Bills scrimmage 8/27

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Magox said:

I'm just glad they're scrimmaging.

It's crazy to me that this would have been the week of 3rd preseason game

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I wonder if the Chris Brown suspension and general crackdown by the Bills organization on the media reporting of practices has everyone a bit gun-shy to report specifics...

I think it might be a situation where they need to wait until the end as they have in previous (but not all) practices 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A source inside practice just told me Gabe Davis caught a 20 yard slant on a rope from Josh and just floated the remaining 60 yards to the end zone. Even the defense wept at the sheer beauty of it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LB3 said:

A source inside practice just told me Gabe Davis caught a 20 yard slant on a rope from Josh and just floated the remaining 60 yards to the end zone. Even the defense wept at the sheer beauty of it. 

I was considering making up stuff just to make this thread more exciting as well.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm sure you are both the "players should stick to sports" types as well.  If you don't like the discussion go to another board or start your own thread.  Unfortunately this is not about "politics" it's about social justice.  By ignoring it or wanting it neatly categorized somewhere else you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Social justice is politics if you classify looting and violence, threatening people who don't raise their fists as social justice.  You operate as if there us a fixed, accepted definition of social justice and apparently there is not. And now I hope to concentrate on the scrimmage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This could just have to do with their schedule - didn't Jets scrimmage yesterday?

Yeah.

The Seahawks also already completed their scrimmage.

It seems so far like the teams cancelling practice are those who were only going to have a "regular" practice or walkthrough.

2 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

When did this happen in the scrimmage? 

Oh wait!  It didn't

I call out bs when I see it. I came here for scrimmage reports and now my blood pressure is up from the filth I've read. I'm logging out now, nothing new here.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Clyde Smith said:

I call out bs when I see it. I came here for scrimmage reports and now my blood pressure is up from the filth I've read. I'm logging out now, nothing new here.

I get it. Go eat a snack or drink a beer, that is how i lower my blood pressure lol

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, eball said:

I'm sure you are both the "players should stick to sports" types as well.  If you don't like the discussion go to another board or start your own thread.  Unfortunately this is not about "politics" it's about social justice.  By ignoring it or wanting it neatly categorized somewhere else you are part of the problem, not the solution.

OK, I'm part of the problem then.  There are other threads where this is being discussed.  Every thread does not have to go there.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This could just have to do with their schedule - didn't Jets scrimmage yesterday?

Jets were set up to practice at 9:30 and cancelled due to social issues. Both WFT and Colts announced cancellation as well due to social issues. 

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

FFS!  Can't you people show any self restraint on your post subjects in this thread?

I think I'll log out and come back later.

@YoloinOhio thanks for all you do and I'll look for your posts along with others like @Warcodered later!

I hope the mods can control this stuff going forward!

We really can't. 

We're like security facing shoppers at Walmart - if most people are willing to obey the local ordinance and wear masks, we can handle 1 or 2 that don't.

But if most people are like "F this, I'm going to do what I please" it's hard to stop.

It really depends upon the members being willing to follow guidelines and maintain primarily a football discussion board, where there are places (including OTW threads) where other topical issues can be discussed.

I can clean up a couple threads but this isn't my life.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I was considering making up stuff just to make this thread more exciting as well.

Wait - how do you know that wasn't true?   :P

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We really can't. 

We're like security facing shoppers at Walmart - if most people are willing to obey the local ordinance and wear masks, we can handle 1 or 2 that don't.

But if most people are like "F this, I'm going to do what I please" it's hard to stop.

It really depends upon the members being willing to follow guidelines and maintain primarily a football discussion board, where there are places (including OTW threads) where other topical issues can be discussed.

Agreed hapless. Take it somewhere place everyone. We are discussing football in this side of things.          So excited to hear what they do today and regular season. Offense in practice got me excited.

One thing that I did read on Twitter that made me laugh is that the Bills stadium is, indeed, blowing the non-stop train horn throughout scrimmage today. 

So...I guess we should assume it will be used during the regular season, as well?

Who needs fans when we can just cue up an ear-splitting train horn whenever the opposition huddles? ?

200.gif

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

One thing that I did read on Twitter that made me laugh is that the Bills stadium is, indeed, blowing the non-stop train horn throughout scrimmage today. 

So...I guess we should assume it will be used during the regular season, as well?

Who needs fans when we can just cue up an ear-splitting train horn whenever the opposition huddles? ?

Train horns matter! I’m the only one who likes it o think

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I was joking about this in another thread.

But, I suppose if other teams are allowed to have fans present, we should be allowed to startle the crap out of them with a train horn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was joking about this in another thread.

But, I suppose if other teams are allowed to have fans present, we should be allowed to startle the crap out of them with a train horn.

"Let's call FB West Right Slot 372 Y --"

d9mz32o-5fce52b2-f013-4969-ab96-40155766

• Haha (+1) 4

So let me see....

Global Pandemic? Check

Social Unrest? Check

Economic Collapse? Check

Political Division? Check

TBD Chat bordering on civil war? Check

No Sports? Check-ish

And if all that wasn't bad enough my entire DIY kitchen rehab has come to a screeching halt over my inability to install soft-close drawer slides in 130 year old cabinets. The instructions, quite literally say only: "Install drawer slides". 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it might be a situation where they need to wait until the end as they have in previous (but not all) practices 

I think I remember one of the media people saying they can only tweet during practice while the Bills are live streaming it other than that they have to wait till after.

2 minutes ago, Mickey said:

So let me see....

Global Pandemic? Check

Social Unrest? Check

Economic Collapse? Check

Political Division? Check

TBD Chat bordering on civil war? Check

No Sports? Check-ish

And if all that wasn't bad enough my entire DIY kitchen rehab has come to a screeching halt over my inability to install soft-close drawer slides in 130 year old cabinets. The instructions, quite literally say only: "Install drawer slides". 

You're welcome!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Logic said:

200.gif

Guess I called it

• Like (+1) 1