus does not mean you did something outlandish.  

Semi agree, semi disagree.

Getting it isnt something to be looked down at. But allowing it to spread as they have is a major issue, and most likely on them.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Getting it isnt something to be looked down at. But allowing it to spread as they have is a major issue, and most likely on them.

well, if the protocol is that everyone tested negative, and came into the facility, I'm not sure something happened internally that led to the spread.  We just don't know.  I'm all for punishing them if it can be proven protocol was broken (whether or not it led to the spread).  But there has been no evidence of that to date.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

What?  This makes no sense whatsoever.

The NFL wanted to bubble.  The players did not want to bubble and refused that as part of the planning.

Even now - In an interview after the Monday night game - Rodgers addressed that he would not have bubbled.

This was not anything the NFL could do without the NFLPA being on board.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The Titans obviously don't have their ***** anywhere near together.  Make them eat a forfeit.  That will get coaches attention real fast.

Add in a missed game check for the players and compliance will shoot up.

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

No forfeits. It’s cheap and I want a season without asterisks. 

On one hand, it will be super impressive to win through such a crazy season and you shouldn’t have to make excuses for winning.  On the other hand, are people really weighing these titles the same?  The Seattle Storm won the WNBA title last night and I haven’t seen one post about it! 

34 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

agreed. If I am the bills and the game is still on, I would say “no chance.” Those guys are a Petrie dish. 

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is exactly the issue.  

• Like (+1) 2